Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vertical display in frame.io

Frame.io only displays video in 16:9. Given that vertical video has been a thing for a few years now, it would be good if frame.io could present vertical or non-standard aspect ratio videos in their natural aspect ratio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Link Media dialog box file list export

The Link Media dialog box has long needed the ability to export all that detailed information about what's missing in a more readable manner (CSV?) than by taking multiple screen shots, especially when the list is long. A vendor sent me a project file package that's missing the media. I'm sending a screen shot but one won't capture it all and two screen shots will duplicate portions of the list. Being able to send the vendor a spreadsheet file of this same information would be great. Seems like this is would be much appreciated feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead Defaults

"Selection Follows Playhead" always defaults to "on" upon launch. It should reflect the last state in the app or the project (I always turn it off).

Any time after using the Lumetri panel, the "selection follows playhead" is turned on (regardless if it has been turned on or not). It should not automatically turn on, or if it is so desired for use with Lumetri, it should revert to user setting when moving outside the Lumetri panel.

R.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lumetri Scopes Stackable?

Can we have the Lumetri Scopes be able to stack vertically or moveable in any orientation? I run both waveform and vector scopes and they are side by side(horizontally) in a window that uses all my vertical res. If they were able to stacked vertically I'd be able to see more of the scopes accurately. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get rid of the AWFUL new interface that came with the recent update...

The interface completely changed when opening and exporting, and my team HATES it and we cannot find out how to change it back. Please change it back or allow us to opt out of using it. It's unsightly and frankly looks unprofessional. Maybe that was the motivation, but as professionals, we hate it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Convert to Paragraph Text" like in After Effects

There currently seems to be no way of converting standard text in PPro to Paragraph text, like I can in AE using "Convert to Paragraph Text". Could this be implemented, please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add notes to video or audio track

Please add a function to be able to add a note to an audio or video track. This would allow the team to note different alt versions for tracks - example.. lower thirds sample versions where one track has V1 and the next track above has V2 and we can place a note in each track as to explanation etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rollback UI Change

The new UI is terribly inefficient. I'm not opposed to change, but give the option for the "iMovie" like import window w/ a new project or a power user type new project for those of us who import footage other ways. Blackmagic Resolve does this well for example, where you crate a project on one tab and then it takes you to the import window. If you want to go directly to the edit window because say you drag folders in, you can hop right to the edit window without trying to navigate a clunky importer. The new export UI…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Project Window

The updated UI for a New Project" is so much more cumbersome. Please give us the option to switch back to the original window. This new look is actually more time consuming, because it's spreed out across the screen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export Media screen is blurry

Export Media screen is blurry since the update to 22.3. (Also Media Encoder 22.3 freezes mid-way through encoding.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Frame.io integration isn't user friendly.

Previously when using the Frame.io extension in premiere, you were able to select it in the "Extensions" dropdown under "Window" and place that panel anywhere on your workspace.

Now the Frame.io option in the "Extensions" dropdown is gone. And the only way to access Frame.io is to click the new "Review" tab that completely changes your workspace to something different that does not work for me.

I used to have the Frame.io panel appear in my custom Workspace. But now it doesn't show up automatically, and I have to click "Reset To Saved Layout" for it to show up as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 업데이트 후 불편사항 및 기존 불편사항

최근 업데이트 된 프리미어를 사용 중인데,
    파일 출력 시 변경된 레이아웃이 불편합니다

기존에는 파일 이름을 저장할 폴더에 있는 파일 이름에 이어서 사용 할 수 있었는데
    업데이트 후 각각 개별로 파일 명을 직접 써야 하는 번거로움이 생겼습니다. 아주 불편합니다

그리고 편집 시 타임라인에서 out point를 찍으면 왜 한 프레임 뒤에 찍히나요? 이해가 되지 않습니다. 제발 이것 좀 고쳐주세요.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it easier to change speaker name in Transcription

There's one small pain point that seems like it would be a fairly easy fix. Changing speaker names involves so many unnecessary clicks.

First, what are those two radio buttons to the left doing? They are totally useless as far as I can tell.

You have to click on the pencil to change the speaker name, but once you do, the name isn't pre-highlighted, so you now need to double click on the name to select it.

What would be much easier is lose the radio buttons, lose the pencil, just let us click on the name and edit the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient

New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient. Please go back to the drawing board on these "new features" they do not help content creators.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All,

first of all I wanted to thank everyone for making this a productive conversation over the last couple of days.

As several people responded to my comment about keeping the tone civilised, I need to dwell on that for a minute. Please hear me out, this is important to everyone on my crew and I hope it will be to you.

Saying that we shouldn't be surprised when things get heated is very problematic in my opinion. How do you expect a junior person on my team to respond to a technical question when it is combined with something that can easily be described as hate speech? How do you think we can actually come together on actual issues when there's already the assumption that we're a big faceless corporation, not even listening to our customers?

People on my team have received threats. I've been there over the years,…

17. 2022.3: Can not scroll Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.

In Export, I can not scroll the Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.
    I have 16 channels of audio and can only view 6 and a half of them. The window does not have a scroll bar to see past channel 6.
    This is an imported 2022.2 project and preset to export a Pro Res with 16 audio channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Smaller welcome window

Hi, there is weird behavior that welcome window in every adobe is bigger than maximised app itself. I have 4k display and this is really annoying how big it is.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better context awareness for custom keyboard settings

The default setting for "alt left" in the timeline is to nudge a clip left. This is supposed to override the application shortcut "trim left", but Premiere will still trim if the timeline is in focus and an edit is selected rather than a clip.

But if I change the default functionality from nudge to slide I lose this context awareness. Now the program will defer to my new setting regardless if a clip or edit is selected. Please change this. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to remove new Header Bar (22.3) from window

I'm a shortcuts person, and I like customizability. Please make the new Header Bar feature of Version 22.3 optional. I have no use for any of the buttons or information on the header, all of which are redundant and can be accessed either through the toolbar or via keyboard shortcuts. I appreciate that the Header may be convenient for new Premiere users, but for power users it is wasted screen real estate.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base