Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1924 results found

1. Call back or email when techs get knocked offline

Very first time talking to your techs and I get knocked offline. No call back. Nice work. Also, What? Israeli English selectable in my account but no Canadian English? BUT Canadian French? Come on! Update please. Not everyone in Canada is French speaking or British.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Upgrading to Ventura causing bug issues. Small but annoying.

After upgrading to Ventura OS, the "go to next marker" with markers in clips on the timeline stopped functioning. Also placing the pointer on a clip on the timeline, an info box would pop up, displaying the clip name and duration. That's also stopped functioning. These might be small things, but it's slowing my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Colour Transform indication

Some indication of any colour transforms being applied to a clip.

Could be as overlay, or part of timecode window, or as choice for text on clip in timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug: Transcript split/merge segment buttons stop working after playback

After one of Premiere's recent updates, the "Split segment" and "Merge segments" buttons have stopped working for me whenever I resume playback in a sequence.

Here's a quick screencast demonstrating the problem: https://youtu.be/gvoXIxDrUKI

System:
    - Adobe Premiere Pro, Version 23.0.0 (Build 63)
    - macOS Monterey, Version 12.6
    - MacBook Pro, 2017

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Set workspace to Captions and Graphics.
    2. Transcribe a sequence.
    3. Try to split/merge segments. The buttons should work correctly at this point.
    4. Resume playback, then pause.
    5. Try to split/merge segments again. Now the buttons don't work.

Workaround:
    I'm able to get the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using Simplify works only if you deselect Flatten multi, BUG?

Using Simplify works only if you deselect Flatten multi, BUG?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speech to text got worse in 23.0: the "search" tool resets itself frequently

When I use the "search" tool, the interface resets itself frequently. In 22.0 you could even change sequence without rewriting the word you were looking for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Sequence tabs disappear when switching between workspaces and back

If I'm in the Editing workspace with three sequences open, then switch to Color, Effects, etc., when I switch back to my Editing workspace only the active timeline tab will be open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove vertical slider bar from stacked panel groups

When having stacked panel groups, it's frustrating to have panels push each other over the displayed area with a resulting vertical slider needed to scroll to access the other panels. It would be awesome to have the panel labels stack at the top and bottom of the panel area for easy access instead of being pushed past the displayed edge.

Yes you can resize panels but they reset their size after you collapse and expand them.

In the included image, I have several more panels below Essential Graphics which are currently hidden and only accessible via the right scroll bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Replace with After Effects Composition" needs additional options

When right clicking on any media in a Premiere Pro timeline, there is an option to "Replace with After Effects Composition" (screenshot included).
    This creates a brand new AE composition in whichever After Effects file is open at the time.

There should be ADDITIONAL options in this dropdown menu.

For example: when hovering over the current "Replace with After Effects Composition" option, when right clicking media in a Premiere Pro timeline, there should be MORE options.

Examples include: "Replace with EXISTING After Effects Composition," as well as "Create New After Effects Composition" (which could do the same thing the native…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Underscore won't send bin item to top of ascending list anymore.

Putting and underscore "_" at the beginning of a folder or sequence would place it at the top of an ascending list view in the Project panel.

It doesn't seem to do that anymore, and now I'm very sad.

What's going on here?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug in 22.6.2 : Can't focus/select panels from separate monitors

I'm working in version 22.6.2. I have KBS set up to focus various panels, using the Application/Window/[PROJECTS] command (or [TIMELINES] or [PROGRAM MONITOR], etc.)

So if I hit SHIFT+2, my timeline should be focused/selected. However, if I have my project panel selected in my 2nd monitor, it can't focus back to a panel in the 1st monitor with a KBS. It WILL focus over from the 1st monitor to a panel in the 2nd monitor, but it won't focus back to a panel in the 1st monitor.

I haven't tested this with all combinations of panels, panel groups, etc.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shortcuts do not work properly in Premiere Pro when used as a double-byte language keyboard, such as Korean.

Shortcuts do not work properly in Premiere Pro when used as a double-byte language keyboard, such as Korean. If you enter a shortcut on the Korean keyboard, a box is created at the bottom of the screen instead of executing the shortcut command and the corresponding key is displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. media encoder

Hello, I have recently upgraded my Mac OS to Monterey, and I get an error message when starting to encode ProRes (mov) videos from an external hard drive source in Media Encoder.
    This used to not be an issue and no problems in the past.
    Could we please accomodate to have this bug fixed? Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. existing tool windows cover export controls

The export window should ALWAYS have top level focus and hide all other tool windows. Right now the tool windows can cover the export UI and you can't close them and the system makes the "error" tone. I have to move all my windows out of the way just to use the controls on the export screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Transcribing in a single window

I'm transcribing large chunks of texts. It's really helpful editing in Premiere, however I'm finding it clunky when I click on text that the window 'shifts' to an editing window, slowing the process down a lot. I'm not sure if it would be possible to edit text directly in the transcript window, however this would save time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 패널 고정기능

패널 갑자기 없어져서 편집하던거 2번날려먹었는데 그딴기능은 왜 쳐넣은거고 패널 고정기능같은건 왜 안보이냐

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BUG: Effect controls in Source panel in Multicam mode revert to video view after any change in the effects panel.

I have to switch back to the "effects controls" tab after any change because it reverts to the multicam video source after each change. I have only experienced this when adding effects to a multicam clip in a multicam sequence. Modifying the effects tab on the underlying single clips operates normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase visibility of marker comments (in Markers Panel), when project is locked inside a production.

When a project is locked inside a production, the marker comments in the marker-panel get greyed out to indicate, that no changes can be made.
    Unfortunately this results in a very poor readability.

In our recent project we divided a long interview into different parts using sequence-markers, noting important keyword into the comment section. Using the markers-panel we then can quickly find and jump to a desired section. Greying out the comments makes that very hard.

My suggestion would be to use a different indicator, like a lock-symbol, instead of a greyed out text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search in Project is Broken ('Filter Bin Content' box)

Search in Project fails completely. The 'Filter Bin Content' search box— as soon as I start typing, it just gets rid of all media except folders.

Incredibly annoying!

I have a large project with a lot of mixed media, and search used to work. I use it a lot. Not having it will add hours of annoyance.

For $6000+ per decade, absolute basic functions like searching a list of files should work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base