Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workspace where all audio layers are tall but are normal in other workspaces

Be great to edit audio with tall layers (as I often do) but then be able to quickly switch back to normal sized layers. This might work if track size is remembered in a workspace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the timeline panel is not updating

The ui only updates when I open a menu (such as edit or view). Otherwise, the timeline panel is frozen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. REMOVE THE COLOR LABEL SQUARES FROM ICON VIEW (or at least make them optional)

please dear god they're so ugly and distracting and unhelpful.

I use icon view specifically because it is a view that doesn't need colored labels. I can see what my footage is. I can see what my folders are. I do not want or need these ugly distracting little colored squares all over my media bins. If you do want them, that's fine, but can we at least make them optional? So people like me who find them awful in every way can get rid of them?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Global FX mute shortcut

"Global FX mute" shortcut only works when Program Monitor is selected/focused. It should work when any panel is focused.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New Sequence panel hiding long preset names. No resizing available.

When creating a new sequence, the left column with the presets list is limited to how long the preset title can be before it chops it off with three dots. The panel can not be resized to show the full names and the horizontal slider doesn't reveal them. I've counted 27 characters before it gets hidden.
    I believe that if the horizontal slider can reveal the full sequence preset name it will be beneficial to describe complex presets with long names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete the scrolling animation in subtitle editing window

When I want to edit a subtitle clip in Premiere Pro 2022 or Beta version, there will be an animation to move the chosen clip into the middle of the window. The idea is good but the animation itself always drop frame so that I need to click a clip for more than twice to make a change, it's too slow and really hard to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere Pro Doesn't Refresh The Output Dialog When Items Have Been Moved In Finder

If a user exports an item from Premiere Pro and then for any reason deletes or moves the export by using Finder, any re-exporting of the same item will result in an error claiming the item is already in the project. The only fix is to export to a different folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Production Instruction

Not sure why it is so hard to find this feedback page, nor why it doesn't feel like the right place, but here you go.
    On this page, https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.html

It says for example:

Set up the following preferences in the Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Premiere Pro > Preferences (macOS) dialog box.

In Preferences > Media, deselect the following options:
    Write XMP ID to files on import
    Write clip markers to XMP

Enable clip and XMP metadata linking

Great. A bunch of specific changes to settings without any explanation as to why, or even a link to relevant information about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent clip markers from covering audio waveform

Clip markers currently make it impossible to view the full audio waveform in timeline, making it very difficult to find anything under a certain dB if markers are enabled. Waveform should shift vertically to show the entire graph above marker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not remove media duration from icon view.

The latest update introduced coloured squares next to our media files. These coloured squares are placed where media duration used to be displayed.

Please show the media duration and remove these squares, or put them literally anywhere else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Caption edit function

1). I noticed during editing of the text in caption track, the cursor doesn't jump to the beginning of the line when you hit the "up" key. I have to either keep pressing "left" key or use the mouse. However, when I select all text and then hit "up" hit, the cursor is able to jump to the beginning. This is small but could be great to get improved.

2). When I try to type number into the caption box with my number key pad, it automatically jumps to the playhead position box. And it could be pretty annoying sometimes.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clips Thumbnail (More Smaller)

Can the thumbnails for the clips be more smaller?
    When I am only working on my mac I love my seeing the thumbnails of my clips. And since the minimum thumbnail sizes are still big.
    The clip thumbnails are occupying my whole program monitor, source monitor, and timeline. I would to have a smaller thumbnail so I can have more working space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dynamic Link

Dynamic link problem.

I can't playback or even operate Premiere if I have a clip connected to After Effects. I have to open both. And I have to open After Effects first before opening Premiere. Or else, opening Premiere first will be inoperable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bugs to Fix

Please fix the time remapping inside Premiere.

It is not previewing well. It is bugging.

Some bugs on the texts when rendering. Unusual flickers.

Text typing is very slow.

And it crashes a lot.

System:

MacOS Monterey

Macbook Pro 16' M1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ProRes RAW Source Settings - apply correct color space to multiple clips at once

I am editing ProRes RAW, S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 material and it is killing me to have to do the following for each and every clip in a sequence:

1. select an individual clip in the Timeline
    2. navigate to "Source" tab in Effects panel (not selected by default)
    3. Color Space > select S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 in drop down
    4. And then the usual Lumetri corrections, clip by clip. I will be editing a lot of this material, and it is always defaulting to BT.709. Perhaps there is a faster way already that I cannot find? If not, the ability to a) set a default color space for…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Color marker shortcut doesn't save. Marker reverts to default color

I use colored Clip marker to highlight important moments of clips using color code. I setup keyboard shortcuts to do this.

Everything appears normal when I do this. But if I open another clip, and come back to the first, all the markers now have the DEFAULT green color, negating the effort.

The only way to save the color change permanently seems to be to double click the marker, and select the color from the Marker pop-up window.

Any idea how to fix this ? I'm running 15.2 on a Mac OSX 10.15.7.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Workspace tabs like in Davinci resolve

the added taps for import edit and export are nice but I think they would be way more useful if there are more options. For example the option to switch between workspaces. I know you can already do this pretty fast but having te option there would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Legibility difficulties due to poor contrast

Hi,

I'm really struggling with the tiny text and poor contrast of the text and labels in Premiere Pro, so much so that I'm constantly having to lean in and squint to pick out the right menu option. The default text colour is a mid-grey, which, against a black background isn't great for legibility.

See attached examples.

I don't have vision problems or a learning need but I imagine those that do would really struggle with usability (especially dyslexics).

This seems like an easy one to solve - I hope the Adobe team can produce the goods!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Not remove the projects from Home screen when disk not connected

Not remove the projects from "Home screen" when disk not connected

Now when you open Premiere Pro and you don't connect your disk, it disapear from the list..

Can it remember the project location even if the disk is not connected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clip Level Transcription

We really need transcription to happen on a clip level via metadata, that stays linked to the source material. This would open up so many editing possibilities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base