Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Write better code, so that it uses less memory!

Might also belong in Performance......I am not sure why the locate missing media files option requires 79g of memory? And falls over without completing the task. My MacBook only has 8g of memory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug: 2022.4 - Project Settings Scratch Disks saved to another drive

Way back when, I'd have all my Scratch Disk settings set to my D: drive.
    I changed them to "Same as project" which was on my E: drive.
    Just had an issue with a poorly drawn Peak File.
    Found the Peak File folder on my D: drive and deleted the folder.
    Premiere re-drew the Peak Files correctly still on the D: drive even though the Scratch Disks were set to Same as project on the E: drive.
    I went back to the Scratch Disk settings and changed them all to D: again. Looks like a bug in the Scratch Disk…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Modal dialog keyboard mapping not consistent

Use of the enter key in modal dialog boxes changes depending on the function. This should be consistent across all modal dialog boxes. For example, the Audio Gain box confirms changes when enter is pressed, just like clicking OK. The rest of these examples dismiss the dialog box without changes, same as clicking cancel or X (close window). This is counterintuitive as a pre-highlighed OK button implies that pressing enter is the same as clicking OK. None of these examples have a moving highlight like the Export pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. move playhead to cursor bug

The "Move Playhead to Cursor" functionality has a small bug - if you assign a keyboard shortcut to move the playhead to cursor but the timeline window automatically advances during playback, when you "move playhead to cursor," the playhead will move to the old timecode where the mouse was in the OLD timeline position, rather than the new timeline position. Video attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. option+drag to replace footage on the timeline, like in after effects

after effects has the feature where you can option+drag (or cmd+option+/) items in your project pane on to a highlighted item in the timeline, and it will replace that item keeping all cuts/effects/animations in place. would love to see this implemented in PPro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. adding Multiple marker overlaps now malfunctions.

Adding Multiple markers in overlaps now malfunctions. When I use a spanned marker over a section to indicate something (ie group, type, etc) I was able to add additional markers in the area of the timeline covered by this "spanned" marker. Now it jumps the spans start and opens the edit marker dialog. Workaround right now is to make a marker outside of the area and drag it in. Kills the workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 22.4 Interface and Exporting

The new UI and layout has some nice features but is too much of a change, and is adding more frustration to me and others I know that have been using Premiere for years. The older version was much better and quicker to get started. Also, The Exporting has some nice features too, but now I have to type in the whole title to export the newest video version I am working on. In the past, I would just click browse and click the previous version exported and just change the version number. Now it doesn't give me that option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore Windows File Explorer dialog windows for new projects and exports

The Windows File Explorer is an integral part of any program's file operations, whether it be creating new projects, opening existing documents, or being able to rename and delete items. Removing this core Windows application process from Premiere's New Project dialog and the Project Export dialog adds unnecessary steps to an otherwise simple process. Windows File Explorer is available for all programs for a reason, especially for Premiere, a program that relies on lots of user files and project management tasks.

The new UI has removed the ability to see what files are in the selected project folder when creating…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timeline Jumps back to center when Duplicating Clips

When duplicating a clip, the timeline jumps back down to the bottom.
    Can we change this to where the timeline does not move when duplicating?

It gets worse when you have 20+ layers on a timeline and when duplicating somethin since you have to scroll up and down every single time to find the place you were on the timeline.
    Very annoying and time consuming.

Here is an example:

https://youtu.be/JAv5oAMysg4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Premier Pro 22.4.0 on MacBook Pro with MacOS Monterey 12.4 can't go full screen anymore

I've just upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.4 and Adobe Premiere Pro 22.4.0 won't go full screen anymore by pressing the green + button on the top left of the UI. Hovering the mouse pointer to that + now I get a "zoom" menu item and not an "Enter Full Screen" menu option. Same behaviour for all the Adobe apps. Other apps like Chrome work just fine. Any idea of what's happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show project asset names in full length (list view)

I've noticed that not all names of the project assets are fully visible in the list view, even though there is plenty of space for them. You have to click to edit the name to see the whole name. Some are (the first one?).

Could this be fixed?

Thank you,
    Have a nice day!

:j.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: Cmd + M no longer works to export media

As above, the Cmd + M shortcut to export is no longer working.
    I also find that often clicking File > Export > Media doesn't do anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DONT CHANGE EXPORT UI!

You are fg *! Who told you it's necessary to change the export UI. THE are so many **** tutorial about the old version. Are you ******* stupid? TURN it back!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Group panels under the same tab, make a group of panels appear or go away when selecting different tabs

In my picture, I have two panels "Frame.io" and "Effects Control" put together as two tabs in the same panel area. Currently, you can switch between them to hide one panel when viewing the other and save space.

Picture being able to put the "Effects" panel with the "Effects Control" panel, grouped together under one tab, so that you can hide and reveal both of them together. As in, if you select the "Frame.io" panel, both "Effects Controls" and "Effects" would hide and "Frame.io" would be visible. Then, you select the effects tab group and both "Effects Controls" and "Effects"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Export Screen Default Setting Selection

My day usually consists of exporting more than a handful of short clips, and with the old version of the Premiere export screen it would always default to the settings last used. I would be able to hit Command+M, and then Return, and the sequence would be sent to Media Encoder.

Now with the new 22.4 Export screen, it always defaults to "Custom", which is an H.264 formatted .mp4. It doesn't seems like there's currently any way to change that, even after going into "More Presets..." and removing all favorites except the one I want to use. The creation of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We start referring to the update as "Ugly Sonic."

Maybe that will clue in Adobe to what they could gain by listening to their customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What is happening?

What is happening I'm not able to open my any project in premiere pro cc 2022 now what should I do? please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Revisit bin metadata views

There's a lot of clip metadata available (eg via metadata window, or right click 'properties') that is not available in bin views.

Eg ...

Audio track bext/ixml info (mixL mixR radio1 etc)

ColourSpace info (slog3, arri logc etc) and input transforms/LUTs used.

Camera make, model, serial#

EVS clip info (cam label, TCindate etc) - never seen this in PP. Avid gets it from mxf I think.

Plus the whole interface for choosing/organising/hiding columns + saving presets could be way more efficient.

Mainly need to be able to choose + overwrite stored bin views without having to go into metadata entry…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to do maths in the number boxes, like in most other Adobe apps

I do maths in the input number boxes in After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator all the time (eg. something's scale is 317%, I want it half that, so I type "/2"). It seems weird that PPro cannot do this, and I have to use a calculator to work stuff out. Could we please have this ability?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base