Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE LET ME HIDE THE NEW HEADER BAR YOU SHITCVNTS

the new header bar takes up valuable realestate for menu options that will be used 0.001 percent of our time using the software.

how braindead are your devs for not throwing a toggle on this abortion of an update.

thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. nested clips - switch to main sequence

Ability to (like in after effects) easily go back to "parent" sequence after double-clicking, and entering a nested sequence. This is especially important when many sequences are opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to not include filetype in the bins

I like the way to import footage to PP, but I'd like to not see .MXF after all my files (or .MP4) or whatever filetype it is, as I'm also outputting for clients the filename using the Filename overlay effect, so I have to manually remove the .MXF from the bin in the name to get it to show cleanly.

This would be great to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide email address from Menu Bar > Help > Sign Out...

This is a minor request.

Under the Help menu in multiple applications, your email address displays next to the Sign Out option. When doing a screen recording or live streaming, this gets risky because you don't want to accidentally show the email to viewers. The workaround is to share just one window instead of an entire screen, but doing so would hide the rest of the Menu Bar and other popup windows.

It would be nice to hide (or have the option to hide) your email address from here so no personal information is visible while doing a screen capture.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Overscrolling the screen when sliding

I would like to sugest the function to overscrolling the screen when sliding/changing value sliders on adobe programs. For example, when I slide a value that is near the screen border i have to click and drag many times to change the value because the mouse stops at the screen border. with the overscrolling function i can keep scrolling and dragging while I hold the mouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The redesigned New Project window is awful

It's laggy. The location dropdown is laggy, the folder navigation is laggy, takes ages to load folders. Nothing about it is an improvement on the old one, and nothing about it is better than just being able to easily hunt through folders in finder to select the project location instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT workaround

Hello,

I think everyone can agree that the color and gamma should be correct no matter what when exporting.

Please get rid of the need to export with the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT to get correct colors.

Maybe theres other reasons why this LUT needs to be used, and thats okay. But Maybe there should be a check box or just an automatic feature that makes the colors correct on export! I think the idea here is less clicks and less workarounds. Everything should just work without thinking about it.

Not everyone knows about this LUT workaround, so I feel…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sequence naming should reflect updates in timeline

If I change/update the filename of a sequence clip (in the bin) that is already in a timeline it should automatically see that change and update in the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop reinventig the wheel and making Premiere unusable!!

The new Start Screen, is horrible, to create a project in the right folder takes way too long and the new export screen is the absolute worse. Looks like a Adobe has a new UI designer who wants to reinvent the wheel and not focus on usability. Not sure where the aim is here, but definitely not the customer. If you want to make a fancy tool for the simple ICC guys, then play around with Premiere Elements, but please can you keep your fingers off the Premiere UI, so professionals can keep working with it?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Old 'New Project' Dialogue much faster - here's why

We need an option to restore the old 'New Project' Dialogue box/window, not because we don't like change but because when software replaces OS-native dialogue boxes (open, save, new, import, export etc) OS-native shortcuts no longer work.

This creates endless pointing and clicking, the enemy of production! e.g. We should be able to create a new project and navigate with little to no pointing and clicking...
    - CMD + N = New Project
    - CMD + Down Arrow goes into a folder
    - CMD + Up arrow goes up a folder
    - Typing the first few letters of a folder…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shortcut to bring back top WORKSPACE menu - mine is gone and CMD + \ isn't working

I found the Workspace icon in the upper left - maybe was there before and I never noticed? But now my top bar workspace menu (and the white bar) are gone. Used to be able to bring them back with CMD + \, but that isn't working. It's much quicker for me to have them all accessible at the top like they used to be as opposed to having to click the icon. I am still on Catalina, attempting to upgrade to Monterey, so maybe that will correct it? I will add note here if it does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Effects tab LUT selection on Export window does not work correctly.

It's been this way for years and even after the questionable export tab update it's still broken.

When selecting a LUT on the export screen, it always says "None", even when there is totally a LUT selected. Which just so happens to be the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT...

...Which we shouldn't even have to use in the first place! The color and gamma should be correct without having to add this LUT to our exports! Why is there a "workaround" for every issue? Just please fix the issue!
    ANYWAYS...

Please, please, i'm on this forum multiple times a week. Doing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No scrolling should be no scrolling.

When I am in no scrolling mode, and the cursor moves out of the timeline area I am viewing - when i stop playback or click on the timeline, it changes the viewing area to the current cursor point. when I'm zoomed in on a point - it keeps throwing me out of the zone.
    there used to be no issue here. only in one of the latest updates this became a problem.
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Longer Starting Mask Hadles

The ability to control the mask points are unintuative. The handles that are generated are tiny when they appear at first and someone could create them without knowing when holding the click for too long while their mouse moves. Seeing handles that are further away from the mask point would help a lot in terms of knowing what is created with a single click and also what can be adjusted later when the mask is closed. They are only needed when changing the angle while it is mostly only needed when doing fine adjustments. Most users only need the points…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new update changing the export interface is not good at all.

Why would you change something that was working perfectly fine and make it horrible? You have to type in every filename manually now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The glaring issues with the Export Panel

The need Export panel is a massive PITA . Here's a just a FEW of the reasons why. There are many more .... but let's start here -

This is really BASIC UI/UX stuff. The flow of the new UI is utterly baffling. The old UI hand ALL the settings one side. The SAME side as the export button. So it flowed from the top the bottom.The new UI starts on the upper left and moves across then down then across again. Coupled with the fact the window is not resizeable or moveable make this design decision utterly baffling.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the Project Window part of "Save Changes to Existing workspace". Because it is not currently.

I like the Project window in the top left corner. I made a custom workspace set up that way and saved it, but every time I create a new project and select my custom workspace, the Project window is the only window that doesn't show up where I intend it to. It's always back in the bottom Left corner. PLEASE make the Project window location customizable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base