Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle hand tool by holding H

You should be able to hold the H key to temporarily toggle the hand tool. This should work exactly the same way it works in Photoshop and After Effects.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicating Sequence Resets Compressor Settings in Audio Track Mixer

I just encountered a quirk in Premiere Pro 12.1.2. I had to go back and revise some videos in which I had used a multi band compressor in the mixer on tracks 1 and 2. I duplicated the sequences to save my old versions, and when I opened up the new versions it reset all the settings in the compressor. I typically use the Broadcast preset, and for some reason it just reset back to default, effectively applying no effect at all. On one interview I had boosted the output gain a bit, and it reset the gain back to…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Type in Value for Keyframe

Can we please have the option of double clicking a keyframe and entering a value for it? This is a great function in AE, I wish it existed in premiere as well.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. See through a nested sequence

When editing a nested sequence, I want to be able to "see through" the nested sequence, where the edits are, as markers or lines or thumbnails...
    Please add and become my new best friend :)
    Thanks for a great product

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Designate Adobe folder location (Out of Documents) on Mac.

Please for the love of god allow us to designate the location of the Adobe folder that is created when launching Premiere or any other app.

I pay for iCloud on my Mac but it is rendered useless because Adobe creates a folder within my documents folder for previews and such. I thought there was once a time where we could choose this location.

My iCloud is synced to this documents folder. And is always full because this folder always grows.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Activate Color Themes In Libraries

Premiere Pro is now being used for lots of motion graphics projects, especially mogrts, so it is still illogical that the Color Themes in the Libraries is greyed out and unusable, this is really essential in our workflows

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. April Update will not retain settings for Workspaces on Mac 10.13.4

I cannot get Premiere to retain my settings for workspaces. I can delete them, reorder them, etc. and that lasts for as long as the project is open, as soon as close the project - then re-open Premiere, all the workspace are set back to default. I tried both checking and unchecking "Import Workspaces from Projects" and no matter if it is toggled on or off, the same thing happens - Premiere ignores my settings and reverts to default Workspaces.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Continued playback when moving playhead

Would be nice to even just have the option to toggle the ability to continue playback when the playhead is moved while playback is occurring. Final cut has this feature and at first it feels odd but it save so much time.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Show Duplicate Frame Markers" should work for video as well as still images

Would be ideal to see duplicated frames for still images, too, similar to the way it currently works for video, using the "Show Duplicate Frame Markers" option in the timeline controls. Thanks!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SOLO BUTTON IN VIDEO TRACKS

You could add a solo button for the video tracks, as in After Effects.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Actions" - just like in Photoshop, to automate things with shortcuts

Just like in Photoshop for example. You can make an Action - different commands executed one by one after pressing a keyboard shortcut.

Before I place my clips on the timeline I often need to modify them first. Change to one audio channel only, set timecode to 0 etc etc. And only after all of that I can cut and insert my clip to the timeline.

That "pre-proces" of clips I'm using takes to much time. Unfortunately there's no key shortcuts to do that - the ones there only opens the panel where you need to click manually.

It would…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change label color by clicking on it in Project bin (just like in After Effects)

Change label color of items in your project bin by clicking on the actual label color square - label dialog pops up - and click. After Effects does it beautifully.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Timecode calculator

Add the feature of calculate timecodes please.
    So you can add or subtract a specific Time from the Timecode which is is shown in the timecode panel.
    In that way you can jump precisely to a time stamp in a clip or timeline.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make encore a separate program, correct me if I am wrong, but It doesnt need CS6 to run so please just make it an option on CC apps.

correct me if I am wrong, but It doesnt need CS6 to run so please just make it an option on CC apps. It's annoying to have to download all CS6 to uninstall half of it. Not to mention, a lot of the time, specifically deleting PPR CS6 will make Encore unstable and un-runable. I feel that Encore shouldn't be tied to PPR. So Please, add Encore as a stand alone application, and I dont know why I have to go through such a process to get it to run.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4k multicam in 1080 sequence

When working with a 4K multicam clip inside a 1080 sequence, the multicam view shows the cropped 4K, not the full frame. It should show the "set to frame size" views...it's hard to see what you're doing the way it is now.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Larger Thumbnails in marker panel

Larger Thumbnails in marker panel

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add option to choose default template for project window column layout

I would gladly see an option to change default column layout in project window. Currently if i choose my favourite or needed columns for to display and if i save project and open it again, everything is reseted to default ones. The default one wastes important screen space with not so important info.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. project manager suggestions

It would be nice to see an estimation of time of the current Project Manager Export. Not only the bar moving.

Also it would be nice to have it exported in the background, while editing on another project. Or to have it exported via Media Encoder.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base