Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time-Tracking for Premiere

I was talking to a co-worker, and we were fighting about how much time a project had taken.

Then I brought up the question: What if Premiere had a time tracking function? What if it was an automatic tracker that kept the time of workflow when you were on the Premiere screen, and you could reference that for clients and/or your own use?

I feel like this is not super important, but it really is so that you have proof of how long it takes for some projects.

Sometimes you forget to check the time you started, so it's hard…

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New viewing option in project panel to move items freely

Please create a new viewing option in the project panel beside the existing list and icon view. With this option, you can move items freely by simply dragging them like in Avid Media Composer (see image). I think it would make a huge improvement in footage organizing since you could customize your footage structure better.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix timeline bugs caused by Windows display scaling

Disappointed to see that Premiere 2019 still doesn't have support for scaled displays. With display scaling above 100% now being the default on many devices, the timeline in particular has a nice dusting of graphical glitches.

In particular, though - and most frustratingly - the vertical line of the playhead often does not line up correctly. On my display (scaled to 115%, though it occurs to varying degrees with all scaling factors over 100%), the offset isn't even fixed! On the left hand side of the timeline, the playhead almost appears normal, but scrub to the right-hand side of the…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color labeling sequence tabs on timeline

Enable color coding the sequence tabs on top of the timeline, so one can mark the different versions that are open
    thanks

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. label color presets

We should be able to import / export our label colors / names, just like we import / export our keyboard shortcuts. This way Multiple editors can have a common language of what certain label colors mean.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bugs!

So many bugs in new release of Premier Pro - can't even use it. Gone back to 2017 version as I have projects that must get done.
    Fix the Bugs!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy/paste, select multiple, move multiple captions as if working with clips in timeline

it would be great if you could work with captions as you do with clips of footage in the timeline. Copy/paste, select multiple, move multiple captions just working with clips. Instead, we can only work with the entire caption layer, have to cut it separately if we want to move it about independently from the other captions. Let the timecodes adjust on their own if the captions move in the timeline. Don't give the captions layer its own timecode.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove auto-add audio tracks

Currently, Premiere Pro adds audio tracks to a sequence whenever a file with more audio tracks than the sequence contains is opened in the Source Monitor. So, say I have a sequence with four audio tracks. If I open a clip in the Source Monitor that has 8, four more tracks are automatically added to the Sequence. This is behavior is fine for the auto-generation of NEW sequences, but frustrating in that it modifies an existing sequence with no user input whatsoever. The functionality for adding tracks, as well as source patching and track targeting, works fine, and this behavior…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Marker Duration as Subclips

You want to cross a big step with documentary editor ? Well read that carefully. Markers are great deals on PRP but you'll have to push this just one step forward. When we you duration markers, we could use the markers panel to drag & drop (or insert shortcut) directly in timeline, just to put all the moment we isolate with markers in order.
    Trust me you'll change life of many editors.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Markers Duration as Subclip

Can you try to use Markers duration as Subclip.
    We could drag and drop from Markers panel to timeline. Trust me you will make many editors so happy with documentaries and long interview.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Video & Audio usage dropdowns broken?

I have the metadata for Video & Audio Usage turn on but when I click the dropdown in the project window, it doesn't show up anymore. In 2017 this worked fine. The usage dropdown DOES work in the Preview Area, but that's not ideal for checking many files quickly.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize options in Markers Panel

Option for column with of marker name - Now we can't see long marker names.

Option for sorting markers, by timecode both ways, name or comment

Toggle marker type and color

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete Master Clip Effects

When a Master Clip Effect is on a clip, you can see it in the Effect Controls pane and you can highlight the effect, but hitting delete doesn't do anything. You can right click on it to get a contextual menu, but selecting Cut or Clear won't remove it.

I have a project where someone was toying with applying a LUT and ended up adding 4 Lumetri Master Effects filters to every single clip in a feature. The only way I can see to remove all of the filters is to click on every clip and, ONE AT A TIME,…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Generate Timeline and Project window clip thumbnails in Background

Having PP slow down editing or playback so that it can generate thumbnails as new clips enter the visible portion of the Timeline is perhaps the most annoying thing in PP at the moment, since it happens every single time I open the program.

Two solutions:

1. Generate timeline clip thumbnails in the BACKGROUND! This way, when I play my timeline, it won't suddenly start stuttering as new clips come into view.

2. Save generated thumbnails so they don't need to be regenerated every time a project is opened.

The same should be true for thumbnails in the Project window. It's extremely…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Color Labels Per Clip

Premiere used to allow labeling each splice of the same movie clip with a different color label. Now, within the last few versions, it seems to globally apply the color label to the entire clip.

For over a decade now, this has been my workflow for breaking down footage to label sections of the same clip into a quick visual indicator of Great/Good/Useable/No Good footage. Now that feature has been taken away. I would like that back, PLEASE!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Post a Real Changelog for 13.1.5

The Fixed Issues page for 13.1.5 is woefully inadequate. Please post actual details of which issue were fixed.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG :: Effect controls panel not showing selected clip

Fix the bug where a clip is selected on the timeline but when navigating to the effect controls panel no clip effects are found forcing you to reselect the clip you are trying to change the effects of.

This seems to occur specifically if after selecting the clip in question in the timeline, you select the source monitor (usually stacked with the effects panel) and then proceed to select the effect controls panel. Selecting the effects control panel immediately seems to work fine.

Subsequently, if moving from the effects panel to the source panel and back, the clip is then…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Background colors for tracks

Would be neat having different background colors for tracks, which would make it much easier to organize projects with 10+ video tracks.

Attached is a mock-up of how that could look like (tracks V2, A1, and A3)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base