Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return CMD Double click to open up merged Clips

In Premiere you can no longer CMD double Click merged clips to open them as a timeline (Same used to be true for Multi Camera Sequences ) and then adjust the audio or video start points or make adjustments to the whole video or audio. This feature that was removed in the April update this was sent in as a bug report and the one half of the issue was solved (multicam works right now with the latest update ) but the merged clips issue remains. I have attached videos to illustrate how it used to work and how it…

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CLIENT NOTES WINDOW

A window where you can enter client notes that can be checked off upon completion. This way you will not have to leave Premiere Pro to review and check off completed notes.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color-coded Sequence Tabs

The tabs of different sequences that line up above the timeline should be colored to match their label color in the project bin. Often you're working with a dozen or more sequences with complex and very similar names, dragging or copying shots and sections and making other revisions. It's easy to tinker away for a while and then realize you've been revising the wrong sequence! Color-coded sequence tabs. Take it to the bank.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Label Colors in Thumbnail view

I'd like to see a label color icon in thumbnail view in the project window. I use the labels to denote certain things about a clip and prefer to view my project window in thumbnail view. Something as simple as a dot or bar next to the clip name would save me from having to flip so much between list and thumbnail views.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creating a Color Matte shouldn't require 3 separate dialogs

Currently, Premiere shows you 3 separate dialogs to enter size, color and name while creating a Color Matte.

This is entirely redundant user interface design. Just use the same dialog that After Effects uses (screenshot attached)

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mask not activating

cant seem to get the mask (under opacity) to work. I click it.. it ads a mask (1) but no pen tool activates

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make button selections clearer

It is hard to tell which option is selected when choosing a radial button option. And clicking the radial button option of your selection multiple times actually toggles between choices instead of confirming you've made your selection. View here for an example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/cb7keb/premieresdumbbuttonswaitfortheend/

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. workspaces

My workspaces are not being saved properly, every time I change to a different workspace or back to one I was just using, the project bin is in a new spot and throws everything off.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results

Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)

I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.

Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.

Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.

It seems to be completely broken and useless,…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. fix the anomaly where multiple tabs of the same project are open in the project pane

Why does my project panel have the same project opened multiple times? I've closed the project (and the multiple references to that project all close), but when I open the project later, there they are again, multiple references to the same project.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Layouts are not saved properly on PPro CC 2019 (13.0)

As with every major release, I installed PPro CC 2019 (13.0) using the following steps:
    1. Remove PPro CC 2018.1 (12.1.1)
    2. Remove settings & layouts by deleting folder "C:\Users{MyUser}\Documents\Adobe\Premiere\12"
    3. Remove Cache Files (Both from scratch disk and %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common)
    4. Also remove third party plugins, Blackmagic drivers, NDI tools
    5. Update Nvidia drivers
    6. Install PPro CC 2019 (13.0)
    7. Install latest versions of plugins, blackmagic drivers
    8. Restart computer and start PPro with Alt-Shift to purge plugin cache data.
    9. Adjust all settings and make my layouts, making sure I have the "import workspace from projects" is disabled.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Workspace Bar Still not Saving

The bar at the top keeps defaulting to the usual workspaces. I want to use my own workspaces please!!

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A keyboard shortcut to activate motion handles around a clip for moving/scaling

When I'm using Premiere for basic animation, it becomes frustrating to click the clip, open the effects tab, click the square next to "Motion," and then start moving the image or clip around the frame, over and over again.

If there was a way to just select the clip/image in the timeline and hit a button – instant access to move it around the frame – that would be amazing.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add keyboard shortcut for Show/Hide Application Title

The keyboard shortcut to show or hide the application bar (Ctrl + ) seems to be hardcoded and cannot be modified in the Keyboard Shorcuts preferences menu.

It only works on a qwerty keyboard as well because \ is only accessible with modifier keys on others (azerty in my case).

Could you please add it to the Keyboard Preferences menu so we can enjoy this useful shortcut without having to use another keyboard?

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hello, can you please make the mouse disappear when in full screen. thanks! Doing great you guys!

Hello, can you please make the mouse disappear when in full screen. thanks! Doing great you guys!

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. batch rename

Batch renaming within a bin. The ability to select all the clips (or some of the clips) in a bin, right-click and select batch rename. From there you could select parameters much like renaming files in the mac finder--Name format, starting number, etc.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Read TC from audio track (after using Tentacle Sync for example) and batch sync option

It would be nice if Premiere Pro can read timecode from audio track, when using things like Tentacle Sync, which writes timecode to an audio track). Also batch synchronizitaion when you have many files (via audio or timecode) directly in bin, or on time line would be nice and will make preparation stuff much faster.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Several major issues with the Media Browser

-The media browser can be very slow, proportional to the amount of folder/files it has to open. (I have to wait several minutes for it to load a folder with 1963 folders in it. Explorer loads that instantly.)
    -Even when a large folder has been clicked on in the media browser, and has files inside, it will always first display nothing, as if it is completely empty. A second or two later, the text "Reading..." appears. This means that the user never knows if a folder is actually empty, unless they wait an indeterminite amount of time, to see if…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a "Fit minus 10%" option to the program monitor zoom level menu

I often need to shrink the program monitor in order to work with mask handles outside the frame. Once they're outside, you need to shrink the monitor to see them. If we had the option to view the program monitor with a little extra space around it, it would save the steps of zoom out > adjust mask points > zoom back in.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base