Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workspace configuration not being saved

Workspaces get restored to default everytime I start Premiere. If I delete default workspaces or make changes to them, the settings are not stored somehow...

In "C:\users[username]\documents\adobe\premiere pro\12.0\profile-[username]\Layouts\WorkspaceConfig.xml" i can see, that everytime i start PP, my config is overwritten with the default workspaces...

Please make it happen, so i can work with my personalized workspaces :(

31 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brightenordarkentheinterface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a high DPI user interface scaling setting for Windows

Allow Windows users to select the UI scaling factor independent of the system scaling factor. This feature is available in Photoshop and Illustrator, and needs to be added to Premiere (and really all of the CC apps) for users who have mid-sized high DPI screens. This will allow users to take full advantage of the screen real estate for panels in Premiere that a high-resolution monitor affords without having to sacrifice readability in other applications like web browsers.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop trying to use just CC as the version name

The first version after CS6 was CC, then you started adding the release year. Now in 2018 you've dropped the year and are just calling it CC again. This is really confusing. Just leave the numbers on the name. There was nothing wrong with that.

If you really don't want to use the year, at least include the program version number. There needs to be something there so we can keep track of what's installed.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Audio/Video Usage Metadata Display

The Video Usage and Audio Usage metadata Display info no longer shows where in the project (Sequence Name) an item is being used. It still shows the number, but hovering over the field, or clicking on it no longer has an effect.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. audio and video track color coded

Allow not only color code the clips but also the tracks, which would override clips color (so every time you add a clip to a certain track, that clip takes the track color. Very useful for audio, specially when lots of tracks) Also, the audio track faders should be same color of the track.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give momentary keypress functionality to hand and zoom tools

Hold H to momentarily activate the Hand tool, move the timeline around, let go of H to return to the previous tool.

Same action for the Zoom tool.

At the present time, you have to reselect the tool when you're done moving around.

HUGE advantage for those of us who use Wacmon tablets and don't have a scroll wheel, as there is no other way to easily move in the timeline. The only way to achieve it with my Wacom, is to hold my top button and scroll the pen up & down - left & right doesn't function in…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Source Monitor - Video and Audio waveform stacked preview

Show both Video and Audio (the waveform) in the Source monitor. So a new preview mode to be added to the settings, so it would read:
    Composite Video
    Audio Waveform
    Alpha
    Multi-Camera
    Video and Audio Waveform Split (the newly added) 4th option

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. increment and save for Premiere

allow an increment and save feature in Premiere same as Ae. this way you can easily create incremental versions of your project in cast you want to go back and auto save is not enough. this will solve the workaround of "save as" and adding _number.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support the interface in Arabic

Please support the program interface in Arabic It is the only program of the Adobe family does not provide Arabic language

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

• Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

• When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

• When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Visually Distinguish Which Sequences are in Which Project When Multiple Projects Are Open

It would be nice to visually see which projects correspond to which project when I have several open at once. Right now they're just tabs in the timeline window, but if there was a way to visually see which ones were with which project (ie. color coordinate or something like this) it would be immensely helpful. That way I don't accidentally work in the wrong sequence/project.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Default marker length

Option to set default marker length.
    Or a keyboard shortcut to extend length of marker.
    At least enough to be able to see the label's text.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search bins and Search bar have some bugs and unwanted behaviour

Some important options are greyed out when search bins are opened in a separate panel but available when search bins are expanded in the root panel.
    Also, Search bar reveals files and their folders, selecting all will result in selecting the containing folders with everything in them including the non-filtered files. Previously, premiere used to reveal the searched for items without their inclosing folder.

This thread for reference: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10296142#10296142

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix mouse dragging delay when changing effects values

Since at least CS6, there has been an issue for me with dragging on an effect value (Position, Scale, etc.). When I click and drag on it, nothing happens if I move my mouse slowly, which is what I normally want to do. I have to move it quickly for it to recognize that my mouse is moving, and then the value will change, but because I'm moving the mouse so fast, it jumps way past the value that I wanted. I would expect that as soon as I start dragging, the value would change immediately.

Here's a link to…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. workspaces

Workspaces are not being saved. I change it, save it. Click to switch to my newly saved workspace and the panels are not where I put them. Something is glitching and broken.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base