Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proxies & Presets

There are a number of outstanding issues with proxy workflow. I'm surprised none of this has been addressed by Adobe recently.

As an example - an old thread:
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34343344-simplify-improve-proxy-workflows#comments

I'll highlight one issue that remains egregiously convoluted: the official Adobe video requires 9 minutes to explain how to create a proxy preset. ... 9 minutes of explanation to create a preset! This is a fairly clear indication of a convoluted workflow. It needs to be simplified (and frankly bouncing between AME and Premiere should not be part of it).

R.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Window Priority & Display

Some of the windows in Premiere Pro have priority over other windows - they overlap and can not be "sent behind" other windows, they're always on top.

However, there's no indication that these windows are in any way special or different from other windows.

Also, there's no clear logic behind some of it - I have a current workspace where the mixer is always visible over the timeline (it cannot be "sent behind"), while other windows will come to the fore depending on if they are selected or active.

Some user interface indicators and general logic clean up on this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save settings on default transitions

I would love to be able to save settings for frequently used default transitions.

For example, I often use the push transition across multiple images or clips. To speed up my workflow, I have assigned the transition a custom time frame and shortcut key. However, I always have to go back in and change the default direction from "West to East" to "East to West" for each image or clip. This does not sound like a lot until you are doing this across 50+ images. Really cutting into my time savings.

Hoping this could be easy to implement as it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save settings on default transitions

I would love to be able to save settings for frequently used default transitions.

For example, I often use the push transition across multiple images or clips. To speed up my workflow, I have assigned the transition a custom time frame and shortcut key. However, I always have to go back in and change the default direction from "West to East" to "East to West" for each image or clip. This does not sound like a lot until you are doing this across 50+ images. Really cutting into my time savings.

Hoping this could be easy to implement as it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ProRes RAW Source Settings - apply correct color space to multiple clips at once

I am editing ProRes RAW, S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 material and it is killing me to have to do the following for each and every clip in a sequence:

1. select an individual clip in the Timeline
    2. navigate to "Source" tab in Effects panel (not selected by default)
    3. Color Space > select S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 in drop down
    4. And then the usual Lumetri corrections, clip by clip. I will be editing a lot of this material, and it is always defaulting to BT.709. Perhaps there is a faster way already that I cannot find? If not, the ability to a) set a default color space for…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Color Code Keyframes

There should be a way to color-code keyframes when there are multiple it is difficult to differentiate especially in large projects I would like to put all ease in into blue color ease out into yellow so that even after a few weeks I can just check random part of a video and immediately know what is what.

I honestly think this would be quite easy for Adobe to add just colors and would make a big difference I think.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transcript Workflow

While I am intrigued, I am baffled by the design choices in the transcription functionality of Premiere Pro - it's a bit mystifying as to what workflow designers had in mind when designing this function.

A search for "transcripts" in the online manual provides little guidance.

I think the issue here is that use of transcripts in editing has a long history - they are used as an editorial and organizational tool by editors.

The new transcript functionality in Premiere seems to have been entirely designed around the text-to-speech function as a step in creating captions.

This is confusing to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Drag & drop media into project isn't working

Premiere Pro 22.1.2

Dragging and dropping media from the finder into my project folder no longer works today. It worked yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. And now it doesn't. I haven't changed a single setting during this time.

I can right-click and use the Import... selection from the dropdown but the file that appears has a different file name than what's in the finder.

What gives Adobe? I'm seriously frustrated and this has been a subpar experience for a suite that costs over $800/year and yet can't function properly from one day to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Highlight Transcripts in Text Window

The in-app transcripts are an amazing time saver. It would be great to be able to highlight and/or annotate transcripts right in the window. I often do this with PDFs and it's an amazing organizational tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Photoshop Actions in Premiere Pro

You know how there are actions you save and reuse in Photoshop to do repetitive tasks. How about something like that in Premiere?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On a mac, Premiere and I believe AE do not share the screen well. Often you have to force the PP screen to hide just o look at another app.

On a Mac, Premiere (and I believe AE) do not share the screen well with other applications. Often you have to force the PP screen to hide just to look at another app rather than simply switching to the other application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix Source Monitor Out Point

Dragging the In/Out Points in the Source Monitor are supposed to preview the actual frames. The problem is, dragging the Out Point shows a wrong frame way ahead in the footage. Often times it just displays a black frame if this point is past the end of the source clip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Titles to Markers

When I started naming the timeline markers today, I noticed that the name only shows when I hover my pointer over them. This is a bit daft, I want visible labels at all times. How is this software 'industry standard'?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Loudness Meter Dockable

Please make the new Loudness Meter dockable into a workspace, just like the Audio Meters are.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. UI Scaling is in state of neglect

Customers have been reporting the bugged UI scaling for years and no response. The fact adobe products don't scale properly on a 4k monitor is a glaring issue.
    Adobe support will recommend you adjust your monitor resolution and/or the OS scaling settings - both of which cause problems elsewhere, outside of adobe products.
    The burden should not be on the user, nor the OS.
    Writing this as a new customer who installed Photoshop and Premiere to find it unusable out of the box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Transcript window bug forces sequence playhead to jump and lose their place

BUG REPORT:

I have a sequence open and a Premiere-generated transcript window open as well.

I switch to another sequence - this one does not have a transcript. The transcript window stays open but goes blank because there is no transcript generated.

However, Premiere then tries to move the playhead in this sequence to the timecode of the PREVIOUS transcripted sequence. But since the previous sequence is much longer, Premiere forces the playhead to the very end of the shorter sequence.

This is hugely frustrating when I'm switching back and forth a hundred times a day. From an hour-long transcripted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shortcuts for speech to text

As I was using the "Transcriptive" plugin before Premiere had the speech to text option, I am really missing shortcuts for faster editing:

++

Ctrl + Left Arrow – Previous Word | Ctrl + Right Arrow – Next Word

Merging/Splitting Lines/Paragraphs:
    Ctrl + Shift + Up OR [Delete]: Merge Line/paragraph with line above.
    Ctrl + Shift + Down OR [Enter}: Split Line/paragraph into two lines.
    (These behave slightly differently. ‘Control+Shift+up’ will merge the two lines together no matter where the cursor is. If you’re trying to combine a bunch of lines together, this is very fast. [Delete] uses the cursor…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Holy $*** your GUI is so frustrating

You guys have made it unbelievable easy to accidentally hit a key or click a button and make panels disappear almost permanently -- in general the entire user layout is easy to F up. This is SO Incredibly frustrating as a user trying to work quickly and efficiently through their workflow. I am now trying to get my effects panel on the right hand side of the editing screen to re-appear for 30 mins straight now and even when I click show all panels then my GUI view gets even more screwed up. I am THIS close to switching over…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Premiere Pro Doesn't Refresh The Output Dialog When Items Have Been Moved In Finder

If a user exports an item from Premiere Pro and then for any reason deletes or moves the export by using Finder, any re-exporting of the same item will result in an error claiming the item is already in the project. The only fix is to export to a different folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug : Transcribe Not Working over VPN Connection

Our Premiere Pro users make use of the Transcribe sequence feature in Premiere (v15.4.1) but they find that when working from home and using our VPN connection to access internal resources, the Transcribe button is greyed out. When hovering over the button the error tooltip states 'User not approved for cloud transcription usage. Please check again'. Thefeature DOES work if only connected to the internet (say user's home network) but when the VPN is connected, no dice.

We've tested this with a number of users and they all have the same result. My first thought was to bring this up…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base