Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a tier of account that can share libraries without having a seat for the app

Currently, to be able to manage and share libraries from Premiere Pro, an active seat for Premiere Pro is required.

For larger organizations, this seems wasteful and inefficient.

I have users who are post-production supervisors and post-production coordinators, who don't need active Premiere Pro seats themselves, because they're not actively editing.

However, it makes the most sense for them to be able to manage and share libraries out to other users on the same Team plans.

Ideally, this would function similarly to how stock.adobe.com does--a user can access our stock plan without having any one seat for an app.

Right…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Overscrolling the screen when sliding

I would like to sugest the function to overscrolling the screen when sliding/changing value sliders on adobe programs. For example, when I slide a value that is near the screen border i have to click and drag many times to change the value because the mouse stops at the screen border. with the overscrolling function i can keep scrolling and dragging while I hold the mouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sequence naming should reflect updates in timeline

If I change/update the filename of a sequence clip (in the bin) that is already in a timeline it should automatically see that change and update in the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change color of marker in marker panel

The simple ability to right click on a marker in the marker panel and change the color.

It's great we have the ability to SORT by color in the panel - just follow the next logical step and have us CHOOSE the color as well!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have text box controls like in AE

If I drag to create a text box in Premiere, there is then no way (as far as I know) to resize it symmetrically. In After Effects, I can start dragging one of the text box's handles, then hold ctrl, and it resizes symmetrically. Seeing as a large proportion of text is set in the centre of a screen, this is an invaluable feature, and really should be adopted in Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcut to bring back top WORKSPACE menu - mine is gone and CMD + \ isn't working

I found the Workspace icon in the upper left - maybe was there before and I never noticed? But now my top bar workspace menu (and the white bar) are gone. Used to be able to bring them back with CMD + \, but that isn't working. It's much quicker for me to have them all accessible at the top like they used to be as opposed to having to click the icon. I am still on Catalina, attempting to upgrade to Monterey, so maybe that will correct it? I will add note here if it does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No scrolling should be no scrolling.

When I am in no scrolling mode, and the cursor moves out of the timeline area I am viewing - when i stop playback or click on the timeline, it changes the viewing area to the current cursor point. when I'm zoomed in on a point - it keeps throwing me out of the zone.
    there used to be no issue here. only in one of the latest updates this became a problem.
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create bin organization on launch.

I use the same bin structure for organizing every project. One bin each for certain files: Video, Audio, Sequences, Adjustment Layers, etc. It would be efficient to be able to set up a custom bin template that imports on launch for every project to save time typing, especially because I work on multiple new projects every day. Each minute I spend on that could be spent on an important export/render.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Isolate multiple tracks for reviewing titles

I find the Text > Graphics panel very useful when there are a lot of individual titles on the timeline. The problem is though that you can either choose to show 'All tracks' or isolate to one track at a time. Could this be a checkbox option so that multiple tracks could be isolated at once? For example in this project I have titles on V9 and V10 so it would be super helpful to isolate V9 and V10. Currently I have to show 'All tracks' which means I have to scroll past titles/graphics I don't need to check.

Attached…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent Premiere's "Welcome" screen from starting full-screen.

I'm working with multiple windows (Chat, e-mail, etc.), and it's kind of unnecessary that Premier's "Welcome / Recent Project" screen commands the ENTIRE screen upon startup. Please just let us resize the window according to our preferences and have it save that way for next startup There's a huge amount of blank space in the screen anyway, so it seems like Premiere is a screen-hog. I prefer to just have a simplified and layout from which to be "welcomed" to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Longer Starting Mask Hadles

The ability to control the mask points are unintuative. The handles that are generated are tiny when they appear at first and someone could create them without knowing when holding the click for too long while their mouse moves. Seeing handles that are further away from the mask point would help a lot in terms of knowing what is created with a single click and also what can be adjusted later when the mask is closed. They are only needed when changing the angle while it is mostly only needed when doing fine adjustments. Most users only need the points…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eyeballs and Locks toggle similar to After Effects

Make the track locks and visibility similar to After Effects, so if I want to lock or turn off the visibility of several tracks I simply click and drag across all the eyeballs or locks to turn them off or lock them rather than clicking them one by one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The frame count while rendering previews is inaccurate

This has been an issue for as long as I've used Premiere, so several years at least.

When rendering previews, Premiere describes the progress as "rendering frame _ of _". This progress is completely inaccurate. It appears what premiere is doing is assuming every preview it's rendering is the same number of frames. So if I have 100 previews, and it completes 99 of them, the frame number reported here will ALWAYS be 99% of the total number of frames.

This is obviously a major problem when the previews have significantly different lengths. For example, I have a long movie,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make multiple Project/Bin windows Independent of one another

When multiple project windows are open (e.g. having multiple bins open for easy access to files in different bins), the project windows aren't independent of one another. If working in one project window and trying to navigate to a certain bin but the other window has the target bin open, the current project window will not navigate to that bin and will instead direct me to the other project window. I am then stuck and can't direct the current project window anywhere in any higher levels of the project without deliberately pointing the second window to a different bin on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When playing the sequence and timeline marker is out of immediate view, clicking to get in view sends me away

This is a recent change since update 22, usually I am focusing on one part of an edit but then maybe i want to hit Enter to pre-render the red clips or I want to hit Render Audio to show my nested audio waveforms.
    When the elements are rendered the sequence begins playing, so I would click the timeline marker back to where i am, which usually pauses the edit, bringing the marker back into my small focused area on the timeline.

However! since the recent 22 update, now this action throws me back to the beginning where the timeline…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Timeline plays back wrong file after adjusting scaling and position

PLEASE STOP BREAKING PREMIERE BY ADDING FEATURES.

All I want is to be able to edit without issues, and play back the timeline at double speed. You keep changing the interface and adding features, please for the love of humanity just make Premiere stable.

I just updated to the latest version, and not only have you NOT fixed the timeline playback issue where playing at high speed causes the timeline to freeze all video and keep playing audio, you've now added a new wrinkle.

If I adjust the scale and position of a clip in the timeline, then go to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 22.3.1 (Build 2) not looking at LUTs folder

LUTs are supposed to be read from %AppData%\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
    They were before the update, they no longer are looked at.

It's also pretty dumb that you can't change the location. I don't see any reason it shouldn't be your creative cloud folder so you could share them more easily with your team. ALSO, why in the World does AE, AME, and Premiere have different LUTs folders when they include the same LUTs? I don't even want 2/3 of them, but since you people put them in the program folder I can't change them due to permissions. Of course, that would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Toggle through LUTs in Lumetri on Mac

On a Mac, when using Lumetri, you can't use the scroll wheel or the up/down arrows to quickly and easily cycle through luts and see how each looks. You have to click the drop down menu and scroll to the next LUT and then click it.

On Windows you can use the mouse scroll wheel hovering over the menu to do it, or click in the menu and use up/down arrows to auto-select the next LUT in the list.

This bug (or lack of feature) needs to be fixed on the Mac. It takes FOREVER to sample each LUT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A better "Consolidate Duplicates"

I wish we had preferences for the behaviour of "consolidate duplicates", similar as for linking material.

-Options for identifiers: possibility to take proxies and audio mapping out of the equation.

-Specific warnings for mismatch of proxies, media interpretation or audio mapping. Possibility to override,

-Options for prioritizing witch instances gets deleted. Like hierarchy, number of use, or AI

Thanks

-Anders

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email notifications for team project changes

Team project updates are only displayed in the creative cloud op/ OS notifications. I’d like a feed of these notifications via email or elsewhere outside of creative cloud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 89 90
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base