Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1925 results found

1. Bug in 22.6.2 : Can't focus/select panels from separate monitors

I'm working in version 22.6.2. I have KBS set up to focus various panels, using the Application/Window/[PROJECTS] command (or [TIMELINES] or [PROGRAM MONITOR], etc.)

So if I hit SHIFT+2, my timeline should be focused/selected. However, if I have my project panel selected in my 2nd monitor, it can't focus back to a panel in the 1st monitor with a KBS. It WILL focus over from the 1st monitor to a panel in the 2nd monitor, but it won't focus back to a panel in the 1st monitor.

I haven't tested this with all combinations of panels, panel groups, etc.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Shortcuts do not work properly in Premiere Pro when used as a double-byte language keyboard, such as Korean.

Shortcuts do not work properly in Premiere Pro when used as a double-byte language keyboard, such as Korean. If you enter a shortcut on the Korean keyboard, a box is created at the bottom of the screen instead of executing the shortcut command and the corresponding key is displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. media encoder

Hello, I have recently upgraded my Mac OS to Monterey, and I get an error message when starting to encode ProRes (mov) videos from an external hard drive source in Media Encoder.
    This used to not be an issue and no problems in the past.
    Could we please accomodate to have this bug fixed? Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow User to Cancel Transcription

I should be able to cancel a transcription submission from the Text window. I accidentally submitted a transcription with incorrect settings but couldn't find a way to cancel that. I want to be able to cancel it and resubmit for transcription with the correct settings.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Click mouse scroll wheel for Hand Tool

The Text window introduced this handy AE feature to Pr, allowing users to drag the view up/down by temporarily turning their cursor into a hand tool while holding down their mouse’s scroll wheel. Oddly, this feature is still only present in this single window where users are the least likely to use the feature (since scrolling up/down is even easier to do by simply scrolling the mouse’s scroll wheel).

This functionality should be added everywhere it makes sense:

-Project and Effect Controls windows to move up/down/left/right

-Source/Program Monitors to move an image around

-Timeline (Note: while the hand tool can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove 51 clip limitation when opening clips in Source Monitor

Since the 51 file limit was probably programmed at a time computers would have struggled to load more, it is an artificial limitation that is most likely no longer relevant and should therefore be eliminated altogether.

Without this limitation, loading 300 clips in the Source Monitor, for example, would take 11x less work!

No limitation:
    1. Select and open 300 clips in Source Monitor

With limitation:
    1. Select and open clips 1-50 in Source Monitor
    2. Close all clips after reviewing
    3. Select and open clips 51-100 in Source Monitor
    4. Close all clips after reviewing
    5. Select and open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. existing tool windows cover export controls

The export window should ALWAYS have top level focus and hide all other tool windows. Right now the tool windows can cover the export UI and you can't close them and the system makes the "error" tone. I have to move all my windows out of the way just to use the controls on the export screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transcribing in a single window

I'm transcribing large chunks of texts. It's really helpful editing in Premiere, however I'm finding it clunky when I click on text that the window 'shifts' to an editing window, slowing the process down a lot. I'm not sure if it would be possible to edit text directly in the transcript window, however this would save time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 패널 고정기능

패널 갑자기 없어져서 편집하던거 2번날려먹었는데 그딴기능은 왜 쳐넣은거고 패널 고정기능같은건 왜 안보이냐

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG: Effect controls in Source panel in Multicam mode revert to video view after any change in the effects panel.

I have to switch back to the "effects controls" tab after any change because it reverts to the multicam video source after each change. I have only experienced this when adding effects to a multicam clip in a multicam sequence. Modifying the effects tab on the underlying single clips operates normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase visibility of marker comments (in Markers Panel), when project is locked inside a production.

When a project is locked inside a production, the marker comments in the marker-panel get greyed out to indicate, that no changes can be made.
    Unfortunately this results in a very poor readability.

In our recent project we divided a long interview into different parts using sequence-markers, noting important keyword into the comment section. Using the markers-panel we then can quickly find and jump to a desired section. Greying out the comments makes that very hard.

My suggestion would be to use a different indicator, like a lock-symbol, instead of a greyed out text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search in Project is Broken ('Filter Bin Content' box)

Search in Project fails completely. The 'Filter Bin Content' search box— as soon as I start typing, it just gets rid of all media except folders.

Incredibly annoying!

I have a large project with a lot of mixed media, and search used to work. I use it a lot. Not having it will add hours of annoyance.

For $6000+ per decade, absolute basic functions like searching a list of files should work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search free adobe stock content in Premiere

Currently the Adobe Stock library does not have a filter to show only free content. There seems to be one in the graphics panel (a tick box), but not for the search in libraries.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add scroll bar in essential graphics area

multi panel on right (default), I open essential graphics. I have 4 texts selected, attempting to adjusting the drop shadow blur but it is under the next panel. I stretch the bottom down so I can see the blur slider, I click to adjust the blur and the panel size resets back to where it was. No option to scroll yet, just a bug. I drag the panel onto another monitor and no issue because i can resize it without it resetting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PREMIERE PRO 23.0 Bug in transcription window

BUG in transcript window in to out no longer works. see attached. It says the in to out points are invalid.. but they aren't

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change wording of user feedback importance rating or add more gradings

The thing with choosing between 'not at all' 'important' and 'critical' is that, if one doesn't think a suggestion is AT ALL important, then they can communicate this by simply not voting FOR it, unless there's a concept of a negative vote like Reddit's downvotes feature but if that's what 'not at all' important means this needs to be made clear.

Worded as it is, not at all important sounds to me like I'm actively discouraging the adoption of a feature request that has been so-tagged by me as opposed to encouraging it, but to a lesser degree than things…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wacom is buggy

Wacom tablets are still not fully compatible with premiere pro. I've moved over from using Avid for many years and this is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. Something as simple as changing sequence tabs causes sticking and the tabs to act erratically. Changing keyframes in timeline causes unexpected behaviour with the values going crazy, flashing and locking up for a few seconds. This is very basic level stuff and I can hardly believe I have to make a bug report about this. Is no one using a wacom as a pointer or is Adobe too caught up coming…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Productions - Every project opens in Icon View

In the latest version 22.6.2 B2 every time I open a project it opens in icon view. Once I switch to list view it operates as normal but the second it is closed and re opened it is in list view. Would be nice to have a option of default bin layouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BUG: Cmd + M no longer works to export media

As above, the Cmd + M shortcut to export is no longer working.
    I also find that often clicking File > Export > Media doesn't do anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Source Monitors

Would be very useful to have the ability to open multiple Source Monitors, with the ability to:
    Gang together two Source Monitors;
    Open multiple Timelines in different Source Monitors;
    Open multiple clips/footage in multiple Source Monitors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base