Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eyeballs and Locks toggle similar to After Effects

Make the track locks and visibility similar to After Effects, so if I want to lock or turn off the visibility of several tracks I simply click and drag across all the eyeballs or locks to turn them off or lock them rather than clicking them one by one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The frame count while rendering previews is inaccurate

This has been an issue for as long as I've used Premiere, so several years at least.

When rendering previews, Premiere describes the progress as "rendering frame _ of _". This progress is completely inaccurate. It appears what premiere is doing is assuming every preview it's rendering is the same number of frames. So if I have 100 previews, and it completes 99 of them, the frame number reported here will ALWAYS be 99% of the total number of frames.

This is obviously a major problem when the previews have significantly different lengths. For example, I have a long movie,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make multiple Project/Bin windows Independent of one another

When multiple project windows are open (e.g. having multiple bins open for easy access to files in different bins), the project windows aren't independent of one another. If working in one project window and trying to navigate to a certain bin but the other window has the target bin open, the current project window will not navigate to that bin and will instead direct me to the other project window. I am then stuck and can't direct the current project window anywhere in any higher levels of the project without deliberately pointing the second window to a different bin on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When playing the sequence and timeline marker is out of immediate view, clicking to get in view sends me away

This is a recent change since update 22, usually I am focusing on one part of an edit but then maybe i want to hit Enter to pre-render the red clips or I want to hit Render Audio to show my nested audio waveforms.
    When the elements are rendered the sequence begins playing, so I would click the timeline marker back to where i am, which usually pauses the edit, bringing the marker back into my small focused area on the timeline.

However! since the recent 22 update, now this action throws me back to the beginning where the timeline…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Timeline plays back wrong file after adjusting scaling and position

PLEASE STOP BREAKING PREMIERE BY ADDING FEATURES.

All I want is to be able to edit without issues, and play back the timeline at double speed. You keep changing the interface and adding features, please for the love of humanity just make Premiere stable.

I just updated to the latest version, and not only have you NOT fixed the timeline playback issue where playing at high speed causes the timeline to freeze all video and keep playing audio, you've now added a new wrinkle.

If I adjust the scale and position of a clip in the timeline, then go to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 22.3.1 (Build 2) not looking at LUTs folder

LUTs are supposed to be read from %AppData%\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
    They were before the update, they no longer are looked at.

It's also pretty dumb that you can't change the location. I don't see any reason it shouldn't be your creative cloud folder so you could share them more easily with your team. ALSO, why in the World does AE, AME, and Premiere have different LUTs folders when they include the same LUTs? I don't even want 2/3 of them, but since you people put them in the program folder I can't change them due to permissions. Of course, that would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A better "Consolidate Duplicates"

I wish we had preferences for the behaviour of "consolidate duplicates", similar as for linking material.

-Options for identifiers: possibility to take proxies and audio mapping out of the equation.

-Specific warnings for mismatch of proxies, media interpretation or audio mapping. Possibility to override,

-Options for prioritizing witch instances gets deleted. Like hierarchy, number of use, or AI

Thanks

-Anders

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Email notifications for team project changes

Team project updates are only displayed in the creative cloud op/ OS notifications. I’d like a feed of these notifications via email or elsewhere outside of creative cloud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Active Response in Timeline (while dragging clips)

I used to be able to zoom in and out of the timeline display (plus and minus keyboard shortcuts) as well as activate and deactivate snapping (s keyboard shortcut) while I was holding and dragging clips. This is extremely useful for placing clips.

I can no longer do this?

R.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead Defaults

"Selection Follows Playhead" always defaults to "on" upon launch. It should reflect the last state in the app or the project (I always turn it off).

Any time after using the Lumetri panel, the "selection follows playhead" is turned on (regardless if it has been turned on or not). It should not automatically turn on, or if it is so desired for use with Lumetri, it should revert to user setting when moving outside the Lumetri panel.

R.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Convert to Paragraph Text" like in After Effects

There currently seems to be no way of converting standard text in PPro to Paragraph text, like I can in AE using "Convert to Paragraph Text". Could this be implemented, please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to enter full screen on playback and revert on stop

The idea is that there would be an option that when enabled would cause full screen playback to happen every time the play button is pressed (either for the source or program monitor depending on context). When playback is stopped the layout would revert. Essentially an auto "Toggle Maximize Monitor" mode.

This is not a feature intended to be used always, but when doing a final polish pass I like to view my sequence full screen and then stop to make changes. Toggling maximize monitor off and on just creates a lot of extra button presses during this workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ふざけるな

自動保存の際にフリーズし、データが飛ぶ。
    設定を変えようにも設定関係どこをクリックしてもフリーズする。
    いつになったら解消するのか。
    1円の価値もない。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add notes to video or audio track

Please add a function to be able to add a note to an audio or video track. This would allow the team to note different alt versions for tracks - example.. lower thirds sample versions where one track has V1 and the next track above has V2 and we can place a note in each track as to explanation etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Media screen is blurry

Export Media screen is blurry since the update to 22.3. (Also Media Encoder 22.3 freezes mid-way through encoding.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Log Options Floating Window

The "Log Options" floating window randomly pops up. I've attached file 01 to show what it looks like and file 02 after I opened it up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Global fx mute that also affects export

Need ability to turn temporarily turn off Lumetri (or perhaps all effects?) for export. Then turn them back on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better context awareness for custom keyboard settings

The default setting for "alt left" in the timeline is to nudge a clip left. This is supposed to override the application shortcut "trim left", but Premiere will still trim if the timeline is in focus and an edit is selected rather than a clip.

But if I change the default functionality from nudge to slide I lose this context awareness. Now the program will defer to my new setting regardless if a clip or edit is selected. Please change this. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Close Panel Shortcut

After a recent update, I'm no longer able to close my current bin with the short cut ⌘+W. I've looked in the Keyboard Shortcut menu and it's not an option anywhere. This was super helpful and now instead I have to go into the dropdown menu for each bin that I want to close. Please add this feature back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delay Auto Save When "Playhead Position" Box is Active

Sometimes when you select clips and begin typing a timecode on the keypad to nudge them in the timeline, auto save will happen to kick in. When it does, Premiere loses the context of the command you were doing. You can be in the middle of typing a timecode and suddenly strange things are happening to your footage (if like me you have commands mapped to the keypad). While I would love background auto saves, I would settle for a simple delay when you are typing in timecode in the "Playhead Position" box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base