Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A permanent "watermark" indication of 0db on audio tracks

The recent update of the 0db position has been a slight learning curve and now its quite intuitive however a further help would be a permanent indication of 0db (could just be a grey line, dashed line etc...). This could also provide functionality to "snap" back to 0db.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expanding Audio and Video Tracks

Hey,

I am getting really mad!

there is a difference in how I expand the Video and the Audio Track!
    How am I supposed to learn this if they differ?
    I thought that I am stupid until I found out today that its by design.
    So can you pls tell me why there is a different behaviour in something I would assume that it is the same?
    Those are both element of the timeline.
    So they should behave like that
    If I want to scale the Video track this should work the same way like the audio tracks .... but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Offer Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Premiere Pro CC 2018, 2019, and 2020 all suck on my newest computer. You should offer 2017 again. I have it on my other new computer and it works perfectly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dragging deleted audio from cut clips back into a sequence

Everyone has long clips they cut into shorter clips, and sometimes the audio they used is deleted, and on occasion needs to be readded. It would be nice if you could double click the video, then in left timecode area, drag deleted audio or replace deleted audio back into the sequence in correspondence to the cut-down clip. That way one doesn't have to go find the spot in the footage again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow forward/back button (mouse) functionality in link media/ attach proxies windows

For editors that use programable buttons on mice, this function would be very useful. Could also be implemented in bin navigation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make more metadata columns the same type as "Description," "Log Comment/Note".

I'm working on a feature and have been encountering an issue where if I have to replace the media that I'm working with, I lose all the metadata from the "Script" tab (i.e. "Scene Setting," "Time of Day", "Camera Angle"). These are necessary bits of information that I need in order to cut the film, and if there's a problem down the road where I need to replace the original media files (i.e. if a LUT was accidentally applied via Resolve and I need to re-export and replace that media), I lose all of that data. I've played with every…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Find and select" in the timeline in area of work

It would be great if you could "find and select" clips withing an area of work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Revision Checklist Feature

Wouldn't it be fun if Premiere had a checklist feature for revisions that sends you a reminder prompt before exporting? I always end up exporting multiple drafts because I forget to make one or two changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

• Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

• When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

• When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: "Import previous settings and preferences" not working.

When updating to Premiere Pro 14.0 and checking "Import previous settings and preferences", the settings including workspaces and keyboard shortcuts from Premiere 13.0 do not transfer.

Transferring settings via "Sync Settings Now" and manually copying settings from the 13.0 to 14.0 program file folders also doesn't work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove default clip colors

I would like the clip colors to default to none. Then I can add my own as needed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Just start subtitles again

Every time I use the subtitle tool I encounter a new issue, clearly this feature hasn't had much testing, with multiple forums posts showing many users experiencing the same difficulties:

Export options disappearing (solution: roll-back to an obsolete version of premiere)

Title tracks not updating in timeline despite being updated in the subtitle tool (solution: edit the set file externally)

Not being able to export baked-in captions through media encoder (apparently fixed but I still have this issue)

Free subtitle software, and even the free version of DaVinci Resolve makes subtitling far, far easier, so why not just start again…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello Can we have color labels on different time lines, please?

Hello i would like to be able to decide to give color labels to the name of the time lines to spot them quickly.... like when i have different versions of the same video.. thank you,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep a consistent name for the apps. It is impossible to discern what app you are removing updating in the creative cloud app

The creative cloud app list the actual version number and not the app name, ie v12.5 vs CC 2019

For studios who have to keep a lot of versions running for production reasons, it is really hard to have to update one version to be able to interact with a specific version of AE or media encoder.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Format right-click menus to similar order Premiere 2020

The right-click menus in the timeline and the project bin have some similar buttons, but the order is wildly different. Can you please keep similar buttons in the same location?

There's no reason why 'Reveal in Finder' is at the upper half of one menu and at the bottom of the other. We waste time looking for the same functions because they're not intuitively ordered.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Middle button to move around the timeline

Why does that not work anymore?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. shortcuts

Shortcuts "Display" pls

Hey can we be consistent?

Why some of the shortcuts I entered on the keyboard are displayed and other shortcuts don't show up ?

Reveal Sequence in Project (very important)
    Why am I not allowed to see the shortcut?

Export Media via the file export menu is labeled as cmd M
    But in the second mouse menu the shortcut disappears, why?

I am leaning the shortcuts while editing (do you to?) but if I
    have to enter every time the keyboard shortcuts menu it is a step more.

What do you think?
    Are you also curious what…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base