Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to switch off multiple projects in premiere pro

Please allow us to switch off open Multiple projects. It is creating issues with editing across our pipeline.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the UI. Fix the bugs. Fix the help. Or make it free like other apps of similar quality.

Disgusting waste of my time ... need to vent ... Adobe take money and return nothing ... and this is their idea of support!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Active window after duplicating in project windows

It would be great if the media/sequence/etc that you duplicate in a bin automatically becomes active for renaming. Right now, if the bin you're working in isn't in your main project window (but instead on a different panel), when you duplicate and then click enter (to rename what you just duplicated) premiere jumps you back to whatever is at the top of your project window. What makes this even more infuriating is that whatever you duplicated is highlighted as if this is going to work, but it still jumps back to the main project window. This seems like such an…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unify the interface and feature sets

Premiere Pro has so many features and panels that us pro users have grown accustomed to, but there is so much room for improvement with how it is all layed out and I believe soon Premiere is in need of a major UI overhaul as more features are added in a very band-aid like fashion.

My biggest problem areas are...
    - Essential Panels: While they bring some many needed features to premiere, it basically splits your control of paramters to various different panels. You got the Essential Graphics panel, where you can modify many features of a graphic, and the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Team messaging

Add team messaging capabilities for team members working on the same project. Would be great to share notes and updates back and forth or share links to templates, music, etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Source Monitor - Audio waveform Zoom To All

A function which works in the same as Zoom To Sequence works, but for Audio Waveforms in the Source Monitor.

So once you've zoomed into a piece of audio in the source you can hit one shortcut to preview the entirety of the clip.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Duplicating Sequence Resets Compressor Settings in Audio Track Mixer

I just encountered a quirk in Premiere Pro 12.1.2. I had to go back and revise some videos in which I had used a multi band compressor in the mixer on tracks 1 and 2. I duplicated the sequences to save my old versions, and when I opened up the new versions it reset all the settings in the compressor. I typically use the Broadcast preset, and for some reason it just reset back to default, effectively applying no effect at all. On one interview I had boosted the output gain a bit, and it reset the gain back to…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search drive for files

It would be Really cool if instead of desperately trying to remember what the name of file 0000234DSC.MP4. It would be very nice to have an option when re-linking media that said "Search Drive for files."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expand the UI brightness options

I just saw the IBC 2018 reveal video from Jason Levine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_61x5aC1o4&t=3925s

and I was intrigued by how nicely black the interface is (caused by Wirecast's livestreaming contrast settings, apparently). It makes everything look much more focused.

The lowest brightness setting in the preferences is still in a pretty bright grey area. Why not black?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Timeline scrubbing broken when project window is active while importing some clips or images

With the latest build from this 1.21 branch, I've noticed that importing some clips to project window or straight to timeline messes up the timeline scrubbing indicator WHEN the project window is activated.

Once I activate any other windows such as media browser or effects, it starts to work again. I have never noticed this before, so is this a bug or have been doing something wrong previously. It doesn't happen with all the clips, so it's pretty random.

Here's a screen capture video which illustrates the bug: https://youtu.be/x8fZT4N2AVY

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a button for multicam that changes the shade of the clip label based on camera angle

Often times when editing with multicam I'd like to read my timeline to make sure I don't have two of the same camera back to back. A quick trick would be to duplicate the edit layer up a track, flatten it and make sure my A-Cam is one label and my B-Cam is another label, but it would be especially nice if we could have a toggle to turn on/off similar to Show Duplicate Frame Markers or Show Through Edits that would slightly shade MC1 clips, MC2 clips, and so on, with a cycle of label colors so that we…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Premiere Pro - REQUEST: IMPROVE "metadata" command. Fix / extend better functionality!

Please ADD new metadata value "VIDEO RESOLUTION ASPECT RATION", so I can easily see if it is 16:10 or 16:9 or whatever else might be. When I create a proxy for my high-resolution 4K videos, I need to select the proper INGEST proxy, otherwise, it looks weird and wrong.

Also, ADD all these metadata options, from "project panel" to the "media browser", so I can easily filter and import just the right media that I need. Also if possible I would love to assign INGEST proxy based on aspect ration automatically.

Last but not least, is it possible to add…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allowing "Open in Timeline" for Merged Clip

Please can you one for all put back the possibility to open Merged Clip in Timeline with CTRL/CMD+Double Click !!!
    I'm using PRP 12.1.2 (B69) and it's suppose to be back with a new shortcut (SHIFT+Double Click) but it's still don't work.
    Just Ungray the function "Edit in Timeline" when we Right Click on it. It's so important so please repair this mistake.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow an easy option to change the UI font size. It's now a bit difficult with my older eyes.

Please allow an easy option to change the UI font size. It's now a bit difficult with my older eyes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Zooming and management of image in the Program monitor, do the like in After effects. That is, the mouse roller.

Very infuriating!!

Zooming and management of image in the Program monitor, do the like in After effects. That is, the mouse roller.

And instead of percent at the bottom to leave only the Fit button

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the IU problems

When I'm working, after a while my source window bug out and the play bar mess out, the only way to fix it is to reload Premiere.
    Also, sometimes when I start my project, my search bar won't work, I must restart too.
    This is really anoying because this appears often.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortcuts only work when certain window is selected. This didn't use to be the case.

None of my Timeline-focused keyboard shortcuts work any longer unless the focus is on the timeline window. I can't, for example, in the Source window, set an in and out, and use the Go to Next Edit Point or Previous Edit Point shortcut unless I use the mouse to click on the Timeline window.

Conversely, I can't use Insert/Overwrite unless the focus is on the Source window. This didn't used to be the case, and is maddening. It significantly slows my workflow. Strangely, this seems to only be the case most of the time. Sometimes it does work.

Conversely, sometimes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Vous devriez arrêter de coder avec vos pieds ...

Je vous propose d’essayer de coder avec vos mains. Cela vous permettra de mieux appuyer sur le clavier de votre ordinateur et pourquoi pas un jour … (laissez-moi rêver) le menu de Adobe Premiere Pro Fonctionnera correctement.
    Imaginez un menu ou on cliquerait sur effet et paf… on arriverait dans le menu des effets !!!
    On clique sur montage et paf on est dans le montage …
    On exporte son projet et paf … Adobe Premiere a rencontré un problème et doit arrêter… (oui il faut pas trop rêver non plus) … Ah ! (GIF Denis Brogniart) il serait peut…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base