Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attaching proxies shouldn't open the file directory to the full res media location

When attaching proxies, the media directory defaults to the location of the raw full res media, personally I'd prefer to see this do nothing. It's too easy to think Premiere has located the proxy media and go and attach the full res media as proxies.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a keyboard shortcut to lock layers

Have a keyboard shortcut to lock the layer that the mouse is hovering over, and another for locking all layers underneath the mouse, or make cutting and pasting not overwrite layers

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give all tools the ability to select multiple clips

These tools could all have the added ability of selecting clips, other tools do (some selecting cuts and ends of clips):

Rate stretch tool
    Razor tool
    Slip and slide tools

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Gaussian blur repeat edges should be on by default

Can't think of when I'd not want edge pixels repeated but for most usecases I'm turning this option on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Forward/back media directory buttons that actually work

Am I the only one that often finds the navigation buttons not working when trying to navigate while attaching or linking proxies or full res media?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the default Proxy settings user-friendly.

When you right click a clip and create proxies, Premiere should be smart enough to recommend a good proxy codec and resolution every time, by default. The current default is 1024x540 H.264 proxies which makes zero sense. The average user is working with 16x9 footage which means that their proxies will be stretched after encoding unless they catch it.

A better default would be 1280x720 Prores Proxy clips, but it would be even better if Premiere was smart enough to dynamically change resolutions to match the footage.

This seems pretty simple technically speaking, it's amazing to me that the software…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding more than 6 items breaks the User Interface (PLEASE HELP)

Please excuse my terminology as I am still new to Premiere Pro. I'm using Premiere 14.2.0 (Build 47)

This isn't an idea but is a problem I am having with my Adobe Premiere Pro. I've been searching online to try and find a solution; however, I cannot find anything.

When I create a new project in Premiere, the user interface works fine. I'm able to use everything normally; however, after importing the 7th item to the project, the user interface will not work as it should.

For example, I can use the blue timeline scroller by clicking and dragging it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Marker Upgrade

When you place makers on a clip in the source viewer it would be great if there were a way to see in the 'Project' window or the clip's associated bin, that the clip contained a marker. Additionally if you placed multiple markers on a clip, there would be a drop down triangle next to the clip - when viewed in its bin - that when clicked revealed all of that clip's applied markers, and double-clicking one took you to the marker location in the source window.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy Keyframing within Timeline

Please make Keyframing any property within timeline itself. The way premiere now made by adding keyframes from effects Control panel is distracting and painful. Make it like after effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can we get a shortcut key for audio match

Just need a audio match to be a shortcut, and the other essential sound effects

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Marker editing dialog box should remember its last position on screen

For bigger screens and a lot of work with markers it's extremely annoying that the window always jumps back to the top left corner

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The software doesn't answer to the keyboard commands.

I didn't change or add any shortcut. It just doesn't work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Timeline empty space

Is there a way to remove the empty space below the audio layers on the timeline?

When you drag upwards to extend the timeline so you can see video layers, it first gives you lots of blank space below which is completely unnecessary.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project.

Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project. We need a thumbnail cashe in the project folder next to the autosave folder, or something similar. To make matters worse, the thumbnails will only load when you scroll down to a section of the bin with no thumbnails generated yet. It substantially slows down program when generating. This reloading costs me about 20 minutes a day (8 hour work day).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Low vision professionals

I’m writing to remind the developers at Adobe that many professionals who use their applications are low vision. I would love to see Adobe take this into account and find ways to make their user interfaces adjustable for those of us who cannot see as well as we would like.

To wit: I have been especially frustrated with Premiere Pro 2020 (on a Mac), because I cannot change the color or size of the font used in the UI (it is currently tiny and pale gray, rather than brighter, easier to read white), nor can I change the “theme” of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem found with the Learn Tutorial within Premiere 2020

On the tutorial for “Adding a Title to A Sequence” in the learning tutorials, when you are instructed to move the Basic Title to the Timeline panel, it won’t move. I finally clicked on the star and it turned blue and THEN I could move the Basic Title to the timeline

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sorting Thumbnails in Media Browser

If there is a specific reason for sorting files by the first numeral, that’s fine. But at least give the rest of us the ability to sort by Logical Numerical order [As found in the List View].

Current behavior:
    3-4-20
    3-5-20
    8-18

Expected behavior [In List View & Project View]:
    3-4-20
    3-5-20
    8-18

This will keep my Daily video captures at the top of the window, above my Yearly Folders, and I won’t have to scroll to a different spot in the middle of the view every time…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UI Scaling on Windows

Please make the UI Adjustable on windows. ON a 4k monitor it is very difficult to see the UI and small controls such as motion and effects control. I have seen that there you can change UI text size with ADOBECLEANFONTSIZE but I have found this makes my program very unstable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make in/out markers on timeline more useful and aid productivity

Two things I'd love to be able to do with In/Out markers on the timeline:

1) Select all clips on all layers between In/Out
    2) Add marker spanning length of In/Out points.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add dictionary for Pr & Ae

Please add a spell checker and dictionary for edit text (tittle)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base