Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Speed/duration information while rate stretching

Its great that the rate stretch tool displays edit and duration information but there is no live visual display of the effect the rate stretch edit is making on the clip speed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. metadatas r3d : being able to see original shooting frame rate in Premiere for slow moiton shots

I work at the moment with a lot of various slow motion footage (r3d), in an 25fps project, and when I want to know the original shooting frame rate of a shot, the RED matadatas don't appear in Premiere. I have to reveal in Finder avec open it with RED player to have thoses metadatas.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track targeting leads to accidental deletes

Whenever I toggle a track target, it seems to 'select' every clip on that track. Even when nothing is selected. This is a catastrophic pain in the neck!
    If I accidentally hit the delete key, it deletes EVERYTHING on that track! Who would ever want that function?! This has happened multiple times to multiple editors I worked with, and it seems like a very horrible idea.

Please fix it so that track targeting doesn't 'select' every clip on that track.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love to be able to assign a label color to an entire track like you can do in Avid

being able to assign a label color to individual tracks would be a great help. its something you have been able to do in Avid since day 1 and its a great way to organize tracks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix reliability of In/Out ripple delete, and In/Out Copy Pating

As a user that is coming from Avid, I find the functions that works with In/Out markers to be very unreliable.

I don't know why it happens, but copy pasting using In/Outs work only half of the time. The other half of the time, the material selected doesn't populate the clipboard. The consequence is when I paste, I end up pasting the previous, sometimes quite old, clipboard content. Even if I make sure to De-select All, and try slowly many time, it simply refuses to copy. The only way I can get to copy to work is foregoing the In/Outs…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Part Sequence and Delete with Ripple

At this moment i worked on a very long project and i have to split the entire project into pieces.

My workflow is:
    Find the correct place to cut -> cut -> select left side -> create sub sequence -> select left side again (because window lost focus) -> shift-delete (ripple cut) -> goto 1

It would be amazing to have a function for it, right under "sub sequence" ... maybe "create subsequence and delete"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fixed Configurable Zoom Buttons

The Tools Menu (on the left side) have enough space to add some cool Buttons.

Create a free configurable Timeline Zoom based on Minutes Buttons.

Maybe in Configure Menu you can create a Zoom Button and enter let say 20 Minutes. And a new Tool Button appears in the Tools Menus.

Anytime you click on this Zoom Button the Timeline will scale to 20 Minutes.

The user can add as many Zoom Buttons he like

To make it visible display the Scaling Minutes in the Button it self. Maybe a magnify mit "10" inside, that signals Zoom of 10 Minutes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase Scrollbar Size

Increase the Scrollbar and Scrollbar Handles.
    Make it seamless configurable from minimum to let say 16 or 32 pixels.

The GUI is fine, but in 4k the scrollbars are incredible small and they can not hit with the mouse anymore, even on a 30" monitor it need very good aiming

It would be super helpful by scaling scrollbars and maybe icons seamless until the user is happy

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report Premiere pro 2020

Bug Report Premiere pro 2020

I am truly truly amazed at how much this program has messed up workflows and projects without me initiating anything. I have been tolerating the bugs for too long and I hope Adobe can resolve these issues NOW.

• The captioning interfaces are just so bad. I will disregard the lack of functionality. The most recent mess up is premiere combining all my caption text together. I have no idea why or how premiere is able to initiate a command like this without me doing anything. Please please fix this bug. It is the most frustrating…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to set custom metadata displays to default

Every time I make a new bin, I have to change the metadata display to my custom setting. It would be wonderful to be able to set my custom setting as the default setting so I could skip this step, as it becomes tiresome when setting up a new project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to change highlight color of selected bins

As you can see on the attached image. Very hard to read names of bins when using the bright interface in premiere. This is a huge bummer. I love the brighter interface but It's impossible to work like this.

Would also be nice to be able to make interface even brighter as in Avid.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete All Empty Tracks

It would be great to have a "Delete All Empty Tracks" from the right mouse click menu on the timeline, just as Da Vinci Resolve does - instead of having to right click, delete tracks..., check video box, check audio box. I use this all the time and it should be a one click thing instead of a 5 click thing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatic Active Window Zoom

It would be cool if whatever window was active would automatically get larger (this could be a customizable setting by what percentage than inactive larger (zoom to 150% the inactive size). Or scale to fit whatever the total size of the application canvas is (preserving existing aspect ratio). This would be a great feature for editors that are forced to edit from home on smaller screens than they're used to. (You could call it "Pandemic Mode." :) to soon?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. language switch

dear sir or madam,

although I live in Canada, that is why my billing address is Canada. But I need a Chinese version of Adobe Pr, since I need more Chinese writing style on the video. After set up, my Pr was automatically as English version. How could I switch to a Chinese version of Pr?
    my address is daphne.****.an.2012@gmail.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MULTICAM sync processing produces multiples videos and audio tracks

When launching an automatic audio sync on rushes from 2 cameras labeled as 2 cam (cam1 and cam2) premiere organizes the results in as many tracks as rushes. It is a long waste of time to have to rearrange the tracks in 2 singles ones representing each cameras.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Problema con Monitor Source

Sto riscontrando un grande problema con Adobe Premiere Pro CC (utilizzo l'ultima versione, ovvero la 14.0.4).
    Quando apro una clip nel Monitor Source per tagliarla e poi successivamente chiudo la clip dal Monitor Source, quando cambio spazio di lavoro o ingrandisco la finestra a schermo intero (Monitor Source), ricompare un fotogramma della clip appena chiusa, nonostante questa sia stata chiusa dal precedentemente. In alto c'è scritto che nel Monitor Source non è presente alcuna clip aperta, ma nonostante questo compare un fotogramma della clip. Allego un file per capire meglio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Distortion when zooming in on MacBook Pro 16

I have a new MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB. In Premiere (and partially in AfterEffects too) I get a totally distorted preview pane with every zoom level (50%, 100%, 200%,...) except for "fit". Is anyone else experiencing this bug? Is there a workaround?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base