Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change the color label behavior to affect all instances of a clip, project-wide

I would find it useful if changing the color label of a master clip or subclip in the Project window would affect instances of that clip in sequences. Color labels in Media Composer work this way. I use it to see how much "screen time" a particular interview is getting.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for Sidecar macOS Catalina

As Apple introduce the new sidecar feature with macOS Catalina, they already add support for their editing software Final Cut Pro X.

The way they handle it is just as good as they sell it, just another screen with touch capability with Apple Pencil with the help of an iPad.

I think this feature can be great to be integrated like they did on FCPX, the ability to use sidecar as a playback viewer or even more. In the case of Premiere Pro, I think being able to get one panel into sidecar could be huge. Let's take an example…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Space bar should not tick and untick effects toggles in effect controls panel

After toggling the check box of a specific effect, hitting space should begin playback, not uncheck the box again

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Premiere easier to use with a pen and tablet

Many of us use a pen and tablet instead of a mouse to help with hand/finger strain or carpal tunnel. But Premiere is not very easy to use with a pan - dragging very small scroll bars is awkward, and the interface is very prone to an accidental drag. Perhaps you could provide options?

1) Add a feature to lock a Workspace once set - just a toggle.
    2) Add a toggle to enable larger scroll 'elevators'/arrows/scrollbars
    3) Add a 'Scroll with drag' on/off toggle button. Once activated, you can drag-scroll a bin's contents anywhere on the screen without selecting…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. low level device controller after your recent update. I need to finish video fix this!!!!

low level device controller after your recent update. I need to finish video fix this!!!! I am at a dead line shouldn't have update anything

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 'Ignore Folder' option when relinking media

I performed a preliminary grade on my footage before starting the edit, and whilst the grade was rendering I began the edit with my source footage. Now that the grade is complete, I'd like to relink all the source footage to the graded proxies. I've made all the footage offline, then gone to relink it, bringing up the media browser where 'Relink Others Automatically' should help me quickly do the job.

The problem is, the automatic search is defaulting to the old filepaths. I've 100 or so clips and I manually select the location for the first (a graded proxy…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Select all clips forward/backward key command (not change cursor type, actually select)

I want an assignable or default key command that will simply select all the clips forward/backward from current position of the playhead in a single keystroke and not require the use of the mouse at all. This would be immensely helpful.

While There are already tools in the toolbar that will change the cursor to a 'select all tracks forward/backward' tool which can be selected from the toolbar, you have to use this tool by moving the cursor back from the toolbar to the part of the timeline from which you want all clips thereafter selected. You can assign those…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix your customer service! Adobe used to be a great company. I'm having to post this on a landing page, rather than a human. Case and point.

Fix your customer service! Adobe used to be a great company. The fact that I'm having to post this message on a landing page, rather than with a human is case and point. Premiere Pro is incredibly slow. With each update the tendency to crash increases.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve font lists in EGP and ECP

1) FAVORITE STYLES: Users should be able to star individual styles within a font family, in which case any stared styles would appear in the list of favorites (see pic 1). When twirling open the font family to reveal all of its styles, users should be able to star additional styles right from the Favorites list.

2) LONGER FONT LISTS: Font list are limited to 16 visible entries, making poor use of available screen real-estate. The list of font styles, on the other hand, extends as much as needed to show all styles at the same time (51 in the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More progress details on any task, so we can identify what PPro gets stuck on.

This is a general UI comment. If all we see is a progress bar, then any process that gets stuck... we do not know why.

Currently I'm trying to import a 2019 project into PPro 2020 14.3.1 and it is stopping mid-way (CPU drops to nothing, seems no resource is bottlenecking).

I'd love to solve my-little-no-work-for-you-Gord problem, but I'd REALLY love for Adobe to ALWAYS offer supplementary info on any progress bar indicating what is happening at that moment.

Adobe has done this before... they've added details to particular progress bars I've groveled for. I forget which at the moment,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ctrl+scroll wheel resizing of icons in Project window and Image in Source/Program monitors

The Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel combination is commonly used for changing the size of things: icons on a Windows 10 desktop, text & elements in a browser, as well as for cycling through viewing modes in any Windows 10 folder.

It would be wonderful if the same combo could also be used to change the size of things in Premiere:

PROJECT WINDOW: Icons in Premiere's Project window could be resized as follows:

Ctrl+Scroll wheel up: List view (min icon size) > Icons increase to max size > auto switch to Icon view (min Icon size) > Icon increase to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After typing into the search field of the effects panel, keep the folders structure from before opened

When I've opened several folder paths to effects in the effects panel and I wanna quickly search for another effects the whole structure I've opened before is dismissed which leads to me opening every folder again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import multiple DynamicLink items

Copied from my tweet, plus multiple people have already suggested it. Please please, when will you let use import multiple DynamicLink items, from AE to Premiere, its one of the most annoying and time consuming things to import one by one!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HAVE FAVORITE FOLDER ACTUALLY UPDATE IN FAVORITES

I often use the FAVORITES category in the Media Browser to put the folder of my current project right at my fingertips.

Imagine my surprise when I find that the contents of folders in the Favorites do not refresh! Let me show you...

First, a picture of the contents of a folder (ALL 20005) as displayed in the Favorites:

Second, a picture of that same folder, when selected under "local drives" in the Media Browser. NOTE THAT the voiceover file I just copied into the folder is NOT reflected in the Favorites display. This is not right.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eyedropper tool UI issue - cursor does not change icon when eyedropper selected

When using the eyedropper tool, like in Essential Graphics to color pick a text layer, when you select the eyedropper the cursor appears to be the selection tool. This makes most users click again, but in clicking again it simply selects the random gray color they mouse is over in the panel. After repeated clicking and misclicking and more clicking, eventually you realize "oh... it was the eyedropper, it just didn't change the icon." I think this is just a UI issue, once you select an eyedropper, your cursor should immediately become an eyedropper selector so you know the next…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More efficient metadata...yes, like Avid.

Make the metadata work more like Avid.
    1. Allow for batch entering of clip info for metadata fields. Example, say I have 12 files. I want to label al with Scene 2. I can update all 12 files at once to scene 2 and not individually.

1. Say you have a sub clip of a file that already has metadata, it automatically brings in all of that clip data with it. Also, if you update either the sub clip or the source of that sub clip the metadata is linked. So if you update it in one, it updates it is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ¿POR QUÉ SE ME CIERRA EL PROYECTO POR LA CARA Y SE ME BORRA TODO DESPUÉS DE 3 HORAS GUARDANDOLO?

¿POR QUÉ SE ME CIERRA EL PROYECTO POR LA CARA Y SE ME BORRA TODO DESPUÉS DE 3 HORAS GUARDANDOLO?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simply shift Video/Audio track up or down in the timeline stack

I want to be able to grab V1 and move it to where V3 is, so that it's above the other footage on V2.
    Or grab A6 and pull it up to A2, Making old A6 now A2, and previous A2 is now A3.

Currently (as far as I know) you have to highlight all the clips on the track and nudge them up when highlighted.
    2 problems can occur, if you bump up and land on the track above it will overwrite the clips above, or if you unlink the audio/video you may misalign sound from video, or may…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ENHANCEMENT: New Bin Encloses Selection

In After Effects, when you have multiple assets selected and select New Bin, the selection is placed in the new bin.

It's a fantastic time-saver when you're sorting assets, and it would be lovely for Premiere to match that behavior.

Behavior:
    1. Select a set of clips you'd like to bin.
    2. Press New Bin.
    Result: When the New Bin is created, the selection is moved inside the bin (if the selection is more than one clip)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base