Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Export Panel

If I create my own Workspace and undock all the panels I need I completely cover the Export Panel. I should be able to undock the latter too

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to do maths in the number boxes, like in most other Adobe apps

I do maths in the input number boxes in After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator all the time (eg. something's scale is 317%, I want it half that, so I type "/2"). It seems weird that PPro cannot do this, and I have to use a calculator to work stuff out. Could we please have this ability?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The redesigned New Project window is awful

It's laggy. The location dropdown is laggy, the folder navigation is laggy, takes ages to load folders. Nothing about it is an improvement on the old one, and nothing about it is better than just being able to easily hunt through folders in finder to select the project location instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Smaller welcome window

Hi, there is weird behavior that welcome window in every adobe is bigger than maximised app itself. I have 4k display and this is really annoying how big it is.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get rid of the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT workaround

Hello,

I think everyone can agree that the color and gamma should be correct no matter what when exporting.

Please get rid of the need to export with the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT to get correct colors.

Maybe theres other reasons why this LUT needs to be used, and thats okay. But Maybe there should be a check box or just an automatic feature that makes the colors correct on export! I think the idea here is less clicks and less workarounds. Everything should just work without thinking about it.

Not everyone knows about this LUT workaround, so I feel…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The glaring issues with the Export Panel

The need Export panel is a massive PITA . Here's a just a FEW of the reasons why. There are many more .... but let's start here -

This is really BASIC UI/UX stuff. The flow of the new UI is utterly baffling. The old UI hand ALL the settings one side. The SAME side as the export button. So it flowed from the top the bottom.The new UI starts on the upper left and moves across then down then across again. Coupled with the fact the window is not resizeable or moveable make this design decision utterly baffling.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search free adobe stock content in Premiere

Currently the Adobe Stock library does not have a filter to show only free content. There seems to be one in the graphics panel (a tick box), but not for the search in libraries.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give us the ability to move the new Import and Export UI to a 2nd monitor

Given that the new UI takes over the entire screen, it makes more sense to dedicate one monitor for this new I/O concept, and allow my existing workspace to co-exist separately (in my case, a 2nd UHD monitor).

This would give me back the ability to see the timeline I'm exporting (which - believe it or not - assures the editor he or she is actually exporting the correct timeline).

More importantly, it prevents this new I/O window from getting in the way of the editor, and negates the need for header bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bring back the old workflow

In the newest update of Premiere Pro the workflow has completely changed! But some people have been used to the old and want it back! So please add a way to return to the old workflow! PLEASE!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Old 'New Project' Dialogue much faster - here's why

We need an option to restore the old 'New Project' Dialogue box/window, not because we don't like change but because when software replaces OS-native dialogue boxes (open, save, new, import, export etc) OS-native shortcuts no longer work.

This creates endless pointing and clicking, the enemy of production! e.g. We should be able to create a new project and navigate with little to no pointing and clicking...
    - CMD + N = New Project
    - CMD + Down Arrow goes into a folder
    - CMD + Up arrow goes up a folder
    - Typing the first few letters of a folder…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the Project Window part of "Save Changes to Existing workspace". Because it is not currently.

I like the Project window in the top left corner. I made a custom workspace set up that way and saved it, but every time I create a new project and select my custom workspace, the Project window is the only window that doesn't show up where I intend it to. It's always back in the bottom Left corner. PLEASE make the Project window location customizable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. basic text animation capability directly inside premier !

Please add some basic text animation capability directly inside premier pro. Its really annoying to depend on after effects to do the simple job ! Its taking tooooooooooo much time ! I normally making custom MOGRTS to do text animations , this method sucks ! ITS GTX 1060 6GB 48 Gig RAM ! even hitfilm or resolve does this better ! Even mobile editors are doing better ! I m not asking to make the dynamic link better , Please make the capability to animate text inside premier pro itself like blur in by character fade in by character etc…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the Window Title back to showing project path

The new update to Premiere has simplified the main window title to only show the project file name. It used to show the full path of the currently opened project file. Not sure why this was changed, but it'd be great to go back to the old way, the way After Effects still presents this.

Also, bin the new project creation panel/media export panels while you're at it. Nobody asked for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customization of New Integrated Header Bar

Please allow for customization of the new integrated Header Bar. Import & Export (along with Edit) are larger text points, but Importing & exporting are features I don't use very often except at the project start finish, plus I have fast keys assign to the functions so they are just taking up space in the header bar. Now the workspaces "tabs" are much smaller point size and smooshed together. These I use regularly as I'm switching between workspaces for quick graphics, sound or color correction fixes. So now I have three nicely space tabs with larger text (Import, Edit, Export)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. vertical display in frame.io

Frame.io only displays video in 16:9. Given that vertical video has been a thing for a few years now, it would be good if frame.io could present vertical or non-standard aspect ratio videos in their natural aspect ratio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link Media dialog box file list export

The Link Media dialog box has long needed the ability to export all that detailed information about what's missing in a more readable manner (CSV?) than by taking multiple screen shots, especially when the list is long. A vendor sent me a project file package that's missing the media. I'm sending a screen shot but one won't capture it all and two screen shots will duplicate portions of the list. Being able to send the vendor a spreadsheet file of this same information would be great. Seems like this is would be much appreciated feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base