Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What all of us are thinking

Let's be frank here what Premiere really needs is better Color algorithms similar to resolve. Also better performance with 4k. Why can Resolve edit in 4k wayy smoother without proxies better than Premiere. If Premiere will put their focus into these 2 things it will most likely render Resolve and Avid obsolete. I will never turn away from Premiere but I have been noticing that it is being left behind. If this continues Resolve will eventually completely take over.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Tracker to see how long You needed to render it final

Would love to analyze stats and to see how long I needed to finish the project. Or where I´ve been stuck to do mistakes better next time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow more than one of the same bin (aka Project panel) to be open at the same time.

Premiere now refuses to allow more than one of the same bin to be open at the same time. (It was not always this way.) I see this as a big problem.

To me, it is foundational to how a file and folder system functions, that we should be able to have open more than 1 of the same folder at a time.

It's often because you're just trying to pass through that folder on your way to another, but there are myriad other reasons for it:

The more bins a user prefers to have open simultaneously, the bigger the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sequence settings display format bug?

Hi,

I haven't seen this posted here, and I may be missing something stupid, but whenever I try to change Sequence settings, the display format only gives me the option of choosing the Frames mode. Even if I don't make any changes to the sequence, by just opening Sequence settings and clicking okay, as is, it still changes the display format to Frames and doesn't allow me to change it back in any way that I am able to see.

Anyone familiar with this, what am I missing?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve timeline waveforms to better show detail of audio content

Avid has two features that make it easier to edit audio ‘visually’
    a. The waveforms can be scaled vertically within the height of the timeline clip. Thus very quiet sections can be expanded. (PP uses linear or logarithmic scaling between ♾ and 0dBFS. Broadcast audio generally -25 to -10 so restricted to about 15% of track height)

b. The timeline waveforms in Avid are better defined, to my eye. They default to black on light grey too. For the exact same zoom I can better see where the beats are, where individual words, clicks & breaths are.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Next/Previous Sequence shortcut and Mouse Horizontal scrolling in timeline

I would like to see some of the current shortcut available in After Effects working in Premiere pro as well.

1. The equivalent function of:
      "Select Next Panel in Frame"/ "Select Previous Panel in Frame" in AE.
      This command should "Scroll" between the open sequences in the timeline or between any tab inside a selected panel.

Premiere has something similar called "Select Next/Previous Panel" which never worked for me because you jump between panels but you cannot do it between tabs - which is lot more useful in my opinion.

1. implementation of vertical/horizontal scrolling in the Timeline panel.
      Currently vertical scrolling…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please change the color label behavior to affect all instances of a clip, project-wide

I would find it useful if changing the color label of a master clip or subclip in the Project window would affect instances of that clip in sequences. Color labels in Media Composer work this way. I use it to see how much "screen time" a particular interview is getting.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add support for Sidecar macOS Catalina

As Apple introduce the new sidecar feature with macOS Catalina, they already add support for their editing software Final Cut Pro X.

The way they handle it is just as good as they sell it, just another screen with touch capability with Apple Pencil with the help of an iPad.

I think this feature can be great to be integrated like they did on FCPX, the ability to use sidecar as a playback viewer or even more. In the case of Premiere Pro, I think being able to get one panel into sidecar could be huge. Let's take an example…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Space bar should not tick and untick effects toggles in effect controls panel

After toggling the check box of a specific effect, hitting space should begin playback, not uncheck the box again

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Premiere easier to use with a pen and tablet

Many of us use a pen and tablet instead of a mouse to help with hand/finger strain or carpal tunnel. But Premiere is not very easy to use with a pan - dragging very small scroll bars is awkward, and the interface is very prone to an accidental drag. Perhaps you could provide options?

1) Add a feature to lock a Workspace once set - just a toggle.
    2) Add a toggle to enable larger scroll 'elevators'/arrows/scrollbars
    3) Add a 'Scroll with drag' on/off toggle button. Once activated, you can drag-scroll a bin's contents anywhere on the screen without selecting…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. low level device controller after your recent update. I need to finish video fix this!!!!

low level device controller after your recent update. I need to finish video fix this!!!! I am at a dead line shouldn't have update anything

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 'Ignore Folder' option when relinking media

I performed a preliminary grade on my footage before starting the edit, and whilst the grade was rendering I began the edit with my source footage. Now that the grade is complete, I'd like to relink all the source footage to the graded proxies. I've made all the footage offline, then gone to relink it, bringing up the media browser where 'Relink Others Automatically' should help me quickly do the job.

The problem is, the automatic search is defaulting to the old filepaths. I've 100 or so clips and I manually select the location for the first (a graded proxy…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select all clips forward/backward key command (not change cursor type, actually select)

I want an assignable or default key command that will simply select all the clips forward/backward from current position of the playhead in a single keystroke and not require the use of the mouse at all. This would be immensely helpful.

While There are already tools in the toolbar that will change the cursor to a 'select all tracks forward/backward' tool which can be selected from the toolbar, you have to use this tool by moving the cursor back from the toolbar to the part of the timeline from which you want all clips thereafter selected. You can assign those…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix your customer service! Adobe used to be a great company. I'm having to post this on a landing page, rather than a human. Case and point.

Fix your customer service! Adobe used to be a great company. The fact that I'm having to post this message on a landing page, rather than with a human is case and point. Premiere Pro is incredibly slow. With each update the tendency to crash increases.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. HAVE FAVORITE FOLDER ACTUALLY UPDATE IN FAVORITES

I often use the FAVORITES category in the Media Browser to put the folder of my current project right at my fingertips.

Imagine my surprise when I find that the contents of folders in the Favorites do not refresh! Let me show you...

First, a picture of the contents of a folder (ALL 20005) as displayed in the Favorites:

Second, a picture of that same folder, when selected under "local drives" in the Media Browser. NOTE THAT the voiceover file I just copied into the folder is NOT reflected in the Favorites display. This is not right.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More efficient metadata...yes, like Avid.

Make the metadata work more like Avid.
    1. Allow for batch entering of clip info for metadata fields. Example, say I have 12 files. I want to label al with Scene 2. I can update all 12 files at once to scene 2 and not individually.

1. Say you have a sub clip of a file that already has metadata, it automatically brings in all of that clip data with it. Also, if you update either the sub clip or the source of that sub clip the metadata is linked. So if you update it in one, it updates it is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Simply shift Video/Audio track up or down in the timeline stack

I want to be able to grab V1 and move it to where V3 is, so that it's above the other footage on V2.
    Or grab A6 and pull it up to A2, Making old A6 now A2, and previous A2 is now A3.

Currently (as far as I know) you have to highlight all the clips on the track and nudge them up when highlighted.
    2 problems can occur, if you bump up and land on the track above it will overwrite the clips above, or if you unlink the audio/video you may misalign sound from video, or may…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base