Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Browser should be able to view and link to UNC paths on Windows

Often organizations have more projects than available drive letters on particular Windows workstations.

It's best practice not to have to map network shares to particular drive letters, but instead to rely just on the UNC path: https://superuser.com/a/393435

However, the Media Browser within Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc. is not capable of accessing data via UNC paths.

Please allow us to access UNC paths in the Media Browser so that we're not dependent on limited Windows drive letters.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display the keyframes for multiple properties at a time within an individual clip

Allow the display of keyframes for multiple property at a time
    within an individual clip.
    Even within a single effect applied,
    if more than one property are animated,
    currently except one others will be hidden..
    It can be implemented like in AE where the effects expand downwards in the Timeline.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back support for multiple project windows

To be clear, this is all about working in a SINGLE project file.

1. Add a command in Window > Projects: New Project Window

2. "Go Back" command ("Up one level") will no longer go back all the way to a project's root level. Bring back this capability.

Since Premiere's UI has been about dockable pane workspace for ages, I don't just open new bins willy-nilly all over the screen (like the Avid way, until recently). I keep several windows/tabs docked and enjoy access to multiple bins as well as an organized workspace. Well, not anymore.

It's always been possible to have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project.

Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project. We need a thumbnail cashe in the project folder next to the autosave folder, or something similar. To make matters worse, the thumbnails will only load when you scroll down to a section of the bin with no thumbnails generated yet. It substantially slows down program when generating. This reloading costs me about 20 minutes a day (8 hour work day).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Speed/duration information while rate stretching

Its great that the rate stretch tool displays edit and duration information but there is no live visual display of the effect the rate stretch edit is making on the clip speed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brightenordarkentheinterface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Track targeting leads to accidental deletes

Whenever I toggle a track target, it seems to 'select' every clip on that track. Even when nothing is selected. This is a catastrophic pain in the neck!
    If I accidentally hit the delete key, it deletes EVERYTHING on that track! Who would ever want that function?! This has happened multiple times to multiple editors I worked with, and it seems like a very horrible idea.

Please fix it so that track targeting doesn't 'select' every clip on that track.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix reliability of In/Out ripple delete, and In/Out Copy Pating

As a user that is coming from Avid, I find the functions that works with In/Out markers to be very unreliable.

I don't know why it happens, but copy pasting using In/Outs work only half of the time. The other half of the time, the material selected doesn't populate the clipboard. The consequence is when I paste, I end up pasting the previous, sometimes quite old, clipboard content. Even if I make sure to De-select All, and try slowly many time, it simply refuses to copy. The only way I can get to copy to work is foregoing the In/Outs…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow user to set custom metadata displays to default

Every time I make a new bin, I have to change the metadata display to my custom setting. It would be wonderful to be able to set my custom setting as the default setting so I could skip this step, as it becomes tiresome when setting up a new project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete All Empty Tracks

It would be great to have a "Delete All Empty Tracks" from the right mouse click menu on the timeline, just as Da Vinci Resolve does - instead of having to right click, delete tracks..., check video box, check audio box. I use this all the time and it should be a one click thing instead of a 5 click thing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MULTICAM sync processing produces multiples videos and audio tracks

When launching an automatic audio sync on rushes from 2 cameras labeled as 2 cam (cam1 and cam2) premiere organizes the results in as many tracks as rushes. It is a long waste of time to have to rearrange the tracks in 2 singles ones representing each cameras.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Distortion when zooming in on MacBook Pro 16

I have a new MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB. In Premiere (and partially in AfterEffects too) I get a totally distorted preview pane with every zoom level (50%, 100%, 200%,...) except for "fit". Is anyone else experiencing this bug? Is there a workaround?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have custom presets only at top of new sequence and export presets, hide all others

Instead of having 100 sequence presets at the top of the new sequence window you can hide all the ones you rarely use.

Likewise, hiding all other exporting presets that are never/rarely used would be helpful.

We use 2 sequence types and three export types and every time you have to select a parent catagory, then a sub category just to get your preset.

Why not save your favorites as quick buttons (about 5 of them) at the top, and it's a click and go, not select and OK.

Again, hiding all those presets would be great, nice to know…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You should be able to extend audio and video transitions together when selecting multiples. It's a real pain to do one at a time.

Furthermore, the program should understand that transitions added to a linked clip probably need to be edited together. And if they don't, you should be able to unlink the item from it's other parts and edit it separately.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View contents of multiple folder at once in Media Browser

Within Media Browser, it would be great if we could view the contents of multiple folders all at once. I was recently given a job with 142 individual clips that were each in their own individual folders (not sure why). It would have been ideal to have the ability to view all 142 clips in a single window rather than having to click each subfolder individually. My workaround was to move each .mov and .xml file to a common folder via a "." search in the Explorer window, but I would have preferred not to interfere with the original folder…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG REPORT | Rating Metadata Column Missing Data

After having gone through my entire project's media, entering the descriptions and ratings, and saving multiple times along the way, I reopened the Premiere file to find that nearly all of the data that I had entered into the Rating column has completely disappeared. Not only are the ratings gone, but the ability to enter new ratings is also impossible because the stars themselves have also disappeared.

This project was opened on a Late 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132) with a 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB DDR3, and an AMD FirePro D700 6 GB graphics…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Duplicate Frame Marker-Style Line to show used footage in Source Window

When I'm scrolling through a video in the viewer, looking for B Roll, or even looking for new bites, it would be super helpful to see a line over parts of the footage that I've already used. At this point, I sometimes drag footage into the timeline after my sequence so I can see the lines. Seems like it would be a great addition to the source monitor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base