Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the old scrolling on the timeline.

You all know that feel. You're almost there, the perfect moment for your cut, the best moment you could've imagine. Suddenly, the premiere scrolls the indicator 15 miles away from that sweetspot. Not cool Adobe, not cool.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Renaming a nested sequence should be reflected in the timeline.

I use a macro for a nesting and stabilizing technique I use when editing, and right now, I have the macro set to simply name the Nested sequence "Nest", and then I change it in my project panel after the Macro finishes. However, when I change the name of the nested sequence, it is still called "Nest" in the master sequence timeline. I can right click on it in the timeline and rename it, but there is no reason as far as I can imagine why you would want a separate name in the timeline from what you have in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. actions panel

Inside Photoshop you have an excellent Actions Panel that lets you record and playback actions. I frequently use this whenever I need to do repetitive tasks, such as scaling imported images, saving them to a PSD and then closing out the file. With only a few mouse clicks, you can automate a task that would perhaps take hours to complete (and be very repetitive).

Could the team at PPro also consider the introduction of such an actions panel?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. better search

I have a very large project which I've inherited, and the ability to search using keywords and booleans is imperative. But on a fast PC with 32g ram it's unuseable. Premiere's search/find tool simply does not return the results you want. EG: if I search for "homer simpson" I expect the results to be displayed as a compact list of files, bins and timelines. But instead it returns a massive unwealdy tree of bins, which regularly do not contain the phrase I'm searching for.

Good search is critical especially for long-form, and from reading similar posts dating back years, this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag timeline like in Audition AND with hand tool like in After Effects

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in Premiere Pro to drag the timeline, the same way one can in After Effects, but it would be even better if one could additionally drag the timeline like in Audition, where one only needs to hover the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project.

Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project. We need a thumbnail cashe in the project folder next to the autosave folder, or something similar. To make matters worse, the thumbnails will only load when you scroll down to a section of the bin with no thumbnails generated yet. It substantially slows down program when generating. This reloading costs me about 20 minutes a day (8 hour work day).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save timeline thumbnails after generating

I realize others have submitted similar posts but clicking vote feels even more "shouting into the void" than typing it out here does.

I use timelines to pull selects for sound bites and b roll of event footage I shoot. Many of my b roll timelines are many hours long of clips of 3-30 sec. The best way to see what's what and get to things quickly is to use the video thumbnails.

My current workflow when I start work for the day is to open the b roll timeline and scroll through it slowly and wait for the thumbnails…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Effect Controls: Keyframe on first frame is hard to select

I often add a Motion or Time Remap keyframe to the first frame of a clip. The icon for the first keyframe (the diamond for linear) in the Effects Controls is drawn only on the right side, with the left side cropped off (before the clip). This makes it very difficult to select it.

Compare this to After Effect's Timeline, where there is a small gap on the left side, then a vertical "first frame" line, then the first keyframe is drawn completely which makes it so much easier to select.

This is by far the most annoying thing I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: fix bin as separate window

The PPRo preferences panel clearly sets out three ways to invoke separate window for each bin in the very first panel, General: Doubleclicik, press Command or Option.

None of these function. That's a boo-boo. A big hairy writhing boo-boo.

Best, as always,
    Loren

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in Audio Track Mixer - when opening audio FX, make effect window open showing all effect settings

In the Audio Track Mixer: when double-clicking an audio effect in one of the fx slots, the window size of the effect settings that pops up is too small most of the time, and many of the effect settings are obscured. You actually have to grab and drag the corner of the window with your mouse to make all settings visible.
    Just very annoying and it seems like this would be an easy bug to fix

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix reliability of In/Out ripple delete, and In/Out Copy Pating

As a user that is coming from Avid, I find the functions that works with In/Out markers to be very unreliable.

I don't know why it happens, but copy pasting using In/Outs work only half of the time. The other half of the time, the material selected doesn't populate the clipboard. The consequence is when I paste, I end up pasting the previous, sometimes quite old, clipboard content. Even if I make sure to De-select All, and try slowly many time, it simply refuses to copy. The only way I can get to copy to work is foregoing the In/Outs…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Forward/back media directory buttons that actually work

Am I the only one that often finds the navigation buttons not working when trying to navigate while attaching or linking proxies or full res media?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add dictionary for Pr & Ae

Please add a spell checker and dictionary for edit text (tittle)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe Software Development

Hello !! I am Arabic and I do not speak English, but I translated the words through Google translation technology. There is a possibility of errors in the report ...
    What is important I have an important proposal for all producers in developing Adobe programs:
    I say why the Premier program is separate from the effects. Why are the two programs not merged into one program so that we have at the same time graphics, effects and final production by transforming the frame, an integrated program for the work of effects, cutting, synchronization, etc. from the things that are available…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

84 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding more than 6 items breaks the User Interface (PLEASE HELP)

Please excuse my terminology as I am still new to Premiere Pro. I'm using Premiere 14.2.0 (Build 47)

This isn't an idea but is a problem I am having with my Adobe Premiere Pro. I've been searching online to try and find a solution; however, I cannot find anything.

When I create a new project in Premiere, the user interface works fine. I'm able to use everything normally; however, after importing the 7th item to the project, the user interface will not work as it should.

For example, I can use the blue timeline scroller by clicking and dragging it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Marker Upgrade

When you place makers on a clip in the source viewer it would be great if there were a way to see in the 'Project' window or the clip's associated bin, that the clip contained a marker. Additionally if you placed multiple markers on a clip, there would be a drop down triangle next to the clip - when viewed in its bin - that when clicked revealed all of that clip's applied markers, and double-clicking one took you to the marker location in the source window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What is the "show audio names" option for?

Its name says so, but it doesn't work. For example, with MXF Atom files when show audio names is enabled, it shows the same name as the video, when the audio files have a different name. Really stupid!

If it is, at least it works properly. With MXF Atom files it should show the full name of the audio files, like any other competent NLE.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display path of recent opened projects in the "Home" window

When Premiere Pro ist opened the "Home" window opens there are all the recent projects listed. Next to "Name" and "Size", it would be very cool to see also the path of the project-file displayed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base