Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere Pro Doesn't Refresh The Output Dialog When Items Have Been Moved In Finder

If a user exports an item from Premiere Pro and then for any reason deletes or moves the export by using Finder, any re-exporting of the same item will result in an error claiming the item is already in the project. The only fix is to export to a different folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug : Transcribe Not Working over VPN Connection

Our Premiere Pro users make use of the Transcribe sequence feature in Premiere (v15.4.1) but they find that when working from home and using our VPN connection to access internal resources, the Transcribe button is greyed out. When hovering over the button the error tooltip states 'User not approved for cloud transcription usage. Please check again'. Thefeature DOES work if only connected to the internet (say user's home network) but when the VPN is connected, no dice.

We've tested this with a number of users and they all have the same result. My first thought was to bring this up…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Media Encoder Mobile Alert Service

I would like to have an alert service via a mobile for Media Encoder:
    - Notify when encodes are finished
    - Notify if an encode has failed

This way, you can just do something else while Media Encoder does its work, like walk your dog or socialize with friends or family.

Can Adobe create a Mobile App for both iOS/Android that will provide such notifications?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Production Instruction

Not sure why it is so hard to find this feedback page, nor why it doesn't feel like the right place, but here you go.
    On this page, https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.html

It says for example:

Set up the following preferences in the Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Premiere Pro > Preferences (macOS) dialog box.

In Preferences > Media, deselect the following options:
    Write XMP ID to files on import
    Write clip markers to XMP

Enable clip and XMP metadata linking

Great. A bunch of specific changes to settings without any explanation as to why, or even a link to relevant information about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prevent clip markers from covering audio waveform

Clip markers currently make it impossible to view the full audio waveform in timeline, making it very difficult to find anything under a certain dB if markers are enabled. Waveform should shift vertically to show the entire graph above marker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do not remove media duration from icon view.

The latest update introduced coloured squares next to our media files. These coloured squares are placed where media duration used to be displayed.

Please show the media duration and remove these squares, or put them literally anywhere else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic Link

Dynamic link problem.

I can't playback or even operate Premiere if I have a clip connected to After Effects. I have to open both. And I have to open After Effects first before opening Premiere. Or else, opening Premiere first will be inoperable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. relink window sizing broken

The window resizing on the relinking window is broken. No matter how big I make the window, the file browsing stays small and in the left corner. On mac Big sur OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Some Premiere UI improved

Hello!

1) It will be great, if in source monitor we can see not only video, but audio either. It will save a lot of time between audio and video switching every time.

2) Show a segment duration in the timeline. Because every time select in and out and every time watching in program monitor or Timecode window a little bit annoying))

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. again..

... right at the end of the project, random errors.

since 1995 i use apps like 3ds, maya, zbrush, nuke, blender and many more.
    i have to say, premiere gave me more frustration than all other apps combined.. by FAR. i can not find words to express how frustrating it is to use such an unreliable pos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Color marker shortcut doesn't save. Marker reverts to default color

I use colored Clip marker to highlight important moments of clips using color code. I setup keyboard shortcuts to do this.

Everything appears normal when I do this. But if I open another clip, and come back to the first, all the markers now have the DEFAULT green color, negating the effort.

The only way to save the color change permanently seems to be to double click the marker, and select the color from the Marker pop-up window.

Any idea how to fix this ? I'm running 15.2 on a Mac OSX 10.15.7.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not remove the projects from Home screen when disk not connected

Not remove the projects from "Home screen" when disk not connected

Now when you open Premiere Pro and you don't connect your disk, it disapear from the list..

Can it remember the project location even if the disk is not connected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clip Level Transcription

We really need transcription to happen on a clip level via metadata, that stays linked to the source material. This would open up so many editing possibilities.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: keyaboard shortcuts not loaded (Premiere Pro, maybe other apps)

I have Windoiws 11 with 2 languages installed: Hebrew and English (Israel).

If the keyboard is set to Hebrew when I start Premiere Pro, then keyboard shortcuts are loaded correctly.

However if the keyboard is set to English (Israel) when I start Premiere Pro - keyboard shortcuts are NOT loaded, and there is no way to load any keyboard preset (ie. in Edit / Keyboard shortcuts - choosing any preset does nothing).

This is extremely annoying because if I start Premiere Pro when they keyboard is set to English (Israel) then I have to close, change language and start again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make a new premiere pro, do it again- but better, now that we know what not to do.

It doesn't need to be fancy! actually... that's what most people are complaining about. Being able to queue files for export? that's nice, stuff like that can stay. but stuff like only having presets for framerates? what about reversing footage? what about that time you tried to remove h264 from the programs altogether?

let's face it- these media programs now have well over 500 addons, and... well, we don't use them. we just don't. I mean a few of them ARE useful, but for the most part, they feel like shiny bells and whistles meant to distract managers and bosses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not working

Unable to upgrade to Pro. Only spins when trying to commit to the discounted annual year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Options for colours/shades of the UI.

Please bring Premiere Pro into line with other Adobe applications. I find light text on a black background very difficult to work with. I do not enjoy the experience at all.

Can we have a choice of UI backgrounds like Photoshop, Illustrator etc does?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Track monitoring switch separate to track output

Premiere has a mechanism for viewing the output in program/record monitor of different video track outputs. Premiere's mechanism works like photoshop's layer output toggles, there's an eyeball icon for each track to toggle it's output on and off, and you can even kinda 'solo' them too by disabling all tracks with shift+click and then enabling the one you want.

This is inconvenient when you want to temporarily monitor tracks that lower are down in the stack because it requires the disabling of multiple tracks above the one you want, and also re-enabling of all those tracks thereafter. The current system…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lumetri Bug

Almost every time I Use Lumetri the program crashes. This has been an ongoing bug from earlier releases up til the most recent. If I use color picker it crashes, if I adjust anything in lumtri the program crashes. This was such an extreme bug I am surprised its gone on multiple years with no fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 89 90
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base