Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

54 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

444 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Simply shift Video/Audio track up or down in the timeline stack

I want to be able to grab V1 and move it to where V3 is, so that it's above the other footage on V2.
    Or grab A6 and pull it up to A2, Making old A6 now A2, and previous A2 is now A3.

Currently (as far as I know) you have to highlight all the clips on the track and nudge them up when highlighted.
    2 problems can occur, if you bump up and land on the track above it will overwrite the clips above, or if you unlink the audio/video you may misalign sound from video, or may…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notepad in Premiere Pro

I often have to make text notes (ideas, reminders, etc.) for the current project in third-party text editors, which is not convenient for me. It would be great to have something like Notepad on the Window tab.

Thanks,
    Vadim

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the default Proxy settings user-friendly.

When you right click a clip and create proxies, Premiere should be smart enough to recommend a good proxy codec and resolution every time, by default. The current default is 1024x540 H.264 proxies which makes zero sense. The average user is working with 16x9 footage which means that their proxies will be stretched after encoding unless they catch it.

A better default would be 1280x720 Prores Proxy clips, but it would be even better if Premiere was smart enough to dynamically change resolutions to match the footage.

This seems pretty simple technically speaking, it's amazing to me that the software…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Premiere easier to use with a pen and tablet

Many of us use a pen and tablet instead of a mouse to help with hand/finger strain or carpal tunnel. But Premiere is not very easy to use with a pan - dragging very small scroll bars is awkward, and the interface is very prone to an accidental drag. Perhaps you could provide options?

1) Add a feature to lock a Workspace once set - just a toggle.
    2) Add a toggle to enable larger scroll 'elevators'/arrows/scrollbars
    3) Add a 'Scroll with drag' on/off toggle button. Once activated, you can drag-scroll a bin's contents anywhere on the screen without selecting…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve timeline waveforms to better show detail of audio content

Avid has two features that make it easier to edit audio ‘visually’
    a. The waveforms can be scaled vertically within the height of the timeline clip. Thus very quiet sections can be expanded. (PP uses linear or logarithmic scaling between ♾ and 0dBFS. Broadcast audio generally -25 to -10 so restricted to about 15% of track height)

b. The timeline waveforms in Avid are better defined, to my eye. They default to black on light grey too. For the exact same zoom I can better see where the beats are, where individual words, clicks & breaths are.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sorting Thumbnails in Media Browser

If there is a specific reason for sorting files by the first numeral, that’s fine. But at least give the rest of us the ability to sort by Logical Numerical order [As found in the List View].

Current behavior:
    3-4-20
    3-5-20
    8-18

Expected behavior [In List View & Project View]:
    3-4-20
    3-5-20
    8-18

This will keep my Daily video captures at the top of the window, above my Yearly Folders, and I won’t have to scroll to a different spot in the middle of the view every time…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ENHANCEMENT: New Bin Encloses Selection

In After Effects, when you have multiple assets selected and select New Bin, the selection is placed in the new bin.

It's a fantastic time-saver when you're sorting assets, and it would be lovely for Premiere to match that behavior.

Behavior:
    1. Select a set of clips you'd like to bin.
    2. Press New Bin.
    Result: When the New Bin is created, the selection is moved inside the bin (if the selection is more than one clip)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag timeline like in Audition AND with hand tool like in After Effects

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in Premiere Pro to drag the timeline, the same way one can in After Effects, but it would be even better if one could additionally drag the timeline like in Audition, where one only needs to hover the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project.

Thumbnails must re-generate every time you reopen project. We need a thumbnail cashe in the project folder next to the autosave folder, or something similar. To make matters worse, the thumbnails will only load when you scroll down to a section of the bin with no thumbnails generated yet. It substantially slows down program when generating. This reloading costs me about 20 minutes a day (8 hour work day).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File>Export>Media - Nothing happens

This happens across all 3 computers I use premiere on. Intermittently, but more often than not when I go to File>Export>Media the export wizard never shows up. I have to keep exiting and reopening premiere until it works.

This has been ongoing as an issue for years across multiple versions of premiere pro. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for Sidecar macOS Catalina

As Apple introduce the new sidecar feature with macOS Catalina, they already add support for their editing software Final Cut Pro X.

The way they handle it is just as good as they sell it, just another screen with touch capability with Apple Pencil with the help of an iPad.

I think this feature can be great to be integrated like they did on FCPX, the ability to use sidecar as a playback viewer or even more. In the case of Premiere Pro, I think being able to get one panel into sidecar could be huge. Let's take an example…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Music

I do see you have made suggestions to other users that they can make the video using another program that already has music and then import to adobe premier pro, but that is possible for me or others. I like to make the movie using specific beats of the song, but also utilizing the slow motion features (and many others in Premier). I don't see why you can have available tracts to add or a feature to purchase them. Why haven't you contracted with a vendor to provide them. It seem as though Adobe thinks of everything...

Also, random idea.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why is soloing a track considered an edit?

Soloing a track will overwrite edit history. Say for instance you edit an audio keyframe, undo that edit then solo the track, there is no way of redoing that edit (of the audio keyframe) in order to reference the edit that has been made on the soloed track because soloing a track is considered an edit.

Not to mention the unnecessary undos/redos to go through if you have soloed multiple tracks and made multiple edits.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team Project "Share Changes" Comment Function Visibility

Currently, when working on the Team Projects platform, when you submit changes to all other collaborators, a dialogue box appears which allows you to add a comment before submitting these changes for all to see. You would assume the comment you leave would be easily populated or visible for all team members but this is not the case. The process to view any comments one may have left when submitting their changes is very hidden and is in an undocked window pane that can't be docked to a window panel so it remains open.

When I submit an update change,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. in Audio Track Mixer - when opening audio FX, make effect window open showing all effect settings

In the Audio Track Mixer: when double-clicking an audio effect in one of the fx slots, the window size of the effect settings that pops up is too small most of the time, and many of the effect settings are obscured. You actually have to grab and drag the corner of the window with your mouse to make all settings visible.
    Just very annoying and it seems like this would be an easy bug to fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base