Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

383 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Legibility difficulties due to poor contrast

Hi,

I'm really struggling with the tiny text and poor contrast of the text and labels in Premiere Pro, so much so that I'm constantly having to lean in and squint to pick out the right menu option. The default text colour is a mid-grey, which, against a black background isn't great for legibility.

See attached examples.

I don't have vision problems or a learning need but I imagine those that do would really struggle with usability (especially dyslexics).

This seems like an easy one to solve - I hope the Adobe team can produce the goods!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Error alerts should be given in "time code" instead of "frame number".

With frame numbers, it is very difficult to tell where the error is occurring.
    Users usually edit based on the time code.
    I'd like to know the time code.

For example: x 35576 -> ◯ 00:19;47;02

リクエスト:エラーアラートの表示は「フレーム番号」ではなく「タイムコード」で教えてほしい

フレーム番号だと、どこがエラーを起こしているのかとてもわかりにくい。
    普段はタイムコードを基準として編集している。
    タイムコードで教えてほしい。

例:× 35576  → ◯ 00:19;47;02

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. autosave unhiding Premiere Pro

Premiere is unhiding itself on the Mac while performing autosave. So if I've hidden premiere while typing an email the whole program will pop up covering my email while it autosaves. I can't then just hide premiere with (Command +H) I have to tab back over to the app and then back to mail then back to premiere to get it to hide again. 5 min later during the next autosave, have to do everything again. Very frustrating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Latest Premiere version crash with hevc 10 bit files (windows 11, files from fuji xt3)

Both media encoder and premiere will crash if i try to use these kind of files. In premiere 2021 i did not have problem

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Subclips With Color Grades

Using subclips is a great way to export batches of clips, but I wish they could also retain applied color grading effects upon export

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug fix for numeric keypad

Numeric keypad no longer works to input numbers and most characters into text graphics items.

Only '=' and '/' symbols can be added to text when using the keypad. This is the same in either graphics view or if trying to add directly into program window.

No matter what you have selected, the keypad now defaults to changing the timecode widow and moving the playhead to timecode of numbers entered.

This is not seen before in any previous versions.

This is noted on Premiere CC 22.1.1 on a Monterey 12.1 MacBook Pro. Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to have a "reveal in productions button" for projects in a production.

Right now there are options for "reveal in project" and "reveal project in finder" and it would be really helpful to have an option to reveal a project in the production window. This could really help with big productions when there are a lot of projects across a lot of bins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Projects Not Displaying on Home Screen / Recent

there is a bug in premier 22.1.2 (Windows 11) that after a project is created for the first time, and you save it, later to return to edit it, it doesn't display in the recent project's files list (when first starting premiere).

When you manually open a project, and later return to it, it does appear in the recent list on the home page of Premiere.

The recreate the issue these steps can be used with 100% repeatability.

1) Press "New Project" on the home screen and give it a new / unused file name

2) Add a sequence to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Code Keyframes

There should be a way to color-code keyframes when there are multiple it is difficult to differentiate especially in large projects I would like to put all ease in into blue color ease out into yellow so that even after a few weeks I can just check random part of a video and immediately know what is what.

I honestly think this would be quite easy for Adobe to add just colors and would make a big difference I think.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag & drop media into project isn't working

Premiere Pro 22.1.2

Dragging and dropping media from the finder into my project folder no longer works today. It worked yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. And now it doesn't. I haven't changed a single setting during this time.

I can right-click and use the Import... selection from the dropdown but the file that appears has a different file name than what's in the finder.

What gives Adobe? I'm seriously frustrated and this has been a subpar experience for a suite that costs over $800/year and yet can't function properly from one day to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Titles to Markers

When I started naming the timeline markers today, I noticed that the name only shows when I hover my pointer over them. This is a bit daft, I want visible labels at all times. How is this software 'industry standard'?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow User to Cancel Transcription

I should be able to cancel a transcription submission from the Text window. I accidentally submitted a transcription with incorrect settings but couldn't find a way to cancel that. I want to be able to cancel it and resubmit for transcription with the correct settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Pro Doesn't Refresh The Output Dialog When Items Have Been Moved In Finder

If a user exports an item from Premiere Pro and then for any reason deletes or moves the export by using Finder, any re-exporting of the same item will result in an error claiming the item is already in the project. The only fix is to export to a different folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug : Transcribe Not Working over VPN Connection

Our Premiere Pro users make use of the Transcribe sequence feature in Premiere (v15.4.1) but they find that when working from home and using our VPN connection to access internal resources, the Transcribe button is greyed out. When hovering over the button the error tooltip states 'User not approved for cloud transcription usage. Please check again'. Thefeature DOES work if only connected to the internet (say user's home network) but when the VPN is connected, no dice.

We've tested this with a number of users and they all have the same result. My first thought was to bring this up…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Production Instruction

Not sure why it is so hard to find this feedback page, nor why it doesn't feel like the right place, but here you go.
    On this page, https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.html

It says for example:

Set up the following preferences in the Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Premiere Pro > Preferences (macOS) dialog box.

In Preferences > Media, deselect the following options:
    Write XMP ID to files on import
    Write clip markers to XMP

Enable clip and XMP metadata linking

Great. A bunch of specific changes to settings without any explanation as to why, or even a link to relevant information about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prevent clip markers from covering audio waveform

Clip markers currently make it impossible to view the full audio waveform in timeline, making it very difficult to find anything under a certain dB if markers are enabled. Waveform should shift vertically to show the entire graph above marker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 82 83
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base