Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLZ DO NOT retire Legacy Title!!!

Hello everyone:

I can't use Essential Graphics to make 3D words, but Legacy Title CAN!!!
    Plus Legacy Title Styles is very convenient to change what I want, you don't need to import style every time when you start a new project. Also, I can't use Essential Graphics to draw some easy shape or graphics, BUT Legacy Tittle still CAN!!!! PLZZZZZZ DO NOT retire Legacy Title!!!!!PLZZZZZZ!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do NOT discontinue the LEGACY TITLER. Just DONT. LEAVE IT ALONE!

The legacy titler is simple and easy to duplicate and to change. it is clear and obvious. DO NOT delete it PLEASE.
    Learning the new unstable, complicated and unwanted titler tool is a waste of energy for thousands of we users. Please please find a way of saving the titler tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SMART BINS - Bins that automatically collect files based on asset type!

Imagine if every time you started a new Pr project, the Project window came pre-populated with intelligent Bins that automatically sort and organize media you import or create within Pr… Imagine all of your titles automatically going into a ‘Titles’ Bin and all of your nests appearing in a ‘Nests’ Bin rather than just randomly appearing all over the Project window. Imagine if you could spend more time actually editing and less time on menial tasks such as manually dragging files into relevant Bins to keep your project organized.

Thankfully, this already IS possible! One of the great features in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media Encoder Mobile Alert Service

I would like to have an alert service via a mobile for Media Encoder:
    - Notify when encodes are finished
    - Notify if an encode has failed

This way, you can just do something else while Media Encoder does its work, like walk your dog or socialize with friends or family.

Can Adobe create a Mobile App for both iOS/Android that will provide such notifications?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to delete all media cache after updating to new version

Editors are advised to delete media cache before updating to a "major" new version of Premiere Pro. An option to delete these files ahead of updating or beginning a new project is the request.

Currently, an editor would need to open Preferences to handle this, so the request fulfills a "reminder" for best practices.

A checkbox in the Update Project dialog box might be a good place for this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Loudness Meter Dockable

Please make the new Loudness Meter dockable into a workspace, just like the Audio Meters are.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere Pro Exporting Dialog Transcript with timecodes

Could be very helpful to be able to export transcripts not only the text itself but the timecodes - this could be useful if you are to give those transcripts to text editors or managers (for ex for the interview so they could edit it and mark all the things they would like to remove or insert.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Center + fit timeline vertically

When expanding/reducing track sizes or adding/removing tracks it would be useful if PP had an option to 'auto-fit' the timeline to the vertical space.

If you look at the way Avid deals with it you'd see what is possible.

(Obviously expanding too much and something has to go off screen)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Program Monitor Buttons Not Centered

Buttons will run off the side of the Program Monitor and give you the >> arrows rather than taking up the empty space in the UI. Workaround is creating a second tier of buttons, but would be nice to take better advantage of the space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Pro - RAM Filling up until computer crashes

I'm posting a new topic for this issue as the other 5-page thread isn't getting any replies from Adobe Support no more and this serious issue is impacting my work enourmously.

My Adobe premiere auto-updated to the latest 2021 version 15.2 and the **** started again :

As soon as I open Premiere my RAM starts to gain more and more every minute one GB Ram is added, without even having any footage in my timeline. After a while my computer freezes completely with the RAM filled up over my maximum amount (for example the activity monitor says that Premiere…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How much would you spend on a massage chair

Between sports and car accidents I've messed up my back pretty good. Thinking about buying one of those ridiculous massage pods to relax in. How much $ crosses the line from "therapeudic" to "douchebag?"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Colour Code Sequence Tabs

Having the ability to colour code sequence tabs would be incredibly helpful, and could be used as an easy visual identifier for different categories of sequences (Broll, different cuts, etc).

I know this was suggested a few years back in a user voice, but it only received a few votes and wasn't commented on at all - so I'm suggesting it again!

I believe you can do this in final cut, so it'd be great to see it here!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SUPER Tools bar (i.e. a Tools window that can contain ALL of your favorite items!)

Pr's Tools window is of little help to anyone who uses much faster keyboard shortcuts to access their tools. Why not supercharge the lowly tools bar so that it can contain all of a user's favorite items?! (audio/video clips, titles, transitions, effect presets, etc.)

For all of the details, please see illustrations. Final Cut Pro 7 had something similar to what I suggest but it was far more limited.

To make this tool even more incredibly user friendly, users could choose to enable tool bar shortcuts. Doing so would display tiny numbers 0-9 in the top right corner of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text Tool Controls

Something simple, but ironically ESSENTIAL that's missing from the new Text Tool but is in Legacy Title Tool is the ability to move text or elements by holding a modifier key (command/control). I constantly have to click out of the window, switch to the arrow tool, then click back in, otherwise I would type an "a" for example.

Also, the Transform + 180 shutter speed trick to get motion blur on clips doesn't work on the new Text Tool, but DOES WORK on Legacy Titles. I use this function a lot for GFX sliding in and out. Another option, of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changing a small selection of a label's color now changes everything instead of the selected clip

When you select a few clips to change the label color, it used to only color that selection. Now everything that was that clip's file has its color changed. I assume this is a bug? If not, how do I fix this? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base