Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brighten_or_darken_the_interface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color Coded Sequence Tabs

Being able to color code tabs when you have multiple sequences open.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

- Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

- When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

- When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Essential Graphics and Effect Controls Panels stack layers in opposite directions

When creating layers and groups in the Essential Graphics Panel, they work top-down. The same layers and groups as they appear in the Effect Controls Panel are reversed and work from bottom-up. It's confusing and counter intuitive. Please make the layers in both panels work in the more natural direction of top-down.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results

Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)

I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.

Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.

Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.

It seems to be completely broken and useless,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workspaces Panel changes are not saved

Changes made to the Workspaces Panel via "Window/Workspaces/Edit Workspaces.." are not saved after restarting Premiere.

Verified via the forms and with Adobe Community Professional.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: Ruler "Guides" are offset and misplaced when viewing Program monitor full screen (Ctrl + `)

After using guides on a normal Program monitor window...
    Guides appear to be offset and misplaced when trying to view playback in "fullscreen" mode (Ctrl + ` on Windows).

The blue lines are shifted up and to the left by a significant amount.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zooming into monitors using ALT + scroll

The ability to zoom into the program/source monitor by ALT + scrolling into the specific location of the pointer (like in Photoshop and Illustrator). You can already do this in the timeline, but in the monitor for some reason this doesn't work

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Timecode shorthand not working on German keyboard (NUM pad)

On a German keyboard it's curently not possible to use the timecode shorthands "." and ".." on the NUM pad, because the standard German NUM pad features a "," (comma) in place of the "."-key.

If you enter timecode on the NUM pad (using the automatic activation of the timecode field) and then try to use the regular "."-key Premiere will perform an overwrite edit instead of entering a dot. That's the expected and correct behaviour of course, which shouldn't be changed!

The only workaround is to click the timecode field first and then use the regular "."-key. However, this…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New viewing option in project panel to move items freely

Please create a new viewing option in the project panel beside the existing list and icon view. With this option, you can move items freely by simply dragging them like in Avid Media Composer (see image). I think it would make a huge improvement in footage organizing since you could customize your footage structure better.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "go to select clip end" bug: Goes one frame before clip's end

"Go to select clip end" goes one frame before actual clip end. Unless "Show Audio time units" is selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Visually Distinguish Which Sequences are in Which Project When Multiple Projects Are Open

It would be nice to visually see which projects correspond to which project when I have several open at once. Right now they're just tabs in the timeline window, but if there was a way to visually see which ones were with which project (ie. color coordinate or something like this) it would be immensely helpful. That way I don't accidentally work in the wrong sequence/project.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base