Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make button selections clearer

It is hard to tell which option is selected when choosing a radial button option. And clicking the radial button option of your selection multiple times actually toggles between choices instead of confirming you've made your selection. View here for an example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/cb7keb/premieres_dumb_buttons_wait_for_the_end/

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Post a Real Changelog for 13.1.5

The Fixed Issues page for 13.1.5 is woefully inadequate. Please post actual details of which issue were fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brighten_or_darken_the_interface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

- Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

- When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

- When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dupilcate sequence naming

I tend to duplicate sequences a fair bit as incase i need to go back at anytime to previous iterations of a video. These all end up in a bin that I move them to but new duplicates don't (ending up where the working sequence is located). This is fine, I just drag them into the bin but the naming system is such that it starts the counting again at each new duplicate (counting up as duplicates are made in the one bin).

It would be nice if each duplicate had its own unique name, counting as normal wherever the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color Coded Sequence Tabs

Being able to color code tabs when you have multiple sequences open.

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why did you remove support of MKV????????????????????????

Just launched creative cloud to find out the newest version REMOVED support of importing MKV files... WHY!!!??

On Windows, to record screen captures, we use OBS which is pretty widely used and in order to have that program save files still to the disk if it crashes, it recommends using mkv files, since mp4 files in OBS won't save to disk if it crashes.. so now what are we supposed to do?

As a paying customer of Adobe, and a full time video creator working on several hundreds of projects a year, I cannot understand how the Premiere team makes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dark Mode not available in "import" screen

The dark mode of premier pro is perfect, but when I go to open files or import, the Finder window is white and hard for the eyes to adjust to. Although I've set my mac to dark mode and the finder windows are normally dark, in Premier Pro however they still come up white.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add a way to quickly switch between source timecode and absolute timecode in source window?

Currently, to get the source clip to display timecode in absolute timecode, you have to visit Preferences, change it, then change back when you're done. Please add the ability to (for example) right-click on the timecode display and enable switching between source and absolute timecode, with some icon displaying which is currently being displayed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base