Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/usingarrowkeystomoveamasknolonger_works

Adobe,…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Program Monitor Buttons Not Centered

Buttons will run off the side of the Program Monitor and give you the >> arrows rather than taking up the empty space in the UI. Workaround is creating a second tier of buttons, but would be nice to take better advantage of the space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Colour Code Sequence Tabs

Having the ability to colour code sequence tabs would be incredibly helpful, and could be used as an easy visual identifier for different categories of sequences (Broll, different cuts, etc).

I know this was suggested a few years back in a user voice, but it only received a few votes and wasn't commented on at all - so I'm suggesting it again!

I believe you can do this in final cut, so it'd be great to see it here!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Center + fit timeline vertically

When expanding/reducing track sizes or adding/removing tracks it would be useful if PP had an option to 'auto-fit' the timeline to the vertical space.

If you look at the way Avid deals with it you'd see what is possible.

(Obviously expanding too much and something has to go off screen)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Encoder Mobile Alert Service

I would like to have an alert service via a mobile for Media Encoder:
    - Notify when encodes are finished
    - Notify if an encode has failed

This way, you can just do something else while Media Encoder does its work, like walk your dog or socialize with friends or family.

Can Adobe create a Mobile App for both iOS/Android that will provide such notifications?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to delete all media cache after updating to new version

Editors are advised to delete media cache before updating to a "major" new version of Premiere Pro. An option to delete these files ahead of updating or beginning a new project is the request.

Currently, an editor would need to open Preferences to handle this, so the request fulfills a "reminder" for best practices.

A checkbox in the Update Project dialog box might be a good place for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro Exporting Dialog Transcript with timecodes

Could be very helpful to be able to export transcripts not only the text itself but the timecodes - this could be useful if you are to give those transcripts to text editors or managers (for ex for the interview so they could edit it and mark all the things they would like to remove or insert.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project panel labels missing

I just updated to 14.6.0 (Build 51) and suddenly the labels are gone from the project panel. I've opened the metadata selector (label was checked), I've unchecked it, re-checked it, restarted PP....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: Labels column disappeared in version 14.6

BUG: Labels are not working on premiere anymore after upgrading to 14.6.

I confirmed in "metadata display" that I have checked labels, but they are nowhere to be seen. I have tried multiple workspaces and reset them, but still labels don't work.

Please fix this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PP 14.6 Color labels disappeared

I am having this issue. Color labels disappeared:  premiere pro the color labels don't show the colors anymore on the left files section. I can change the colours but it don't show here. When I drag a file on the timeline the color will show. It is checked on but don't show wich colour. Yes, I doubled checked the metadata display setting. Workaround is to make a new project and import the project having the issue. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subclips should be able to match frame to their original clip SOURCE

Problem:
    Choosing to Reveal in Project on a subclip only shows the subclip in the bin.

Description of problem:
    Sometimes it is necessary to find the original clip a subclip was made from. Sometimes PremierePro will only reveal the subclip in the bin forcing the editor to search by name to find it. This is a slow, awkward & unnecessary extra step.

Solution:
    Either add a new shortcut or modifier key to reveal Original Source in Project, or bring up a dialogue box asking the editor to choose if they wish to reveal the subclip or the original.

Thank you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Timecode Window Panel

The Timecode Window PANEL is not calculating the correct timecode for the different variations of timecode. For example, in a 23.976 sequence in-to-out selection of 10 seconds, returns a 29.97 value of 8 seconds.
    Likewise, a 10 second selection in a 29.97 sequence returns 12.12 seconds when converting to 23.976.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Arrow keys no longer move elements on the screen or mask points, makes precision near impossible now.

This bug has consistently come and gone through various versions of Adobe and it is extremely frustrating. When I double click on an element in the preview window to select it, or try select mask points then use the arrow keys to move it, now the cursor jumps all around the timeline.

This makes precision editing impossible for these aspects and is actually detrimental to the videos I create for my company, as it limits me and degrades the overall quality of videos I am creating now, completely removing the ability to add an aspect of professionalism we deem necessary.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make difference between on/off "Toggle Sync Lock" icon in timeline more noticeable

When you have a timeline with many tracks it's hard to tell wether the sync lock is enable or not for all the tracks. There's practically no difference between on and off icons, and it's really easy to have one track out of sync because at some point you click the "toggle sync lock" icon by mistake.
    It would be nice that the difference between on/off sync lock would be more noticeable, making it red or something similar.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some fonts won't load and there is no solution

I have spent many hours looking for a solution to this problem, which is to get 2 fonts loaded.
    Missing Font: "SofiaProRegular"
    Missing Font: "SofiaProBold"
    They are not missing. They are genuine Microsoft installed fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SUPER Tools bar (i.e. a Tools window that can contain ALL of your favorite items!)

Pr's Tools window is of little help to anyone who uses much faster keyboard shortcuts to access their tools. Why not supercharge the lowly tools bar so that it can contain all of a user's favorite items?! (audio/video clips, titles, transitions, effect presets, etc.)

For all of the details, please see illustrations. Final Cut Pro 7 had something similar to what I suggest but it was far more limited.

To make this tool even more incredibly user friendly, users could choose to enable tool bar shortcuts. Doing so would display tiny numbers 0-9 in the top right corner of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base