Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. upgraded to full access adobe and its not working since.

I upgraded to full access for adobe products, I only have premiere pro downloaded on my computer. I've managed to delete unnecessary items that could be taking up space on my computer. ive delete apps that take up room. I've closed all other apps and software that are using up my CPU.

yet, every time I open adobe premiere pro, I'm still getting issues running the software. the whole program is not working and it's freezing. I went the extra mile and ran other apps, software, and programs and all the other stuff works fine while premiere pro is open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting opacity mask point causes app crash

When holding command to remove a point on an opacity mask Premiere frequently crashes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Comp Resize or FPS change crashes Premiere

At random times when I go to Sequence Settings to resize the Frame Size or Timebase fps of a comp it crashes Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. bug 15.1 Application fails to launch if last closed in Color workspace

If I don't switch from Color to another Workspace before closing the application, it hangs on launch next time.

The workaround is holding Option while launching to erase preferences, re-downloading my preferences.

Hope this helps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug - generating keyframes from essential sound panel crashes premiere if autosave invoked during the process

Fix that problem - it's particularly destructive because the autosave project file that it tries to write ends up being corrupted / 0kb, so you lose everything since your last save as a consequence of a feature designed to prevent just that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Version 14 and above gives me washed out image. In V.13.1.15 everything is good.

I've been working on a project for a long time, which involved going from version 13 to 14 during editing. And I've found that ever since the 14 version, the imagery gets washed out. Less contrast, black and white levels are off. Didn't really think much of it since I was solely cutting and working with a LUT on top, but getting the cut back from color grading now and about to do final export to master, this is pretty **** critical.

I've tried converting the files to other containers/color spaces/codecs and I can't find a consistancy in what is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: Dragging Anything into 4th Video Layer causing Premiere to Crash.

When dragging anything into the 4th video layer. Premiere will crash most of the time. This is with the latest update to Premiere Pro.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Using "F" / "Match Frame" on Blackmagic RAW footage makes premiere freeze.

Everytime I use Match Frame "F", Premiere will freeze, and eventually crash, it does this without fail everytime, in every project.

Using latest Premiere Pro 2021.
    Footage connected via NAS using Blackmagic URSA 4.6K footage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Latest Update of Premiere Pro 2021 Crashes on Startup

Uninstalled and re-installed twice with same result of application crashing during startup. Had to replace with older 2020 version from Time Machine in order to keep working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Rendering Previews to Dropbox Doesn't Work

I have a project shared on Dropbox and when I try to render previews to an actively syncing folder Premiere will stop rendering after the first preview is rendered (if it even finishes one)

Steps to reproduce project...

1. Open project that is in a folder synced by dropbox
    2. Previews are set to "same as project"
    3. Try to render a timeline with Dynamic Linked comps
    4. Premiere will stop the render prematurely and start playing from the beginning of the work area.

Expected behavior: Rendering entire work area.
    Bug: Render quits early due to some sort of poor Drobox / Premiere interaction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere Pro 2020 hangs when opening project

PP CC 14.5 on a new Mac Pro hangs when opening a project. New project does not hang, but if I quit and try to reopen that project, it hangs, too. No crash report is generated when I force quit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: time remapping interpreted footage 14.2

TLDR:
    Speed ramps cause massive playback issues on non-rendered clips for interpreted footage.

the problem is with interpreted footage + cuda playback

(on windows, cuda playback on)

4k H.264 OR quicktime cineform footage 29.97, interpreted to 25. 
    On a 1080 timeline.

Add a speed ramp to footage (any amount shows the bug but the higher it is the more obvious it is)  playback is borked. At the start of the ramp the footage jumps around in time.

This does not happen on non-interpreted footage, it does not happen when you use a 29.97 clip on a 25 fps timeline.

Absolutely…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG REPORT: have to reconnect proxies every time project opens

I found a problem where I have to reconnect proxies every time project opens because I had to change the proxy location.
    When you open a project and it tells you the proxies are offline, click cancel (it does not work to connect them from this window). Then when I go to the bin it says the proxies are attached, but they are actually not cause reveal finder points to the masters. So then I go to where the proxies are located on the drive and move them back to the folder where they were originally (possibly it might work…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere pro 2020 ver 14.8.0 Thai fonts's upper/lower vowels & tones glyphs don't work correctly while typing with Type tools

The latest version of Premiere pro (version 14.8.0 build 39) have issues when I type the upper vowels ( ิ ี ึ ื ั ์ ํ ็) lower vowels ( ุ ู) and tone glyphs ( ่ ้ ๊ ๋). It doesn't show up in both preview and render. It happens with all Thai fonts while using Type tool and vertical type tools. Leads to the problem of building desired words and coloring the desired letters

Update 9 Feb 2021 : I tried to reset the software preference and it doesn’t work. This bugs happened when I set “South Asian…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere Pro 2020 constantly crashing whilst performing basic tasks.

Premiere Pro 2020 is the most unstable release that our company has every experienced.
    It constantly freezes and crashes whilst performing the most basic of tasks for an NLE. Highlights include:
    - Opening a file in the source monitor
    - Adding a keyframe to an audio clip or track
    - Importing files
    - Adding or deleting tracks
    - Playback
    - Any form of editing in the sequence
    - Adding text

The list goes on. And on.

So far, reseting Workspace, reseting preferences, reinstalling the software... Etc... None of this works or helps.

This is happening across many different types of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export window is slow to open and change settings

There is a delay of around 3-5 seconds when opening the export window (CTRL+M) and when changing any of the export settings. This issue occurs every time the window is opened or a setting is changed.

I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, clearing preferences, etc. and nothing will resolve this issue. The issue occurs on existing and new projects.

V14.6.0 (Build 51)
    Windows 10 Pro
    i9 9900K
    64GB RAM
    RTX 2080 Super

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DroverLord - TabPanel Window

Had this strange crash today where the main Premiere window got that familiar "(Not Responding)" in the title bar, but also, a second invisible window appeared with "DroverLord - TabPanel Window" in the title bar (see pic).

I only discovered it when I hovered my mouse over the Premiere icon in the taskbar.

Anyone know what's going on here?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please fix, update, or replace Merged clips with something that works

I already have a case open with Adobe and they say they’re looking into it, and they also suggested I post it here, so:

When performing a Project Manage consolidation, you will receive an “Unknown error” message if you have any Merged Clips in your timeline.

This is yet another reason why you should never use Merged Clips in a professional environment. (The other major flaw is that Merged Clips also eradicates sound metadata, making the handover to the Sound department an embarrassing nightmare #basedonatruestory)

This is in addition to all the other issues on this forum when looking up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro 14.5 crashes constantly and lots of bugs

Aren't versions supposed to improve as there are new updates? This is 14.5! Not 14.0.

I get crashes when trying to attach proxies. (I created my own h.265 proxies for 120p footage in handbrake because when I try to create 120p proxies in Premiere it changes the frame rate to 60p making the proxies unusable..) I can attach 1 at a time and it works perfect, however if I try to do all of the 168 clips, it says "Not Responding" for several hours and if I click on anywhere on Premiere while it says the message it crashes. Same…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base