Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeline Focus Fail

With the latest version or Premiere (14.0.0 Build 572) after I scroll at all in the timeline I can then no longer click anything in it until I give another panel focus (or alt scroll erratically to break the issue) then come back to the timeline. This is the most unproductive annoyance yet Adobe.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG - Catalina Resets to Desktop After Crash & Auto-Save is Not Working

Version 14.0.0 (build 572) is seriously unstable. Last night, I experienced several crashes on my Catalina iMac which always sent me back to the desktop login (a serious crash by Premiere). Curious why a desktop process is allowed to crash Aqua. This happened frequently enough last night where I didn't loose much work though it was extremely frustrating. I spent hours this morning editing, auto-saving every 2 minutes. Completed the edit and was doing a final preview. Crash. All work lost. C'MON FOLKS!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG - Can't undo inside nested comps if parent comp is open.

I've noticed for some time that there is a bug in Premiere where undo history for a nested sequence does not get populated, in other words, any application of the "undo" command will only undo actions in the parent sequence. This can be mitigated by closing the parent sequence prior to working on the nested one, but still, this is unintuitive and annoying.

Until last week, I was using a Mac Pro (Mid 2013). I've since switched to an Alienware PC, and the issue persists on both systems.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: cursor becomes invisible when switching to graphics workspace. v 13.1.4 Window 10

It's happening on v. 13.1.4
    If you move the cursor while the workspace is changing to Graphics it will become invisible, you can't see it but it activates things when you roll over. I can even click on the close button and exit the program when I see it activate.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG discovered in Premiere v14

Hello, in Premiere v14, on a Mac with Catalina, if I try to hit the "L" key to play a clip faster, I crash with the spinning ball of death and a red error message in the corner.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [bug report] Premiere viewer not showing any output

The Premiere viewer is not showing any output, I am currently completely unable to continue with my edit... I don't want to lose all my setting in Premiere either, I spent many hours configuring everything the way I wanted it...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Canon EOS R Footage

Premiere Pro Crashes and becomes extremely unstable with Canon EOS R Footage.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not Responding Cutting

I had thought maybe my computer was getting old (Intel 5930k Nvidia 1080) so I purchased a new pc (5 mins into the edit with a very freshly installed PC...

NOT RESPONDING occurs after making a cut and deleting the footage. This happened on the older system this happens on the new system (AMD 3900x 2080)

I'm not positive this is YOU and YOU need to resolve this - the only other thing that it could be related to is the footage is from Nvidia Screencapture (capturing 1080p screen footage)

My system also has 3 SSD drives and premiere project…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Premiere 2020 14.0 crashing when dragging clips to timeline.

As the title states, every 1-4 clips I drag from a bin into the timeline triggers a crash-- every time. I've been forced to downgrade to 2019 to keep our project delivery on time. 2020 for us is unacceptable.

Premiere Pro 14.0 running on 2018 MacBook Pro 15". Project files kept on internal SSD and media on an external drive. I can't upload a .log file, so here's the file shared externally: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PH5ZP53s2N4h-IXmGYlafJuOYIdgcmc9/view?usp=sharing

Excerpt from the beginning of the file:

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 127 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type: EXCBADACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERNINVALID

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Premiere 2020 14.0 crashing when dragging clips to timeline.

As the title states, every 1-4 clips I drag from a bin into the timeline triggers a crash-- every time. I've been forced to downgrade to 2019 to keep our project delivery on time. 2020 for us is unacceptable.

Attached is one of many crash logs, but here is an excerpt. Premiere Pro 14.0 running on 2018 MacBook Pro 15". Project files kept on internal SSD and media on an external drive.

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 127 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type: EXCBADACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERNINVALIDADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please, fix the bug: AE.ADBE AEMask (GPUVideoFitler::Precompute)

Since I updated my Premiere to CC 2020 this error is crashing in my mind. It happens all the time and the program become entirely unstable And my preview has many artifacts. It's terrible... =/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere 14.0/Nvidia MX130 driver update not available

I upgraded my Premiere to 14.0 because I really needed to be able to delete masks on graphics (didn't work in 13.x). When I load the new version, I get a big red warning stating that I have a system compatibility problem and need to update the driver for my Nvidia MX-130 adapter. (I've created a system mirror image back-up). Following the instructions, I determined that my driver type is Standard. I've entered all the pertinent information into Nvidia's Driver Downloads page, selecting the Studio Driver Type. The search response is "No certified downloads were found for this configuration. To…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Glitchiest program ever.

Waveform doesnt show, frame drops and becomes rendered into the video, Crashes daily. Just make a good product

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding Markers at high speed playback breaks Adobe Player

I get the "A low-level exception has occured in: Adobe PLayer (Player:11)" error consistently when playing back my footage at a higher speed while placing markers with the M shortcut. I then get the error and have to restart Premiere, and get a "Metadata writing in progress.. if you quit data will be lost" prompt, before I can complete the restart.

It'll place the markers the first few times then start to chug, then just crash the player.

Media: h264, 1080p, 11 gigs in size
    Premiere Version 14.0.0 (Build 572)
    I have about 64 gigs of ram on a somewhat…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version

Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version. Please fix it! Lots of complaints on Forums in Adobe Community as well, i.e. the problem is clearly documented:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Metadata-writing-in-progress-n-files-pending-error/td-p/4433360

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Premiere 2020] Event panel bug, doesn't refresh after first message.

Event panel won't refresh after first message, whatever new message will be it will show the very first one again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make saving actually save

I just saved my project and quit premiere because going to "export" and then "media" wasnt showing the export wizard (separate issue). When I reopened my project it was blank. It didn't save. This has happened twice.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix "Open Sequence in timeline"

So I discover this feature quite recently, and I really like it because it makes me able to toggle Source / Record timelines, which is in my opinion the fastest way to edit.

BUT there is a problem, it's not stable ! Every now and then, it stop working. Either the scrubbing don't work, or the frame freeze ; it's laggy, and very frustrating.

I'm sure that if this function exist, it's probably not a big deal to fix it !

Thanks a lot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere 13.1.x unstable accessing media from and saving project files to NAS

2013 MacPro / MacOS 10.13.6 / Premiere 13.1.0-13.1.4 / GLabs MidiSpace NAS

On all Premiere 13.1.x versions, we have had problems opening media from our NAS as well as saving existing projects back to the NAS.

Specifically, if we have launched TextEdit or Microsoft Word and saved documents to the NAS from those apps, Premiere becomes unstable: (a.) hanging on project save, and/or (b.) reporting media reading errors when connecting media files on project open.

Restarting the machine resolves issue.

It would seem there is a Premiere issue with file access on the NAS when certain other apps have accessed…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warp Stabilizer Letterboxes When Exporting to Nonsquare Pixel Format

The warp stabilizer causes letterboxing when it is being exported to a format with non-square pixels from timeline with square pixels: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650337

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base