Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2020 BUG IS BACK - Can't Name or Rename a BIN

1/9/2020 I thought they had this fixed. Right click in various places along the bin's name in the media window. Text is faintly outlined but no highlight or edit cursor in the bin name. Maddening.. I figure to beat it at its own game I would CREATE a new bin, name it and move the stuff to this bin then clear the old, now empty bin. NOW it won't even let me assign a name... just comes up "bin". At least it doesn't crash PPro. At least that seems to have been fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Temporal Effects such as Posterize Time and Neat Video Changes Color in Premiere Pro CC19 and CC20 on 10-bit H265 Video

Adding certain temporal effects such as Posterize Time and Neat Video adds a magenta hue to my clips in CC19 and CC20. I started noticing it specifically on 10-bit H265 clips. My sequence settings have "Maximum Bit Depth" checked and that didn't solve the issue. This is one of the many issues working with 10-bit in Premiere and needs to be solved if they want to prevent people from jumping to Resolve.

Happy to send example project and files to your team upon request.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: Temporal Effects such as Posterize Time and Neat Video Changes Color in Premiere Pro CC19 and CC20 on 10-bit H265 Video

Adding certain temporal effects such as Posterize Time and Neat Video adds a magenta hue to my clips in CC19 and CC20. I started noticing it specifically on 10-bit H265 clips. My sequence settings have "Maximum Bit Depth" checked and that didn't solve the issue. This is one of the many issues working with 10-bit in Premiere and needs to be solved if they want to prevent people from jumping to Resolve.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Media pending forever!

There is no stability! Premiere pro 14 doesnt work properly! Media pending forever!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please, fix the bug: AE.ADBE AEMask (GPUVideoFitler::Precompute)

Since I updated my Premiere to CC 2020 this error is crashing in my mind. It happens all the time and the program become entirely unstable And my preview has many artifacts. It's terrible... =/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Premiere Pro crashing more than 30 times in the last 3 days

I just updated Premiere Pro a few weeks ago to the latest version (2020), and it has been crashing like crazy. We have been editing a 15-minute documentary shot mostly in 4K and Full HD on a Sony A7 III.
    In the last three days, Premiere has crashed more than 30 times for no reason at all. When we work on the 15-minute timeline, it's when the program starts to fail the most. This it's very frustrating because we are doing very simple tasks, the documentary it's not that complex, and we don't have a lot of elements on the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: Fails to Retain Media Start Timecode

My footage has timecode metadata set by the camera, which needs to be reset to 00:00:00:00. (As in right-click on a footage item>Modify>Timecode).

Not only does it always take two attempts for the new timecode to stick, which is aggravating enough, but also it's only retained for that session. Once you've closed and reopened the project, it reverts back to the source timecode.

Please fix this.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report: Timeline Header Frozen, Unable to Zoom (Fixed)

Not 100% sure what caused the issue, but I had multiple bin tabs open on a separate monitor, about 6-8 in total. At one point the timeline header was stuck in place. I could still scrub through the footage but without the header moving. I was also unable to zoom in or out of the timeline.

I fixed it by restoring my default workspace. This happened on my newly updated Premiere Pro 2020 CC edition. Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Freezes aty last image of PNG sequence

Let's say I import a PNG sequence into the timeline. If I then put the last image of the sequence (dragged from folder) after the end of the clip (to freeze frame), everything freezes except the audio. The audio keeps playing, but the playback cursor stops. Then if I stop playback and try to start it again, nothing. I need to close and restart PPro. Has been doing this for the last 3-4 versions (maybe even before). See included screenshot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support 1080x1350 Frame Size with CUDA Acceleration

Using CUDA acceleration to view 1080x1350 video causes issues which have been confirmed by Trent Happel of Adobe. This is the recommend ad specifications for Facebook and Instagram.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Problems-editing-1080-x-1350-clips-maybe-because-of-CUDA/td-p/10625686
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2651246

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro 2020 crashing every time I use the new "Auto Reframe" tool

Every time I try using the new "Auto Reframe" tool on my clips, it crashes the program. I put together a simple test sequence with 4K footage, ran the "Auto Reframe Sequence" tool (after right-clicking sequence name), but it crashes Premiere every time I try this.

However, when I come back to Premiere, the first clip it was "Analyzing" will be reframed. Then, when it starts analyzing and reframing the second clip, it will crash again.

I absolutely love the idea of this new feature so I hope it works!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problem with consolidate sequence (Premiere 2020)

Hi! Seems, I found a bug while performing the sequence consolidation process. I have the next project structure. The project has a file with an extension ".txt"

If I try to consolidate seqeunce with these settings (please see screenshot).

I get the next errror

"An unknown error occured during the Project Manager operation. Please save yout project and retry the operation"

If I delete ".txt " - file from the project, the consolidation process completes successfully.

I would like a clearer understanding of the error from the issued message. It took me about 30 minutes to figure out what the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instability

Improve stability - PP virtually unusable due to frequent locking of playback on program and source monitors.

PP 13.1.5, Windows 10 Pro v1809, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, 64 GB RAM, Geoforce GTX 1070 with standard driver 431.86

No changes to any software or hardware during current editing project, except updating graphics card driver as a solution to PP crashes (didn't make any difference). W10 on auto update.

Playback locks up apparently at random, not during playback but on trying to start it. Example - immediately before latest failure I added a music clip to the timeline. The music clip had…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Some minor bugs that require closing of the software to disapear

Hello so here are some bugs that I noticed after using Adobe Premiere 2020

-audio color fill for text does not display the propper color or even works after some usage can be fixed by restarting the software
    -somethimes when searching for effects the scrool wheel locks up efects, search or any other tab than the timeline requires restarting to be fixed
    -random audio does not show wawes
    -audio being somethimes out of sync
    -not really a bug but tedious when you add a new text you have to open it inside the effects tab to get it to show…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fixing auto reframe, need solving

Trying to make Auto reframe on 1080p25fps to 11:16... Premiere calcuates all frames: 249019 (in less than 1 hour) and then happens nothing ... I waited for more than 12 hours - it still showing "Analyzing"... I have i7 3770 (3.4GGHz) and 32 GB RAM - windows 10. What should i do to complete auto reframe? Have tried it several times - no success :( Please help me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere drops frames and freezes when dealing with .mxf files

I have .mxf files that play correctly in any video player I've tried.

When I import it into Premiere following happens:
    - file drops several frames when upon being played, usually between 20 and 30
    - I remove the file from Premiere and import again
    - Premiere freezes!
    - I have to force quit Premiere now

I can reproduce this consistently, different set of frames are being dropped each time.

Premiere Pro version: 13.1.4
    Operating system: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Graphics card: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG - 13.0.2 Safe margins disables video output

When you turn on Safe Margins, it disables video and only shows a thin white line over a screen of black. Safe margins are not properly composited over the existing video in the Source or Program monitor. In the sample image attached, the Source monitor shows when safe margins is turned off and the program monitor shows when it is turned on.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Constantly crashing while working in a nest

There are multiple instances of this happening in projects, it's not just one thing I can point to. Also, I can't undo anything in nests? I hit Cmd+Z and it undoes things I did in my main sequence. Basically, Nests are full of bugs in this newest version.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. LOCKUPS: THE MOVIE - I have had nothing but crashing and Finder lockups in Premiere Pro...

Anybody see this...

Premiere Pro has turned into the most unstable software on my machine. I work in Premiere Pro CC2018 for a little while...all of a sudden the finder locks up (FINDER) and the machine quits or has to be forced shut down. Does not do that in any other Adobe software. At first I thought it was a computer issue so I got a fully loaded iMac Pro installed a few days ago with ALL NEW Adobe software installs...STILL CRASHING THE FINDER & Premiere Pro CC2018 while using the software. It is random... (iMac Pro 2017 / 3…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base