Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

879 results found

1. Fix for Position and Opacity Keyframe Related Crash

For as long as I have used a dual monitor setup (probably the past decade or so), there has been a bug that I have come to just live with, but is quite annoying. Whenever I have position or opacity keyframes on a clip, unchecking the stopwatch icon will cause Premiere to "encounter a serious problem" and close.

Having just gotten a Mac Studio, I held high hopes that this may finally be the machine/verison of Premiere that would no longer have this issue. But alas...

The only conclusion I can come to is that Premiere doesn't like how I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. FUJI HEVC (H.265) FILES PROBLEM IN PREMIERE PRO V.22 AND LATER

The h.265 files of Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 devices work poorly in all Premiere Pro 2022 versions. I contacted Adobe and they accepted this situation but it still has not been fixed. Informations:

h.264 files work fine in all versions, including the current version.
    h.265 files are problematic in all 2022 versions.
    h.265 files work fine on all versions prior to 2022 (like v.15)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Freeze when not clearing cache before exporting

Usually we at our company get freezes of the process bar when trying to export. Example we set an export to render overnight, it keeps hanging at like 69% or 24% we also use dynamic link a lot in our projects. After we clear the cache it usually works but sometimes it does not. It just keeps getting stuck. We have different machines at work but all mac's I have a M1 Max myself but other people have older imac's. It affects all machines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Premiere 22.1.2 is beach balling on startup MacOs 12.2.

When I open any project I get a beach ball about 2 seconds after the workspace appears, before any video is displayed. The application never recovers. Reinstalled many times. The same media/sequences will work if I import them into a new project - then will beach ball fatally after quit and re-opening that project. Premiere 22.1.2 MBP M1max 64GB MacOS 12.2. 4K prores media, plays fine in finder. This issue came on very suddenly at 5pm EST on 1.27

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere Pro hangs completely if a key is pressed during Auto-Save

Premiere Pro hangs completely if a key is pressed during Auto-Save

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. remix tool - another bug

There seems to be issues with the Remix tool effecting more than just OMF and AAF exports. If a remixed track is on the timeline, using Transcription in the Text Window crashes the entire app. Remixed file deleted from the timeline leads to successful transcription. I have downgraded to 22.3.1 to try and escape the other Remix tool bug with OMF export. Now this shows up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of just "Cancel" during a render that is stuck, have a second button for "Finish" so it wraps up the export that it's already done

So it's a massive pain when you're rendering and it just gets stuck and you don't want to lose all the progress you've just gained, instead of having the painful option to just cancel and think "jeeze I gotta wait all over again" there should be a command that can wrap up the current rendered previews.
    This way you can segment your renders much like in Media Encoder however it acts as more of a fail safe. Hey, maybe even input a "Rendered Timecode" to see how much of the timeline was actually finished as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding a vignette in Lumetri appears to break the project

I have one clip in my project with a light vignette applied in Lumetri, and it results in breaking the preview completely (black screen).

Once I set the playhead to that clip, suddenly even previously renderable frames (without vignette) are not previewing, but the interface is fine. When I try to render, it fails at the first frame of that clip. Requires a restart of the program to get it working again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding a LUT to lumetri crashes premiere

After adding a new Lumetri Color effect to a clip (I'm usually working with .mxf, but this happens on .mp4 and quicktime pro res as well), and going to the Input LUT drop down and selecting browse, premiere will either crash as soon as I hit browse, or after selecting the LUT. In some projects, this happens every single time and so I can no longer use LUTs. Sometimes the LUTs are exported from Resolve, sometimes they are presets from camera makers, some are creative. Seems to happen with any of them.

The footage and LUTs are stored on a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG.

To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG. i-frame only MPEG causes a lot of render bugs, which not appeared than you using a professional codecs in sequence settings.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better QA by Adobe Team

Adobe QA and recycle cycles are abysmal. 22.3 for Premier launched and my export completely failed. Rolled back to 22.2 and everything works perfectly. This is an example of poor and unacceptable QA. I'm rednering to local drives on a state of the art machine and if a simple render hangs without an error causing me to terminate the app, that is poor QA.

Adobe, please stop adding features until you can have some software that is stable for longer than one point release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. text lag

Why is inputting simple text causing so much lag? Working with video and images is not nearly as slow as typing in some text....please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 22.4 & 22.3 Premiere Pro Crashing often

All 22.3 and 22.4 Versions including this release are crashing without saving my current project if I don't take the time to open my sequences first in Source Monitor first. For example if I just double click a sequence on a timeline in order to open the sequence at that point then BOOM gone Premiere Pro app no longer open and any work since the last save is lost. This also happened in Premiere Pro 22.3.X

And today it is also crashing when I try and add a cut to a clip in my timeline.

Im excited about the new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: XDCAM files are crashing the Multicam sync process on 22.5.0

With the 22.5.0 release, XDCAM 35 files I have received from two different studios cause a crash during creation of a multicam source sequence. I use the sync-on-audio option, and typically am syncing about 4 30 minute video clips plus 3 audio clips.

Re-encoding that source clip with Premiere ("new sequence from clip", then export using my XDCAM35 preset) and then using the new file instead works fine.

This is a problem for my workflow on a daily broadcast show as it adds an extra step when I am working under extremely tight deadlines.

-Robert

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. media import optimisation and .obj compatibility

When importing an image sequence, it would be incredibly convenient, if there was a tick box in the dialogue window, beside the "import as image sequence tick box labelled, "partial delayed import" or something along those lines which allows the user to import said file sequence in multiples of 100 images or at least importing 10 percent of what is needed to be imported and then pausing the processor thread managing the file import and then un-pausing after a constant period in time or at least until there is a drop in processor usage rather than waiting for an entire…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AVI

All the versions of 22 on my PC (windows 10) don't play nice with AVI formats. Premiere keeps shutting suddenly, crashing or not loading until I get rid of all the AVI clips in the project.

My suggestion is: If you no longer support a codec, just don't allow the program to accept it or ask if you'd like to convert it via ME... Don't allow me to import file formats that you don't support. (I wasted countless hours until I figured out the issue.)

I'm not even going to try to convince you to support old codecs (even though…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Version 22.5.0 unable to render any files on the time line

In version 22.5.0 I am not able to render anything on the timeline without error compiling movie popping up.
    I've never had a problem with this on any version or on any computer or laptop untill this version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MXFs, in particular XDCAM 50mbs (a broadcast standard) is dropping a lot of frames and bugging quite a lot.

MXFs, in particular XDCAM 50mbs (a broadcast standard) is dropping a lot of frame and bugging quite a lot. Drops frame all over. Extra amount of bugs if the file is closed caption. Gives a freeze frame on exports. Usually happens if the interlaced footage has to be edited and exported in a progressive format. Export gives black or frozen frames (aftereffects and Premiere). Usually i get the red bottom-right indicator while editing of dropped or problematic content. If i get this, i know exports will not work most of the time unless i reboot premiere and just export (that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop. multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine

Ever since upgrading to v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop, audio gets crackly and it eventually freezes. My project is multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine. Verified on two projects that render and edit fine on 15.4 and kill v22.

Troubleshooting this was a soul crushing experience

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?