Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

879 results found

1. Preview Monitor activated: Crash on start Premiere

I have a setting with iMac 2017 and a Benq Monitor via HDMI at work.
    When I have activated the Benq Monitor as a Preview Monitor, Premiere CC2022 (and many older versions) hangs on start up (Wheel of Death).

The same configuration at home with an external Apple Cinema Display via Thunderbolt makes no problems.

The problem exists for over one year, always updated Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix stability Premiere Pro 22 with AMD gpu & cpu (alt-tab stability bug & GPU acceleration bug)

Unfortunately I chose to go with a AMD cpu and gpu as Adobe stated that these new cards and processors were in fact supported. However after a year of using it, it seems like my system isn't compatible with adobe Premiere Pro at all.

There's two huge problems i'm working with besides the random crashes i'm experiencing a lot. (And yes I went through every step of trying clean drivers, old drivers, new drivers, new windows install, bios update. The older Premiere Pro versions seem more stable but introduce other bugs so unfortunately to work in those doesn't seem to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Nothing works in Premeire Pro. It is impractical to get work done in this program. When I Merge video and audio clip and try and make in and

Nothing works in Premeire Pro. It is impractical to get work done in this program. When I Merge video and audio clip and try and make in and out points in the Source Monitor nothing happens. I keep having to restart Premeire Pro. Also I have merged (Sub) clips in a project and it will not let me add them to my existing timeline. The program just freezes and I have to force quit and it does it again. I can not add any vlips to the timeline in this project. WTF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Premiere 22.6.2 crashes when editing graphics while multicam view is open

I frequently use multicam editing to speed up my workflow for talking head videos for clients, and almost always I use mogrts to add animations or info that they talk about. If I forget to exit multicam view and try to edit text, Premiere immediately crashes. This is on both MacOS and Windows. I try to remember, but at least once or twice per editing session, I'll forget and crash my project. Thankfully autosave remembers nearly all of my edits, but it's still an inconvenience I'd like to avoid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please let it start up just as easy as After Effects

After years, I am still not able PP every time I need it. It requires a restart, and even after that it is unsure wether it will start or not. Latest addition to this behaviour is "Error Display Surface Initialization failed" and multiple instances of Premiere in the MacOS Dock.
    I am working on a 2019 MacPro in Monterey 12.6.
    All other Adobe stuff runs fine.

Does anyone know a solution to clean this up and get Premiere to work again?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Refresh issue

1.) Create Multi-Camera (MK) source sequence
    2.) Create sequence from this source sequence
    3.) Use this sequence in main sequence
    4.) Go back to Multi-Camera sequence
    5.) Switch off one camera, e.g to make color adjustments
    6.) Restart Premiere
    7.) Go to MK sequence
    8.) Switch missing camera on
    9.) No refresh is done in refering sequences (black screen when the affected camera should be shown)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Refresh missing

Situation: Multi-Camera active, Sequence from multi-camera is using in main sequence. Now you switch off one camera in Multi-Camera source sequence, e.g. to correct color balance. Your save the project, maybe you need to exit Premiere and you come back to the Multi Camera source sequenc. You switch on the camera. In the sequence and in the main sequence the camera stays off, no picture is coming back (refresh is missing). You need to restart Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Issue: Multiple screen output

Two screen are activated, major screen is set to fiul screen. Current project is not saved. You switch to another application, e.g. browser to reseach something. Premiere is in background or minimized.
    Occationally both screens show the output of the ***** screen and no possibilty to switch this off. You need to switch back to the browser via Alt-Tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug Report: Metalogging crashes Premiere Pro

On Mac (M1 Macbook Pro, Monterey 12.3.1) adding content to the Scene column in the Metalogging workspace crashes Premiere Pro. This occurs to me with small batches of 5+ clips and large batches of 50+ clips. A crash does not happen absolutely every time, but enough where it's a feature that's not usable.

My experience is with it happening on .mxf and .wav files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not working - Premiere Pro MAC Apple M1 Max - Reinstalled nothing happened

I am using Apple M1 Max machine and installed the Pro but it not working. I clicked on create new project and nothing. All I am seeing is this top navigation bar in the Laptop. I did reinstalled and still does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Crash Win 11 | Adobe Creative Clouds

Periodically, the system based on Win 11 crashes. This happens once a day. At least so far on a regular basis. I am the system events I found the following:

Faulting application name: Creative Cloud.exe, version: 5.8.0.592, time stamp: 0x62d24b9f
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22000.918, time stamp: 0x57b668f2
    Exception code: 0xc000000d
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000124800
    Faulting process id: 0x446c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d1bd46cfd582
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: cf303800-c5a9-4802-85af-0d4e73f41df4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Full screen defocus glitch

Premiere intermittently displays the full screen of the Program panel even when I'm not working in Premiere. When minimizing the window, Premiere will display the Program panel timeline image and not allow me to click on anything to make it go away. I have to wildly move my mouse and pound my keyboard until I get control of my screen again. Version 22.6.2 Build 2.

Again, this happens while Premiere is idle in the background and has no apparent repeatable trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zm2ga9fFgk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Timeline Bugs - M1 Max: Alt+Drag / Moving the Playhead

When clicking in the timeline to move the playhead, more often than not, there is no response/nothing happens, until I wait around 3-4 seconds and click, often multiple times, where I'd like the playhead to move to. This happens almost every time that I click in the timeline to move my playhead. The bug appears to be worse when using an external display (both via the dedicated HDMI port [16-inch M1 Max] and also via DisplayLink with a docking station).

Alt-dragging items in the timeline also seems to have a bug. When I alt+drag a clip, Premiere doesn't duplicate the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once again. A new feature introduced (New export) and old features break

Updated to the latest version to discover they are forcing everyone to re-learn how to export,(Which now takes more clicks) and now literally playing back an h.264 4k file randomly plays the wrong parts of the clip!! I see in the waveform that there's NO talking, but the video and audio plays talking from a different part of the clip. It makes no sense. I'm stuck now trying to figure out how to deliver this video to the client on time, but literally can't even edit because it's not showing me the proper clip. Please, for the sake of all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 22.6.2 (Build 2) Video clips suddenly go black.

I can only seem to use Premiere for a few minutes before it starts to lag a ton. After a long pause waiting for the program to become responsive again, all video suddenly goes black, and there's nothing I can do to bring it back aside from fully restarting the program each time. It seems to have been doing this more since I updated and I cant exactly figure out how it might be an issue on my end, but I am open to suggestions, though I still feel like it might be a bug.

I'm on Windows 10 Version…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Project hangs on opening

M1 Macbook Pro, 2021 16". Only workaround is to open new project first, and then open project. Premiere Pro v22.3.1 (Build 2). Gets past splash screen, project seems to open, but then hangs on spinning color wheel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Color labels disappearing (22.4)

Color labels keep disappearing. For example the photo I have attached was all tan. My premiere is up to date, it would be nice if this issue gets fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BUG REPORT : Premiere Pro freeze when media file is modified

Computer : Apple Mac Mini M1 16Go RAM
    Software Version : 22.3.1 Build 2

Bug description : Playback freeze, you can move the playhead but nothing happen in the program panel. Closing the project and reopening it stuck the software, needing a force quit.

Step to reproduce : Open a project. Position the playhead on top of a media file in the timeline. In another sofwtare (after effects in my case), re-export the media file and replace it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would be great to have a live town hall meeting to discuss directions and features of Adobe products

While I feel this forum can be helpful, I feel like the issue of implementing features and fixing bugs is not efficient enough. Not enough central communication. An example would be how some bugs take months to fix or even be addressed.

Email and forum post updates feel so robotic and disingenuous. Show us a human. Let us interact with them.

I feel a more efficient method would be to have a monthly live stream that editors can interact with and actually talk directly to the developers so fixes can be discussed. Maybe give updates on current fixes so users…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Project Manager crashes when clicking on it

Version 22.xx

When clicking on the project manager button under "file" the whole programm crashes. I reinstalled an older version (15.4.xx) where it works without problems. Please fix this bug!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base