Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG Rendering a timeline on a Mac in 12.1.1 is freezing with ProRes as the video preview codec

Updating from 2015.2 to 2018.1.1 on macOS. Rendering a timeline is freezing with ProRes422 selected as the video preview codec (as I always done in the past). Tried it with multiple machines with various GPUs, it freezes faster if a Lumetri Color effect is applied. Premiere hangs (with the color beachball). Actually, the renders keep on rendering in the Video Previews folder until the end of the timeline, but Premiere itself is frozen, which cause to force quit and lose all the renders. It works fine with the DNxHD and AVC-Intra 100 codecs, but not ProRes422.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rendering speed change w optical flow freezes computer

When rendering a Clío with an “optical flow” speed change, my entire computer freezes. Not just the application; I have to do a hard reboot.

This happens when my render engine is set to Metal, but not OpenCL. This happens consistently, with various clips. This happens with Premiere 12.1.1 (build 10).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Some clip types importing as audio only

Specifically for me its iPhone clips. Updated a project and all the video associations were gone, and now I find that these clips (even in a fresh project started in new version of premiere) will not import video period.

This is another example of you guys putting out an update and breaking an integral feature. Please STOP putting out new features until you can figure out how to do so without breaking crucial parts of the application!

Here is a YEAR OLD THREAD ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2313357

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. System crash when working with Morph Cuts in an XAVC-L Timeline

I am working with Sony XAVC-L Codec. In various timelines I get a complet system freeze when my playhead scrubs over unrendered Morph Cuts (also Lumetri Effect on the clip but nothing else). I have to restart the whole system. I am working on a new iMac Pro, 64GB, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB. All Software is on the newest Version.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: Essential graphics sometimes confuses space bar in typing mode with hitting play

1. Create Essential Graphics piece of type, add text.

2. Save project, quit and come back later.

3. Try to edit EG type.

4. Sometimes, if editing the type in the type box, you can hit the space bar when clearly in text input mode, and playback will happen instead of adding a space into the type. Will happen a few times before clicks back and forth between timeline and text box (which remains red) allow entry of a space character to the type.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Premiere Crashes opening closed Project Panel with Multiple Projects Open

• Open 2 Projects in Premiere

• Close the project panel of Project A

• Close Project B (so that there are no project panels left)

• Try to re-open the Project Panel with "Shift + 1"

• Premiere Crashes

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Changing the length of a clip crashes Premiere.

When changing the length of any clip on the timeline (not stretching, just keeping the clip shown for longer) and the red bracket and arrow are pointing toward the clip, Premiere instantly crashes.

This has only started happening after the 12.1.1 update on macOS Sierra 12.6.

When the arrow is pointed away from the clip, everything is fine. It has never been like this, because before, I could have the bracket and arrow pointing wherever and it would still modify the length of a clip.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: Amira footage crashes Premiere 2018 12.0

The .ale files that come with the Amira footage cause Premiere to crash when importing. I literally have to go through each reel and deselect it before importing.

I get the attached error every time it crashes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. (BUG) Fix bins graying out

x hours after starting to work, All the custom bin search bars randomly turn gray, you need to premiere to get them visible again. This is way after having loaded in all the assets. I have never encountered this happening in Premiere 2017

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. color panel crash

I am sure this has been suggested already but the constant crashing when switching to the color panel is totally unacceptable considering this is a long-standing issue that has been reported many times prior to this latest update.

Why this has not been addressed, I don't know but it is essentially rendering the software unusable for myself and my organisation (and many others I would assume) are now having to seriously look at alternatives - something that I honestly did not think we would have to do over a software bug.

This needs to be addressed. It's laughable that you…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 12.1.1 Build 10 - BUG TO FIX

• Audio and video usage drop down menus don't always drop down.

• Premiere sometimes freezes when rendering.

• Solo audio tracks needs toggling to hear audio when a project is opened and sometimes randomly while editing.

• Search box in project window doesn't accept any input.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Premiere from Clearing All markers within a nested sequence

When I move a nested sequence into another nested sequence, sometimes all of my markers that I placed within the nested sequence that I move into the other nested sequence just dissapear and I have to re-input them. Hitting undo will not bring them back, and it's frustrating.

Please look into this issue!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Error When Importing "Some" Identically-Shot Video Clips

I recently purchased Adobe Premiere May 2018, and began having trouble importing some video clips. After a lot of research and trial and error, I see this issue has been going on for the past 4-5 years, if not longer. I've used Premiere on-and-off over the years since v. 3.0, but it's instability is what caused to me use other software over the years.

Error: "The file has found no audio or video streams." Sometimes I also receive a warning dialog box popup n lower right corner of screen stating: "Low level exception (ImporterMpeg: 39)."

I have tried everything (everything)…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Capa de Ajuste y efectos

Cuando a una capa de ajuste que no he puesto en la secuencia, sino que está en la bandeja del proyecto para que sea una especie de preset con un efecto BCC, el Premier Pro se bloquea.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Crash when moving Lumetri Scopes Panel

Hello. My idea is for Premiere Pro not to crash when moving the Lumetri Scopes panel. iMac. April update. Have tried deleting user prefs and cache folder; no help.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't release a bugged software that can't even handle still images

I'm not even trying to do anything with third party plugins but rather just using motion control and lumetri color but frequently Premiere 2018 is having trouble with playback of still images. I'll do something like add a keyframe to control a movement, move it or erase it, and add a keyframe elsewhere, but that old keyframe's effect will still apply even though the effect isn't even there anymore. Also, Lumetri color when applied to a still image (JPG) is causing bugs like the image size to randomly distort.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make workspaces more reliable.

Almost every time I open up PP, multiple workspaces are just blank and don't load. This is quite a timesoak

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pop up menus don't show when using two monitors

Some pop up menus like Timeline Display settings and menus in Export Media window do show when using using two monitor displays. I have to revert to single monitor use, just to access the menus. Can you please fix this asap.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. why the app shut off without any hints

I just a cut a video for 10 hours, and noticed to save the file every 3 mins, but suddenly it just shut off. and when I open it again, everything I did disappeared and go back to 10 hours before!!!! I don't know what to do now, can you just help me out my 10 hour's work

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base