Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have found two annoying bugs recently. How do I report those?

I often see no video upon first establishing a new sequence by dragging a valid video file onto the timeline. Resolved only after saving, work, exiting Premier Pro, then re-launching. There is also a problem I've found when running Logitech Options (my mouse program) when launching Premier Pro - happy to explain. I have a powerful Dell i7 machine not running other software so don't think it's the computer. Is there anyone at Adobe who monitors these notes and chases bugs? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, we monitor User Voice.

As for ‘chasing’ bugs: if you can provide files, and step-by-step instructions on how to generate the issue, we’d be happy to pursue the issue further.

Regarding “often see no video upon first establishing a new sequence by dragging a valid video file onto the timeline”; I can’ reproduce that behavior. Does the same behavior happen with every media type? Does the same behavior happen if you turn off GPU acceleration?

Specifically, what problem(s) have you seen while running LogiOptions? [They’re partners of ours; we helped them build their PPro integration.]

2. Unable to create new Sequence if Control Surface is enabled

If a control surface is active a new sequence cannot be created. The result causes hard crash.

The is repeatable on all our edit systems.

The control surface must be removed. Once done, all operations are normal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GPU support randomly disappears

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

Unsing Windows 10 with the latest Update. Nvidia 1080Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GPU acceleration missing

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

Unsing Windows 10 with the latest Update. Nvidia 1080Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere Pro crashes, if you try to edit track settings of sequence preset

If you have a preset for a sequence and there are 16 audio tracks in it, you cant edit this preset in the "new sequence"-window.
    Premiere will crash if you click on the "track" tab.
    Version: 2020 and 2021
    Platform: iMac Pro 2017 and iMac 2017

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Adobe Player crashing V15.2.0

Random crashing when using In/Out ' on the timeline.

A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player 55)

Previously reported but seemingly ignored. Happens several times a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Buttons, sliders and clips not working properly

This is happening in my both desktop and laptop.
    sometimes moving clips on the timeline I can't see where I move them.
    sliders stay in the same position although I'm changing the values. With button the same as the sliders, change value but doesn't show if it's active or not. Never had this problem before
    Adobe Premiere 15.1.0
    system:
    Windows 10 64bit (version 20H2)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
    32.0 GB ram
    RTX 3080

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Premiere and After Effects memory leak

Premiere and After Effects 2021 start leaking memory as soon as they are opened.
    It doesn't matter what project is open. There can be no projects open, but they start leaking memory immediately. I open activity monitor and the memory just keeps going up indefinitely.

This originally started on Mojave. I tried upgrading to Catalina, same issue. I am now on Big Sure, same issue.
    This basically makes these programs completely unusable.

VERSIONS SEEMINGLY AFFECTED:
    Premiere 14.9 and later
    After effects 17 and later

I have tried:
    - updating Mac OS
    - reinstalling OS
    - formatting hard drive, reinstalling OS…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug in Effects Controls, Lumetri and Timeline - can't click on controls, wont display clips as they drag on timeline, lumetri sliders issue

I have had a bug across the last few versions of Premiere Pro. It occurs in some projects but not others and appears to happen at random. All instances are editing footage from the same 7 cameras, regardless of file format. (h264, prores 422HQ, HEVC etc.)

At some point the UI seems to break, causing the following issues.

Effect Controls: Can't click on effect controls to make adjustments

Timeline: When dragging clips to the timeline or moving clips on the timeline the clip disappears under the mouse pointer until the mouse is released at which point it reappears

Lumetri -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere 15.2 unresponsive when importing any standard still graphics

I'm trying to simply import a graphic into Premiere and put it on the timeline, and when I do, I can't see the playhead when I try to click anywhere on the timeline, and won't show the scrubbing of the video. When I remove the graphic from the timeline, everything's OK again. I tried with different graphics, different formats (JPG, PNG, PSD), all "normal" size graphics for HD for crying out loud, nothing crazy like 32000 pixels or anything - although your software should be able to handle anything in 2021. You've had the ability to import graphics for YEARS…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display Color Management PrPro 15.4

Hello everyone. Tell me, who has encountered the setup of Display Color Management in Pro? Who has problems choosing the right color. How do I need to configure the pipette to work properly? If there are any professional tips?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: Interface in the TEXT panel when editing captions is extremely slow and laggy

When editing captions with the new captions interface, the interface becomes extremely slow to react. Selecting a caption to edit it in the Text panel can take several seconds just to register being selected, than, the caption text is selected, then deselects and then re-selects before being able to type. During the lag, keystrokes revert to keyboard shortcuts causing unwanted edits or changes on the timeline. Quite often, changes that are typed do not register and the caption reverts to the uncorrected text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scrolling through media browser starts eating memory and crashes shortly

Scrolling through media browser starts eating memory and crashes shortly. I can reproduced this 4-5 times and also took a video of it. https://youtu.be/oKX-4ZFoTR8

Version: 15.4
    Step by step: Open a drive in media browser (mine had lots of big files in root folder) and start scrolling until crash.
    Hardware, Ryzen 5900X, Nvidia RTX 2070, scrolled files on a USB 3 drive

I do not have logs, but I did send this also via crash report tool, as sometimes it completely crashes and sometimes it gives the crash report option. I can try things out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Premiere Pro 14.7.0 not crash every time I try to add a marker

When I hit the "M" key to make a marker in my sequence, as of this morning, it crashes Premiere.

I've tried making a new sequence, making a new project, but whatever I try, "M" crashes Premiere.

This is a pretty big problem for me. So please fix it quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Pro release is excellent 15.4, but not the full Voice-text

Thank you so much for the 15.4 update
    I am very glad that the developers were able to hear me and those users of the Premier product, for correcting the current errors and shortcomings. It was about sockets and their associated responsiveness in the effects control panels. In addition, I felt some improved speed and stability when dynamically linking projects with After Effects. Now it works much faster and more smoothly. The main thing is not to break it in the next releases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Every app in Windows 10 loses focus while Premiere Pro is running

This does not happen all the time. I can't tell what causes it to start, but once the problem manifests itself, it is there 100% of the time until I reboot. It then doesn't happen again for a while.

This happens with Premiere Pro 2020 AND the Premiere Pro Beta, both kept up to date.

The issue is this: If Premiere Pro is running, any application or window that has the focus will lose it within a 1-2 seconds, max. If I quit PP, the problem goes away. It does not matter which other apps are currently running (or not).…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Transcription feature w/ Metadata - Not Working with Multicam Sequences

Since interview are mostly multicams. and a critical type of sequence for the transcriptiuons meta data search feature to work on properly. the use of the meta data to search something the editor recolects being said - type it into the text field and have it jump to that spot in the time line is brilliant. But it does not ye work properly where it is perhaps needed most : In Multicam interview sequences. Usining markers and generating them ect. takes a lot of time - this feature is awesome - I had to delete all from my project for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere pro crashes every time I try and open the last project I was working on.

Premiere pro beta crashes every time I open the last project I am working on. It opened the timeline and then I get the spinning beach ball and I can't do anything. Sometimes I can force quit the program and when it comes up and asks to recover the project, that will work. I can not get it to open the project any other way currently.

I am running version 15.4.0 Beta (build 12) on an M1 Mac mini with 16gb of ram.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to make two successfull renders one after the other

Premiere Pro made the render successfully once, but I rerun the same render a second time, then a third and it stops half way.

I checked my computer performance process, nothing wrong during the render. In the attachment, the two files are the exact same video rendered (I just added 30 seconds at the end of the second), but the second it slightly smaller (and shorter) than the first, though the explorer tells the duration is fine.
    The second will stop reading at 29'39" which leads to nothing in the project.
    No effect, no color grading, as you can see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base