Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

879 results found

1. How can we improve Premiere pro? Make it actually function without cashing..... might be a good start!

Stop "improving" your product and make something that will actually load. This can't be real... right? Who updates a product to a non-functional product?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. DO NOT REMOVE MY PRESETS!!!!!

When auto updates happen try not removing my previously saved presets. All of my custom export setting are gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Premiere locks up for 10 seconds when I select the edge of a clip to edit it - when it comes back all the clips are black.

Premiere locks up for 10 seconds when I select the edge of a clip to edit it - when it comes back all the clips are black. Have to use a previous version of the project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Big project always crashing (many morph cuts)

I have a big Premiere project for a video course with about 400 sequences (will be around 8 hours of a final cut, 40 hours of raw material), many morph cuts and lots (!) of sudden crashes (with Adobe Crash Reporter, no system errors).

The very helpful German Adobe support went with me through all the usual stuff (emptying caches, different admin user, stronger hardware, performance tweaks etc.), but nothing helped.

It is a team project, but is also crashes as local project and with other users. Hardware seems not to be the issue since it crashes on a top…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Audio ducking stays ducked when it shouldn't

Most of the generated keyframes are correct, but randomly it will duck and then not unduck until the next place to duck comes. This wasn't a problem until the last few versions of Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Premiere Pro not refreshing properly after detatching Workspace tabs

Program: Premiere Pro
    Version: 22.6.1

After a fresh install on a new machine Premiere pro starts in the learning Workspace. If a user detatches the timeline from the main program window (not tested with other workspace tabs) and moves it onto another monitor and then switches to another Workspace (e. g. Essentials) the whole main program window stops refreshing properly (Only if playback is running some workspace tabs are being refreshed) Only if you leave the maximized view (under Windows) the main program window starts refreshing again.
    Users can solve this issue by going through all the steps…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. M1 Playback delay and slow encoding.

When pressing space bar with h264 footage on latest premiere pro versions (beta included) it will take like 3 to 10 millisceonds to playback the footage which is annoying. And the encoding is slower than my laptop with a 1070 gpu. M1 Is not supposed to be faster? It looks really slow. Final Cut is faster. I'm using Mac Mini M1 16gb ram. Tried rosetta aswell and no differences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. video goes out of sync with audio after it is paused and then resumed

i'm retiming the audio of a long video, it goes for about and hour and a half, and i've been noticing since yesterday that when i pause the video at a certain point then resume it the video plays back with a lot of latency.

going back about 30 seconds and resuming from there temporarily mitigates the issue, but it desyncs again when paused.

i have tried rolling back my premiere pro version as far as i think i can while retaining compatibility and the issue remains.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Projects in timeline disappearing for the second time in a year!!

My Mac has the latest Adobe CC installed, Premiere, AE, Photoshop etc. Last week I used Premiere without issue. There should be a whole list of recent projects for the last month... I know that if I remove a drive, or move files to a new folder, the recent projects that no longer appear to be present, won't show... but in this case, I haven't moved anything, all projects are stored on the PC's internal SSD or through the companys. Yet I start Premiere and recent projects is blank. Very concerned about this as I had important projects stored and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Premiere Pro 22.6 bug.. won't open project without crashing on intel Mac

Downloaded 22.6 When I try to open a project from the project pane after booting up PP it crashes Im on a 2019 15" intel MBP 8 core i9 with 23gb and 560x gpu. Monterey 12.4 Went back to 22.5 and it works fine. this is an issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Importing files by dragging and dropping folders doesn't work anymore.

Premiere is bugged and no longer adheres to the folder structure you create when dragging and dropping multiple folders into your project, and instead creates a jumbled mess of all the files from the various folders. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Version 23.0 problems with timeline.

Version 23.0 comes with problems of stability. Each certain time the timeline doesn't work in any canvas or sequence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import/Export Bug

Over the past two weeks or so, any time I need to import, export or Save As, Adobe Premiere Pro seizes up. It acts as if a new window has opened, but there is no window, and it doesn't allow me to proceed. On occasion I've lost progress on my project. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. lagging when tracks locked and using text in 2023

there's a bug within 2023 premiere where if you lock 3/4 tracks the timeline performance tanks until you unlock those tracks while the preview remains stable. this is also sort of seen within the text editor and having to interact with text in the view port causing the pc to severally tank

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Black Screen Program Monitor

When color grading with Lumetri, the Program monitor glitches after a few seconds and then goes black. An export attempt results in an Error Compiling Movie dialog box. At no other time and in no other window does this error happen. Only when color grading. This began immediately after updating to Version 22.5.0 (Build 62). I'm running a GTX 1650 with 4GB of video memory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug: the playhead jumps to random points in the timeline when I press play.

I've never had this issue before until the latest update (22.5.0). It happens randomly but not infrequently. It's very cumbersome to deal with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multicam sequence is so unstable!

I'm using a Windows 11 system.

Crashing and some strange bugs appear when editing clips inside of a Multicam sequence. I usually nest each track in a Multicam sequence and apply Lumetri Color to them.

1. PPro often crashes when changing the effects value of a clip inside of a Multicam sequence. (regardless of how many levels of nesting) In many cases, PPro makes a recovery project and crashes. This can be prevented by displaying the clip on the source monitor.

2. Historying is not working inside of a Multicam sequence. So Undo/Redo feature is not working.

3. Toggling invisible track to visible…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Audio playback on .MTS audio is intermittent in 22.6.2

Will be working on a project for a while, audio is fine, and then go to Chrome or something, come back and it's not playing back any of the .MTS audio - the timeline will play but no sound will come out from those tracks. Other audio tracks are playing fine, nothing has changed on the timeline. Wait around for a while and it'll start randomly working again.
    Constantly going on and off all day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PP 22.0 bogs down with Fuji X-T4 footage

CPU (Ryzen 7 2700 @4ghz) shoots up to between 90 and 100%, and RAM fills up abnormally when playing back Fuji X-T4 footage in PP 22.0. Video decode on RTX 2080 Super seems unreasonably low with CUDA enabled, disabling CUDA doesn't change anything. Video playback gets stuck on starting frame, audio does keep playing, but things get so bogged down pressing pause doesn't actually pause things for about half a minute.

Rolling back to 15.4.2 makes things smooth as butter again. CPU sits at 5-8% usage, RAM doesn't shoot up much, and GPU's video decode is nice and active.

I'm…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Team Projects Auto-Save still failing regularly

I'm been working with the Team Projects engineering team on this for a while now. There was supposedly a fix in 22.5, but the issue continues to rear it's head.

Team Projects is failing to Auto-save frequently. Sometimes it will throw up the warning, at least giving us a chance to create a manual snapshot of the project.

But many times the auto-save fails without notification, and when changes are pulled down timelines are reverted to previous states and hours of work are lost. To ask us to create a manual local project backup every time we need to receive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base