Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand Populated Bins

expand populated bins-
    at work we use project templates with many bins already created to sort media. My idea is to use a function similar to hitting "U" in After Effects' timeline, and only open/expand bins that are currently populated. (when the project tab is selected, or multiple bins are selected?)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save timeline as a project with relative footage and nested sequences

When you have a lot of timelines, each with a lot of nested sequence, project manager doesn't collect them and the relative footage (or other nested sequences). I have to select ALL sequence and consolidate them, but it is not helpful, because the footage in sequence not used will be copied, with a bin full of unused footage and timelines.

A great thing would be: i select the interested timeline and this will save all the relative footage, nested and subnested sequence and footage, dynamic link, ecc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug report premiere pro

Me and my colleagues use after effects projects within adobe premiere for animated titles. Since the latest update, this does not work properly. When we open previous projects, we can not change the words anymore. Also the fonts are different to what we created in after effects.

We're all having trouble getting work done, because we constantly have to go back into after effects to render our titles. This is a huge problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Media Start TC in Project Bin

Allow users to change the Media Start and Media End timecode for sequences / timelines within the Project Bin themselves (just as we are able to change the Video In / Out Points).

This would speed up workflow and simplify, especially when needing to alter multiple timelines' starting TC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Duplicating project media; open in source monitor immediately

When duplicating media in project panel, automatically open the duplicate in source monitor to speed up labelling and organising media into bins process. When labelling media, don't set the next clips to rename straight away; just highlight them

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Never disable backup auto-save

When the creative cloud app 'needs an update', it stops syncing my files, and my auto-save to creative cloud folder does not happen as a result.

This tends to happen without notification, but is annoying that it happens at all.

It would be great if we could set a location for this backup project file save, even if it wasn't in the creative cloud folder. Just specifying another location would be great. But NEVER turn it off without us telling it to!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Saving Downgrade just like After Effect

Please have a feature of saving a downgrade version of the project file just like Adobe After Effect . Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team Projects autosave functionality in regular projects

The autosave feature in Team Projects is just phenomenal—most notably how effortlessly and frequently it creates versions and the Time Machine-like way in which you scrub through them.

It is far superior to the standard Premiere way of saving a file at a set interval (and interrupting editing to do so) without any efficient way to scrub through version history.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bin Panels

When opening new bins from project panel, have them open in their own bin panel instead of defaulting to float. Have the ability to add this new "bin panel" from the windows menu.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saving project takes a lot of time

WIth the latest version, if Premiere is open for a while, when I manually CTRL+S my project it takes too much time (about 10 seconds). If I close the app and reload, saving take as usual 1-2 seconds. Maybe a memory issue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. opening a new project gives you 5 windows

When you open a new project, it opens 5 different panels of the same project. PLEASE FIX. Also, the timeline never stays the same size when I re open Premiere - I have to always drag the top down underneath the playback windows.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere Pro 22 Incompatibilities

I have been structuring a rolling project on Adobe Premiere 2021/v15. I recently updated my MacBook Pro to Monterey, which came almost at the same time as when the entire Adobe Suite upgraded to version 22.

My project contained linked Compositions from After Effects, as well as pre-rendered ones. The entire project was stored on an external NVMe, with some pre-renders inside the local drive.

When Premiere asked me to convert the project, I selected a new filename. The next thing that happened is that it had lost much of the files that were located in the same place. It…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. reveal multiple clips in project

Basically- what's needed is a way to find multiple clips in the project (ie select clips in the timeline and view them in the project panel), or even just copy them to a bin.

This would help with this instance, as well as exporting only needed files for other programs, and cleaning up the project (say, if you wanted to delete everything you're not using from the project.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY RE-WRITE 'PROJECT MANAGER'?

Mac OS 10.15.7, Premiere 2021 (15.2.0 Build 35)

FIX PROJECT MANAGER.

I've been doing a little looking around, wasting valuable billing time trying to make sense of why the Project Manager is such a piece of shite.

So here's what I discovered yesterday...

I attempted to Collect and Copy a problemetic project, which has failed before. And it failed again, but not before I got a glimpse of the stupid way you've coded this routine.

What I did was watch the Finder during the progress of the Project as it was collected and copied to the new location. Premiere began…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A Quick Start "Saved Template" for Project Bin Set Up.

I start my projects the same way every time. I am highly organized and have a system to keep things organized. I have to rebuild the project set-up every single time. Unless I missed it, I can't find a way to start a project with my bin template already there. I click it and I simply add the files.
    My set up:
    Bin:
    01 Sequences
    02 Footage
    03 Music
    04 Graphics
    05 Dynamic Links
    06 Screen Recordings
    07 Misc.

I have to build this each time. Please allow us the option to make a template for Preferred organization. 1 click,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting new PP

I can't edit anything in Premiere Pro after updating to 22.0, even reverting back to old version does not fix. All video only plays as audio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PPro 22.0 won’t ship for a few years; we recently released 14.5. :)

From what previous version did you upgrade? The ‘video plays as audio’ sounds like it might be the result of OS-level changes to codec support; what format, and codec, are the failing files? [Do all video files just play audio?]

17. Premiere 2020 Not able to open saved projects.

I have to create a new project, import my old project files and then pick up where I left off. Sometimes when I close and try to open the new project, it will not open and then I have to re-do the process. There are times when the new project with the imported materials will open just fine.

I have cleared my cache. Rebooted my computer. I have not reinstalled Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro CC Project Manager - Not copying all the files!

For the last few months, I've been asked to work from home from time to time due to the pandemic.

I have used the Project Manager to copy an edit in progress from our network storage server to my PC's internal hard drive. It's a really great tool that saves alot of time...sometimes.

A rather large project I am doing color work on - the project manager finished succesfully with no errors. I got home with my project, fired up PP and opened the project.

To my suprise there was footage in the wrong places on the timeline and some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base