Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default project

I would love to see an option in the Preferences to choose a default project layout/template.

After Effects already has this option (See screenshot), and I would like to use it for Premiere Pro as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flatten multicam option when managing project

Media managing sequences containing multicam clips currently consolidates/transcodes the entire source clips, rather than the sections used.

Should be normal practice to only consolidate the sections used, with an option to ‘include all angles in a multicam clip’ but not do the whole clips.

Currently using ‘flatten’ before consolidating but really this is a backwards step.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Empty bins from clips imported from another project cannot be deleted

when you copy-paste clips from one project to another, the source bin is also imported into the project containing the pasted clips . . . but it appears empty - as if you have removed the clips
    If you go to delete the bin, you get a warning and the clips get deleted as well.
    Clearly a bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have option to enlarge preview thumbnail on project panel.

As of now, the preview thumbnail on the project panel is pretty much useless, given the size of the thumbnail window shown. To get a good look at a selected clip, one must open said clip on the viewer. This adds two additional steps to the process of properly previewing a file (shift+O to open clip on the viewer, Shift+1 to go back to Project Panel).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have PPro collect project files like After Effects

I have been waiting for YEARS for Premiere Pro to collect a project like After Effects does. I doesn't just through all the files into one folder, but respects the AE Project Panel folder hierarchy.
    Throwing all of the Premiere Project assets into one folder along with the project panel makes it **** to go back and find one item. Please?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put clips in the right order when dragging to sequence

In an older version of Premiere, if I imported 100 clips, I could click on clip #1 and then shift-click on clip#100, drag them to the sequence, and it put them in the right order.
    Now, it doesn't. I've been through support on this and they are able to recreate the problem.
    The "fix" is to click-drag-select the clips in the order I want, but when I have 100 clips, this really isn't easy. Plus... it used to work, now it doesn't. Now, it just puts them in a random order.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio tracks muted

If i open my Projects, some Audiotracks are muted, but i don't set it to mute or solo-state. If i toggle a mute or solo-button, it goes back to original state.

It looks like a bug, since newer Versions of PP and its very ugly, if you have a lot of timelines in your Project. ;-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. バージョンの下位互換を可能にして下さい

数年前からメジャーアップデートを行うと、古いバージョンで開かなくなっているかと思いますが、今回からマイナーバージョンアップデートでも古いバージョンで開かなくなりました。

企業で使用している為、様々なバージョンを使用している人とプロジェクトファイルのやりとりをします。
    また、IT管理者がいないと個人がバージョンアップを自由には行えません。
    急に最新バージョンのプロジェクトデータを開かなくてはいけなくなった時、とても困ります。
    逆に、別の人にプロジェクトデータを渡す時、こちらが先に最新にしてしまっていると先方が開けないという事態も多々起こります。
    他の企業はどのようにして運用しているのでしょうか?
    このままでは、複数Creative Cloudアカウントを保有している企業では、Creative Cloudの使用は困難ではないかと思います。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A better emergency Save in the event of a crash

Sometimes it doesn't do anything. Especially since 2018. If you're not going to make stability rock-solid - make the emergency Save flawless.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Reassociate master clips

We also have a problem here with reassociating master clips
    In our case an external editor has edited a sequence outside of our production in Final Cut Pro X. Hes's given us an XML (converted with XtoCC). I've tried several ways to tie this edit into my production:

1 - Create a new projekt in my production
    - import XML and leave all footage offline
    - reassociate clips in timeline to Masterclips which is in a seperate footage project inside of our production

2 - Create a new projekt in my production
    - import XML and link footage to local…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Project Manager

Please please fix the bugs with project manager! It keeps giving me error message after error message and I've tried everything in the forums. This is SUCH a necessary tool for project management and delivering projects to colorists. It's so surprising how buggy it is!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project Manager: Collect Files while preserving original folder structures

I desperately wished Premiere's "Collect Files and Copy to New Location" feature would have an option to preserve the folder structure of the original files when copying them to the Destination Path.

Unfortunately tapeless workflows have made proper media management practices a total nightmare, especially when working with outside editors or clients who do not have sensible media management systems in place. This often results in media with duplicate filenames, etc., and as a conformist/colorist, I need to be able to determine the type of media (original camera format, shoot date, proxy/original transcode status etc) based on the information in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. smart folders: Premiere follows the finder folder structure and updates automatically

smart folders: if you chose you can make it so that adobe follows the finder folder structure and when you add media to the finder folders it populates the bins in your PP browser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't open all sequences when refreshing Productions projects

Currently, when I refresh a productions project, it opens every single timeline that was open when it was saved. That means, if an AE is working in the project and saves it, and I refresh it, I get inundated with every single sequence they had open. It's a minor annoyance but seems like a no brainer that if someone is refreshing they just want the updated project, not the open sequences.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Can't Rename anything in Projects Bin List View 14.0.1

In the projects bin, I'm completely unable to rename any asset.

No, the project is not in read-only mode.

Workaround is to switch out of List View and into Icon View. Now everything is renamable

Premiere Pro 14.0.1, Windows 10 up-to-date

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Not working: "New -> Project -> Browse"

After installing new Mac OS Catalina 10.15, i can't choose project location for my new project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Bug] Premiere Pro Crashes When You Click Import

Sometimes when you click import in Project>Import Premiere Pro Crashes this happens also when you double click project panel this happens sometimes but it's really annoying honestly it's a critical bug in my opinion and should be fixed as soon as possible

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. auto-delete all empty bins

Just like there's a "remove unused" option, there should also be a "delete empty bins" option. When I want to organize a project, the "remove unused" can be very handy, but then it often leaves me with many empty bins, which I need to delete one by one. A single button to delete all empty bins from folder would be great.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base