Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Correct audio issues in 12.1

Audio issues rampant., particularly with Multicam syncs and the resulting sequences. Audio does not play through hardware yet meters are moving. Solo/Unsolo sometimes makes it work. Paths are incorrect for audio channels in new sequences, corrections are not repeatable. Sometimes you get a fix on the audio and get it to play then quit the project, reopen and no audio playback. A nightmare. Look at the forums.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce Project feature from After Effects

In After Effects, you can select compositions in the Project panel and run Reduce Project. This command will remove all footage, solids, and other compositions that are not referenced in the selected compositions. It would be nice to have this feature in Premiere.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow nested sequences to be shared across projects in Productions

Currently if you have a sequence you can used it as a nested sequence across multiple projects in a Production, without the sequence getting duplicated to each project.

It would great if sequences were treated like out assets and shared between projects to reduce redundancy.

I have older projects that I still access but are large and very slow to load and work on, covering them to Productions has sped them up massively but I now have nested sequences duplicated across multiple projects which is a headache to maintain.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically Sync media to merged clips

When synchronising large amounts of audio and video, working solely from the timeline or creating merged clips one-by-one is messy and tedious. Ideally, it should be possible to automatically synchronise media from a bin or the project panel, so a pile of separate audio and video becomes a neat list of synchronised merged clips.

Avid has this sorted with their AutoSync feature, which has existed for years. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4frJqkc5EI) This feature looks and works much like Premiere's existing 'Synchronise' option, except that rather than synchronising media on a timeline, it acts on media selected in a bin, and creates…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premier Pro caption tool saves and then opens one frame off

Hi, when we save changes to a project file using caption tool it re-opens one frame less or shifted. Project file is attached and we've tried on multiple machines with the same result. Please help!

Jordan

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to disable auto-linking media

Auto-linking of media is causing me a lot of headaches and I just wish I could disable it.

Auto-anything is bad in general, especially when the user has no control over it and it happens automatically and without warning. Premiere's auto-linking has made a mess out of my projects just by opening them in a different location and then saving not realising it has tried to be smarter than it actually is.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team Projects Won't Load Large Projects

The screenshot I attached shows what it gets stuck on.

When I'm loading a large tea project, it loads everything so fast except for the bar that says "preparing team projects for editing".

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to team projects and this prevents me from creating a real collaborative workflow with my show.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Media Import and Media Management

Premiere Pro needs to provide either a free copy of Prelude with the subscription of Premiere OR integrate Prelude. Davinci Resolve has a fantastic import and media management built into the program, and while I like the editing functionality of Premiere, importing, meta-data and managing media I feel is better within Davinci resolve.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clip / Timeline Labels (Colors) between shared projects or imported into new projects.

When dragging footage between two projects (whether a shard project in a master project or between two unshared projects) the Label color doesn't travel with the footage. This is highly problematic as we organize our footage by color (drone footage is Mango etc) so that we can see what kind of footage or which speaker we're using. Unfortunately all of our work has been done in a master lifting project and doesn't translate into our individual edit timelines. This is a must have for us.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consolidate All Footage feature from After Effects

It would be nice to see After Effects' Consolidate All Footage feature added to Premiere. If the same file has been imported into After Effects multiple times, this function consolidates all instances of the file so it only exists in the Project panel once. All instances of the file in different compositions are preserved.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. expand/collapse all sub-bins

In the Project panel, it would be great if there were a way to expand and collapse all sub-bins/folders within a bin/folder. This would significantly speed up workflows that involve media that automatically generate bins/folders, such as R3D files that exceed the camera's file system limit of 4 GB per clip. Since the clips are automatically re-stitched in Premiere, I really just need to get at one of those clips in each of the sub-bins. Currently, I have to expand all sub-bins individually. In my mind, this could be a right-click feature—right click on the parent bin, and there'd be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX YOUR PROJECT MANAGER

It is unfathomable that in 2019 we still have to waste sooooo much of our time with this broken archaic tool!! I keep getting error message upon error message when i try to simply copy sound files over. You should be able in the first part to just select the clips you want to consolidate, right clip and then boom. Like FCP7 has been able to do for the last decade of it's life. Why in god's name do we only have the option to select sequences??? And to top it all off, it doesnt even work as error message…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now that you can open Merged Clips in a timeline, make it possible to convert Merged Clips to Multicamera Source Sequences

Another way to help make it so that projects that were created using Merged Clips will still have the powerful editing capabilities of a Multicamera Source Clip would be to be able to simply select and convert them in the bins.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. consolidate duplicate master clips

no duplicate master clip imports.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: "Save As... " closes project

In the current version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Version 12.1.1 (Build 10)) if you go to "File -> Save As..." and save the project, upon completion it closes the project down, which is rather annoying.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Proxy toggle off feature during project collection

It seems like there is not a feature to NOT collect proxies when you collect say a 'Culled Selects sequence' and all you want to collect is the original media and clips.

It would be nice to have a toggle that turns off the copying of all project proxies.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Set Default Export Location Per Project

I work on multiple projects for multiple clients, and each project has a unique folder on my drive, and each project has its own export folder. Premiere Pro always defaults to the last used export folder. Would be a lot easier if I could set my export folder per project, when I set it up. I hardly change where I'm exporting anything, except between projects. I'm pretty sure Final Cut Pro 7 did it like this and I miss it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video Usage doesn't work in Productions

If you a Production with two Projects
    1. Contains all your footage
    2. Contains your sequences where you are using the footage

In this scenario, the video usage metadata column for the footage project says the footages hasn't been used in any sequences. Obviously, it is unable to look across Projects in a Production. It's another oversight which makes Productions harder to use.

Will this get fixed in the future or is this another Productions issue we have to work around?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base