Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Poster Frame with subclips doesn't work since last update NOV 2019 :(

I create a subclip and i cant organize my documentary material. Thats make my angry

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shared projects

Create a functioning Shared Project workflow for editors collaborting on shared storage that does NOT include importing new versions of all clips into every project they are used in.

This function must use some sort of master clip file or database that all attached shared projects reference for the shared project workflow to be viable.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search bins

Request: Improve and support more robust "Search Bins" functions

• Currently does not seem to accommodate ("contains", "is", "is not", "begins with", "ends with", wildcards, etc.).

• It accommodates searching a total of 21 specific XMP metadata properties plus the umbrella "All Metadata", but a far cry from the huge array of XMP properties available. User-added custom XMP properties are nowhere to be had. That not only reduces its power, it would seem to contradict PPro's otherwise gregarious embrace of MetaData management.

• The only access to editing the search terms seems to be via context-clicking the Search Bin from the Project Panel.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multiple sequence rendering

Please add the render that can be done in multiple sequences. Since I wants to render the 4k videos during the night in different projects, because each render takes hour, and I wants to done that when I'm sleeping, but if so, there will be more than enough time to render another project's video too, so I really wants you guys to add that feature in, please, rendering for multiple projects/sequences.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Collect project with folder structure

Hi! I really miss the ability to Collect/Consolidate/Transcode a project with the folder structure intact instead of getting a folder containing every file in a big pile. After Effects has this feature and yes, its possible to go that route, but it would save me so much time to do this i PP directly.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easier to import sequences without duplicated media. Also give an option to link clips already previously ingested into Premiere.

Please make it easier to link identical clips to sequences.

Also there should be an option to manually relink to clips already in the Premiere project file in case of error.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please allow cooperation with each editing software "migration of sequence data".

Please allow cooperation with each editing software "migration of sequence data".
    I would like to exchange sequences with Avid and EDIUS using AAF or XML. However, at present, its accuracy is too low to use. Finalcut Pro 7 was highly accurate with interaction with other software. While there are many users who are transitioning from Finalcut Pro 7 to Premiere Pro, the fact that this function can not be used is a considerable disadvantage.
    各編集ソフトとの連携「シーケンスデータの移行」ができるようにしてほしい。
    AAF or XMLを使用してAvidやEDIUSとシーケンスをやりとりしたいが、現状ではその精度低すぎて使用できない。FinalcutPro7は他のソフトとやりとりが精度が高かった。FinalcutPro7からPremiereProに移行してくるユーザーが多い中、この機能が稼動できないのはかなりのデメリットになる。

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. increment

when duplicating a sequence (editV01) it would be cool if we would end up with a "editV02" copy of the original.

at the moment it generates "editV01copy 01"

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project manager and ARRI Alexa Mini files - cannot transcode-trim files

Project manager and ARRI Alexa Mini files - cannot transcode-trim files. These files have 5 audio channels, so Premiere will only copy, not consolidate files. When there are fewer audio channels. Project Manager works. This 5-channel configuration cannot be altered in-camera.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Abilitity to add descriptions to bins

It'd be nice to have the ability to enter text in the Description field for Bins and not just media. Thanks.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to generate an exportable list of used media in a project or sequence and their file paths

Being able to see the file paths for offline media in the Relink panel is extremely helpful sometimes -- can we get something like this for media that's not offline? Basically just a list of used media for a project or sequence, along with the file paths to that media, in a exportable/printable pdf format.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sorting option for project bins in Icon View.

Currently, when you switch a project bin view to thumbnails, the clips are arranged randomly without the ability to sort them.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upon Project Import, clips in Timeline not linking to clips in Project

Upon importing one project into another, if "Allow Duplicate Media" is NOT selected, the program SHOULD see what media is in use in the timelines imported, and if already in project, link the timeline clips to that media.

I just discovered an instance in which Premiere does NOT create a duplicate clip, however, it doesn't actually link the clip in the timeline to the clip in the project panel - as you can see in this screencap, the clip name AS8A2568 is in the timeline, but the "Video Usage" is a 0 in the project panel, and "reveal in project"…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transcriptions exporting to Word Doc

After a clip has been transcribed, it would be very helpful to be able to export that transcription to a Word Doc so editors can share with creatives for making paper cuts / outlines

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improved Project Management

Suggestion for better project management in Premiere

We are a post-production facility with 50 copies of Premiere. One the the most difficult things to establish is proper project management. We had in place a set of custom built utilities that could change the various cache folders in Premiere automatically at startup, but this stopped working when the Premiere API broke these functions over a year ago. It would be more desirable to be able to set these things within Premiere itself in a manner that allows customization by a facility. Here are my suggestions:

Currently, Premiere's "Project Settings" contains seven…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Source Monitor should remember open sources, especially pancake timelines

Pancake timelines are one of the most useful features in Premiere Pro. They also take time to set up. Editors open multiple timelines in the Source Monitor, Open in Timeline, arrange pancake timelines, and order their timelines. Then they can work. The problem is that Premiere does not remember what is open in the Source Monitor when you save and quit. So when the project reloads, there will be a random timeline or two open in the Program Monitor and they have to set up all over again. On a complex project this eats time (not to mention doing it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not replace mapped drives with UNC paths

Premiere Pro replaces mapped drive letters with their UNC paths for imported media. This is wrong. Drive letters should be treated as aliases to actual locations and not be replaced by some arbitrary path that can and does change in some environments. At least provide an option for mapped drives to save drive letter and not the underlying UNC path.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base