Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Consolidate not consolidating; excluding not excluding

Ok…thoroughly confused about Project Management
    as it relates to copying and CONSOLIDATING files.

Goal: take a sequence of video files, consolidate them
    and export an AAF file for colour correction by a third party elsewhere.
    Should be pretty straightforward, yes?

Previously I have had problems where I would get an error
    the moment I tried to consolidate a sequence AND check “exclude unused clips”.
    It would give me an error and then stop.
    I attributed this to the weirdness of using Avid media on a system not yet blessed by Avid to use
    and didn’t have Media Composer or its…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers.
    Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw
    We can see that this inside the .prproj XML :

<ClipLoggingInfo ObjectID="40" ClassID="77ab7fdd-dcdf-465d-9906-7a330ca1e738" Version="8">
        <ClipName>A005_01231137_C004.braw</ClipName>
        <MediaInPoint>1577778048000000</MediaInPoint>
        <MediaOutPoint>1621427734080000</MediaOutPoint>
        <MediaFrameRate>10594584000</MediaFrameRate>
        <TimecodeFormat>110</TimecodeFormat>
    </ClipLoggingInfo>

is changed to this
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. bug premiere pro - captions

Latest version of premiere.
    Open Captions, line spacing is set to 50. I change it to 100. Works fine on timeline. I save the project file and re-open and it reverts to 50 again. Tried multiple times, won't save the change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. media cache files

One option for media cache files: delete media cache files for each project individuality

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug report: Premiere Pro 2020 re-loading all media on project launch

For any project created in Premiere CC 2019 and converted to Premiere 2020, all media is loaded on every launch of the projects. It does this on the bottom status bar and while you could try to work with the project during this time it is not ideal. For 4000 media items, this is taking about an hour before I can work with the project. Please resolve so that once the media has been loaded, and the project saved, the media does not need to re-load on the next launch.

MacBook Pro 15-inch 2019, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, 2.3 GHz Intel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Renommer ne fonctionne plus

Dans la fenêtre projet, impossible de renommer les éléments, que ce soit en reclic ou via la fonction "renommer" en clic droit !
    Depuis la mise à jour 2020.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Render off part of a screen (not the time line)

I would like a feature to render off part of a screen. For example be able to split the screen into 4 section and render off each section as it's own clip.

There are methods to get round by splitting the 4 sections onto separate layers, but this require extensive mucking about if the original clip needs to be edited again. You'll have to go back to the original footage, edited it and resetup the layer to render out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a converter to open pre-CS5 Premiere files on Mac

I've been working in Premiere for decades, and in the process have upgraded both hardware and software. I've switched from PCs to Macs as part of those upgrades and am still running Premiere. I've been diligent about archiving my old project files. When I recently had to revisit a project I hadn't touched since 2007 when I was still using Windows, I discovered the Mac version of Premiere 2019 won't open the file. Adobe support was able to open the file on their Windows-based PCs, but there's no solution for me since I don't have Windows or PCs. I'd like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. #ProjectSmoothOperator

Yes, I like project smooth operator. I just hope it won't take hours to process a few seconds of video. I edit hours of presentations, so it would be a nightmare. I edit my videos to split screen videos. The video is a medium shot of the speaker and besides them is their powerpoint presentation. Sometimes the speaker walk out of frame and I have to key frame them into the frame. It's a very tedious task to go through hours of footage. Yes, I like some automation to keep them in the frame.

I currently go through the footage…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. On new versions, STOP FORCING ME TO RENAME PROJECTS

As it is now, when adobe update premiere, when i am then opening a project, adobe automatically forces me to rename the project, so i end up with several versions of the same project. STOP THAT!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ingest Footage Copied From other open Projects

When I have multiple projects open, and I copy/paste footage from one project's timeline into another's, the footage should INGEST into the second project so that it can live within that project's file structure. This could be an option in the Ingest panel which would simply be a check box that says something like: Ingest Footage Copied From Other Projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [BUG] Premiere Pro Locks Up on Save As... 13.1.1 Build 11

On Adobe Premiere Pro 2019, 13.1.1 Build 11, the following issue occurred:

I clicked File --> Save As... --> and the window that was supposed to pop up as a file browser to save the project did not appear. I attempted to restart windows explorer to see if this would help. It didn't.

I was unable to save and forced to close Premiere Pro, losing 43 minutes of editing time.

The behavior was as if the window were open but invisible and inaccessible. I couldn't Alt-Tab to it. The Premiere Pro GUI was present but locked and made the typical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Project Manager built for taking projects on-the-go and return, not just archive.

Here's the situation. I have a 2TB project. Client wants revisions made while I'm on the road - fortunately, I'm only using 2% of media in final edit, and even then, can edit with proxy files, so it's easy to get my project down to a few hundred GBs to take on the road. We use project manager, only export a couple timelines, transcode, and VOILA! It's great and works well (although better progress bar indications would be nice.)

HOWEVER, if I ever want to RE-LINK or RE-MERGE my changes BACK into my original project file on desktop edit environment,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. NO clips in my timeline

When I open a saved Pr Project It shows no clips in my timeline!! This is so disappointing. I contacted customer support and received no reply.
    This is not what I paid for!! Seeking immediate help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. by completing the features to enable full conversion into new cloud version project (ex titles w logos)

by completing the features to enable full conversion from previous version CS5/6 project into new cloud version. Examples:

1. Titles do not convert when logos have been imported; related error message box in cloud version is empty with no explanation for error

2. Cannot select specific items that cloud version is having difficulty locating...the cloud c\version decides what to force you to "locate" for it...so for item 1 above as one example, cloud version cannot convert previous file if title had logo imported in previous version because it does not allow you to skip locating the item it has selected for you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Opening a project with only proxies. When trying to reconnect offline media "link media" only asks for originals, not proxies.

Opening a project with only proxies proves difficult. When trying to reconnect offline media, "link media" only asks for originals, not proxies. As I only have the proxies availiable, this is an issue. The proxy button pressed or not pressed, link media only asks for the originals. It would be nice to be able to specify which of the two I want to link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base