Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clip Audio Channel Modifications - Import into Project

If clips have their default audio channel configurations changed, these changes are not brought over when the clips are imported into new projects. This includes moving clips among different projects in a production.

Even though the channel assignments are kept in timelines, the source clips are reset to default configurations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transcriptions exporting to Word Doc

After a clip has been transcribed, it would be very helpful to be able to export that transcription to a Word Doc so editors can share with creatives for making paper cuts / outlines

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting new PP

I can't edit anything in Premiere Pro after updating to 22.0, even reverting back to old version does not fix. All video only plays as audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PPro 22.0 won’t ship for a few years; we recently released 14.5. :)

From what previous version did you upgrade? The ‘video plays as audio’ sounds like it might be the result of OS-level changes to codec support; what format, and codec, are the failing files? [Do all video files just play audio?]

5. Manage the Autosave vault in Team Projects Local Hub

If I understand it correctly it's currently an ever-escalating object storage bin... that grows and grows until it eats the whole hard drive and renders editing systems useless.... And deleting or moving it threatens the stability of the root Team Project.

I'd like an off-ramp.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. duplicate increment version

Hey,

if we duplicate in AE we get an incrementation of the version number.
    In Premiere we get xxxxx copy 01 as standard.
    I find that annoying.
    What if we make this consistent in the products?
    If we copy a project layer and the layer has a number in its name
    then you get it incremented.
    If no number is there we get a number and if we dupe this we get an
    increment.

Who else is part of this incremental journey and gives this idea a hug.

kind regards

Peter

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere 2020 Not able to open saved projects.

I have to create a new project, import my old project files and then pick up where I left off. Sometimes when I close and try to open the new project, it will not open and then I have to re-do the process. There are times when the new project with the imported materials will open just fine.

I have cleared my cache. Rebooted my computer. I have not reinstalled Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give the ability to access project settings for project in a production

When I have a project open inside a production I can't access the project settings. They are greyed out. I really want to be able to change the option "Display the project item name and label color for all instances"

I am on version 14.3.2

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Premiere Pro CC Project Manager - Not copying all the files!

For the last few months, I've been asked to work from home from time to time due to the pandemic.

I have used the Project Manager to copy an edit in progress from our network storage server to my PC's internal hard drive. It's a really great tool that saves alot of time...sometimes.

A rather large project I am doing color work on - the project manager finished succesfully with no errors. I got home with my project, fired up PP and opened the project.

To my suprise there was footage in the wrong places on the timeline and some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import Groups from Libraries organized ito folders

Hope to be able to import groups from Libraries organized into folders as weel with group name converted to folder name in projects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix "Reassociate Master Clips"

Currently, you have to find each time the clip occurs in your sequence, which is cumbersome and time consuming. Why is "Reassociate Master Clips" always greyed out when I click on the inevitable 'Recovered Clip' in the project bin?

Second, even once it's been reassociated, the Recovered Clips bin (which is now empty) remains, and if I try to delete it, I'm told it contains items that are used in the project. And if I click yes, then those items that USED to be in the 'Recovered Clips' bin are then removed from the project, even though, in theory, they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. scrolling through footage lag

Why does it lag so much when I scroll up and down through my footage? It used to be buttery smooth. When i have more clips in my bin it lags more and takes forever to scroll down

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sequências para mudar uma de cada vez.

Por exemplo, eu faço uma sequência. Cada um precisa mudar o tamanho do quadro que achar melhor e selecionar as sequências para mudar uma de cada vez.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem suddenly with Premier Pro not opening multiple projects simultaneously

Between yesterday and today (August 25 and August 26, 2020) I can not open two different projects simultaneously. I could yesterday, but not today. This is an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update bins in Premiere when new assets are added to project files.

I would like it so that when I add new folders/assets to folders on my mac it updates the bins within' Premiere.

So right now I'm working on a project and I've just sourced some extra B-Roll and I've added to the project folder in my mac. It's a little annoying having to also then repeat this process importing it into Adobe Premiere Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic cloud backup of project files no matter their location

Creative Cloud does have an automatic file sync currently but it is only active for a specific folder. It would be extremely helpful to backup project files across all applications (not just Premiere) to the cloud automatically, regardless of their local disk location. Even though the auto-save helps prevent me from losing too much work, there have been times where I did not backup my hard drive and it failed and I lost the project file. If it was in the cloud as well I would have been saved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disposable projects

Often we have to just very quickly edit something for someone, try something out or do anything that doesn't take a long time, but we don't need the project to be saved in any specific location, or make any changes to standard settings that cannot be made while sending a sequence out for export.

The current workflow for those situations is to create a project like any other and, what consumes the most time, select a project location.

I want to propose the idea of a quick way to create disposable projects that will not be saved anywhere once they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project Manager - Put the media in a sub-folder instead of everything in one cluttered folder

When running collecting media with Project Manager, it puts the whole project in one folder with the project file and all media and graphics in that same folder. This makes it hard to find the project since there can be hundreds of other files in the same folder.

I'd like the project to go in the main folder, and all media/graphic files go in a folder called "Media". That would significantly reduce the clutter and make the project much more presentable.

I personally don't think it's necessary to replicate the bin structure with folders (After Effects does this when collecting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base