Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot open previous projects with PP 15.0

While editing (in Premiere Pro 2020.  14.9) Adobe pushed the Premiere Pro 2021 (15.0) update on me, and my PC totally crashed.

When I rebooted, Premiere Pro 15.0 was installed (14.9 gone) and I tried to open my previous project. The PP program opens, but when loading the project data, the whole computer totally freezes and only a hardware shut-down will recover it. WTF???!!!

Same story when trying to open ANY previous project.

I unistalled all Premier Pro 15.0 software and reinstalled Premiere Pro 2020 (14.9). But, *******, same thing. So now I have effectively lost ALL my previous project…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transparency grid

I use a lot of still assets that are black on alpha that are therefore impossible to see in their thumbnails in the Project view. I would love to be able to see the alpha transparency grid on thumbnails in the Project window. I would shift and simplify a large portion of my workflow from After Effects which is less well suited to editing. I can't be the only one for whom this would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Center screen at 0,0

Have the center of the screen point 0,0 instead of 960,540.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Center screen at 0,0

Have the center of the screen point 0,0 instead of 960,540.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recovery Projects produce a "Duplicate IDs" Error

"Please remove these duplicated projects and add them to the Production using the 'Add projects' command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to take a team project folder offline and clear remote storage

I have a large team project and the sync folder is 100gb and is taking up valuable local hard disk space. I would love the ability to selectively take a team project offline and have it live in the cloud (until such time I can archive it in my office) and then clear the local storage for that team project via creative cloud files.

Currently I believe you can stop sync but that stops the sync for all files that live on the cloud and I still need to sync other folders.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create ''Premiere Live'' for streaming video with Adobe CC

In order to put Adobe in the era of 2021, this is a project that could cost to much for Adobe, but they should definitely try. Work on a new application to create a livestream more easily and efficiently.

• Manage your livestream in the Premiere Live app.
    • Connect your feed to Facebook, Instagram, or any social media platform that allows livestreams. Give the possibility to use RTMP/RTMPs or UTP protocol.
    • Ingest others videos feed from their phone or webcam through the Premiere Live mobile app or through a dedicated link on the web (ex: live.adobe.com/UserID/CodeOfTheLiveSessionsInAlphaNumericNumbers.prl
    • Make the possibility to import…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Watchfolders

It would be so nice to have watchfolders. Which refreshes when new footage is placed in these.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When does offer allowing individual CC subscribers to use Team Projects expire?

This article says the Adobe is allowing individual CC subscribers to use Team Projects until "early 2021". Can you be more specific about when this offer is going to end? I'm starting a job where we want to use a Team Project, but we need to know when this offer is going to end so we make sure we stop using Team Projects before that date. It's very important for us to know when this offer is going to end. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/04/14/adobe-offers-team-projects-to-premiere-pro-and-after-effects-users-with-a-creative-cloud-individual-license.html#gs.u9o1sc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Project/media management - why only sequences?

I want to copy selected media clips to another destination (another drive or cloud for example) without having to select a sequence. Currently I'm having to use an empty "null" sequence to allow me to do this.

Let's say I want to copy just the clips in a bin for off-prem use or upload to the cloud. That should be a few clicks away and it should be robust and with many more options than currently available. It is a vital function especially with so much remote work going on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sort out the media/clip relationship between master clips and subclips

Subclips should be traceable back to Masterclips. If you can track duplicate clips across projects in Productions, then surely it is possible to create a link between the source master clip and subclips. It seems that forums and even Adobe staff are recommending against using subclips and nodes does seem to be using them for this terrible reason. While on this subject the behaviour of subclips and the Project Manager is a nightmare - every subclip (or sequence clip) in a project results in a another copy of the underlying media. So single promo made out of 100 clips from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve ownership options in Team Projects

Allow to change the owner or add multiple owners for Team Projects so that projects are not the sole responsability of (and therefore completely dependent on) one individual in a multi-employee collaborative editing environment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A Quick Start "Saved Template" for Project Bin Set Up.

I start my projects the same way every time. I am highly organized and have a system to keep things organized. I have to rebuild the project set-up every single time. Unless I missed it, I can't find a way to start a project with my bin template already there. I click it and I simply add the files.
    My set up:
    Bin:
    01 Sequences
    02 Footage
    03 Music
    04 Graphics
    05 Dynamic Links
    06 Screen Recordings
    07 Misc.

I have to build this each time. Please allow us the option to make a template for Preferred organization. 1 click,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to show/hide columns in Bins/Project browser by right clicking

I often need to change Bin View and find always having to go to the "Metadata" selection dialogue to either choose a preset or even simply to hide a column very cumbersome. Can there be a pulldown menu by right clicking on a column header to offer a Show/Hide and also offer up a list of projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make subsequence modifier to choose destination

When making a subsequence often it would be good to choose where the resulting sequence sits - particularly in production workflows where it might be a different project.

Similarly it would be good to be able to choose the resulting subsequence to ONLY have the tracks that the clips selected are on - EVEN if this means that only V4 & V5 exist in that sequence - makes for easier patching when reusing (especially if track specific effects like track matte are used).

I'll reiterate my suggestion, made elsewhere, that make subclip and make subsequence should share the same keyboard…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sequences thumbnails - Make them different to clips

I find the sequence thumbnails too similar to the clips.
    They used to be different enough to quickly identify, but now the only way to quicky see is the icon in the bottom corner of each thumbnail which I don't think is enough.

Possibilities...do sequences need a thumbnail? Could there be a way to mark them with a colour or a common sequence thumnail/image?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make alternate tape name metadata stick

Currently removing 'alternate tape name' metadata appears to write to the source file (dare modified changes) but it resets to previous entry if PP restarts.

Why is this important? We have an archive library that has added 'time' as a tape name to all clips. This then gets assigned to 'alternate tape name' by PP. This then results in false positives for dupe detection. Removing the entry for alternate tape name removes the false positives. Until PP is restarted

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project manager - consolidation - needs some serious work

Consolidating projects is very hit and miss. There should be a way of working through the clips so that it doesn't copy the entire source file by default when it hits an issue that means it cannot consolidate.

e.g. When source codec is not one that it can trim - offer us the choice to transcode those clips to a format it can trime.

Similarly if identical source clips have been given different audio configurations (e.g. 3x stereo vs 6x mono) shouldn't result in whole clip being copied... let me know as part of the dialogue.

Ideally I'd like to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base