Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link Media issues: Videos unexpectedly unlink, insists files are audio

Videos offline, need to be linked/located though the project or files have not changed. Link Media will not link to videos saying they are audio files. Tried dumping all caches, renaming clips folder, reinstalling -- all no-go. Does not matter if MP4 or MOV.

This just cropped up for me. I am going nuts with all the problems that are costing me time and sweat. This Link Media failure is unacceptable, along with the audio issues (tracks not playing, inconsistent playback, need to solo/unsolo and move audio tracks); the Replace Footage failures...

Adobe, this is nuts.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: No trimming occurs when consolidating Amira-footage, unless LUTs are completely removed

This means consolidating a sequence with Amira-footage will not discard any footage, and the whole operation is useless. All LUTs must be removed to make it work as it should.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Abilitity to add descriptions to bins

It'd be nice to have the ability to enter text in the Description field for Bins and not just media. Thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow placing a sequence from another project as a link

We can now place links to other Premiere projects as well as links to After Effects compositions. What is really missing is the ability to do the same for Premiere sequences. This is not the same as importing a sequence since that merges the other project with the current project and the sequence won't update if the external project is changed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Team Projects Won't Load Large Projects

The screenshot I attached shows what it gets stuck on.

When I'm loading a large tea project, it loads everything so fast except for the bar that says "preparing team projects for editing".

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to team projects and this prevents me from creating a real collaborative workflow with my show.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio tracks muted

If i open my Projects, some Audiotracks are muted, but i don't set it to mute or solo-state. If i toggle a mute or solo-button, it goes back to original state.

It looks like a bug, since newer Versions of PP and its very ugly, if you have a lot of timelines in your Project. ;-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto-incremented versions wrong

When Premiere converts an older version of a project and that project has a number at the end of the file name, Premiere simply appends the number 1 to the end of this string instead of incrementing the number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Opening old an older shared project version has the project converted but link isn't updated

Opening old an older shared project version has the project converted but link in the source project isn't updated and remains pointing at the old version. The solution would be for projects not to have to have to convert in the first place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not replace mapped drives with UNC paths

Premiere Pro replaces mapped drive letters with their UNC paths for imported media. This is wrong. Drive letters should be treated as aliases to actual locations and not be replaced by some arbitrary path that can and does change in some environments. At least provide an option for mapped drives to save drive letter and not the underlying UNC path.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mac usability

This is a serious issue, especially for newer professionals like my self who are working in video. The compatibility with Mac is unacceptable at many times.
    I have seen a large number of creators moving toward Final Cut Pro (see youtube blogs) and i am starting to see why.

Amongst the several problems i face every day with Premiere while doing average tasks.
    example: I am currently writing this while i have a short 1080p (1920 x1080) clip in my project, on a completely reset and clean MacBook pro. It is an arduous effort to have the clip play back…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Command + Double click no longer opens multi-camera source seq's in timeline

While in the project bin, Command + double-click no longer opens multi-camera source sequences in the timeline. Using right mouse click then selecting 'open in timeline' works as well as creating a keyboard shortcut.
    They also open fine when you use command + double-click from within another timeline. The issue is just from within the project bin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: "Save As... " closes project

In the current version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Version 12.1.1 (Build 10)) if you go to "File -> Save As..." and save the project, upon completion it closes the project down, which is rather annoying.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide empty bins when using search box in Project Window

When I search in the project window I get a huge long list of empty bins, with my relevant media results buried somewhere in there. It would be more efficient if those empty irrelevant folders disappeared yielding only the search results.

The one exception to this, is that currently a search for a bin named "bells" yields all the clips and media files with "bells" in the name -- but also all of the clips in a folder with "bells" in the name. That's really useful and I believe that's currently working correctly.

I'd just like to clear the clutter…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Team Projects and Offline Media

Several times I have had issues with team projects losing track of where the media is located when going from a SAN to a local drive and another machine. They have the exact same file structure but everything is kicked offline. This normally isn't a problem but now it says the file path is either blank or returns some strange sort of location. Anyone else having this problem?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Media Import and Media Management

Premiere Pro needs to provide either a free copy of Prelude with the subscription of Premiere OR integrate Prelude. Davinci Resolve has a fantastic import and media management built into the program, and while I like the editing functionality of Premiere, importing, meta-data and managing media I feel is better within Davinci resolve.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. multiple projects

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Open a Project

2. Open another project

3. Look at your screen

Results:

Multiple projects are open and it is very difficult to understand which project is which. It is much too easy to close the wrong project or affect an asset in the wrong project. Many users complain that the workspaces also change when if this is a workflow you want people to use then the workspace should stay the same throughout. A few suggestions:

1. Let the user disable this feature. It does not make sense for all of your users.

2. Make the highlighted/active project very obvious.…

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

While we are not considering removing this long-requested feature, we hear you on the room for improvement.

Thank you for your feedback

18. Bin Panels

When opening new bins from project panel, have them open in their own bin panel instead of defaulting to float. Have the ability to add this new "bin panel" from the windows menu.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Premiere is auto-closing some of my open sequences which is a huge hassle.

I have 3 or 4 sequences open then when I reboot my computer (because Premiere Pro is so buggy) then only ONE sequence is open

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Metadata display of audio channel names embedded in imported poly WAV files

Most poly WAVs include metadata about track information like kind of mic used, names of characters, etc. E.g. TX, BOOM, MS. This data is unavailable in the metadata display in PP. Would be great to add this to the default metadata options.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base