Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate sequences load into timeline panel

When creating duplicate sequences the sequence should load into the timeline panel automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Source Monitor should remember open sources, especially pancake timelines

Pancake timelines are one of the most useful features in Premiere Pro. They also take time to set up. Editors open multiple timelines in the Source Monitor, Open in Timeline, arrange pancake timelines, and order their timelines. Then they can work. The problem is that Premiere does not remember what is open in the Source Monitor when you save and quit. So when the project reloads, there will be a random timeline or two open in the Program Monitor and they have to set up all over again. On a complex project this eats time (not to mention doing it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flatten multicam option when managing project

Media managing sequences containing multicam clips currently consolidates/transcodes the entire source clips, rather than the sections used.

Should be normal practice to only consolidate the sections used, with an option to ‘include all angles in a multicam clip’ but not do the whole clips.

Currently using ‘flatten’ before consolidating but really this is a backwards step.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Project manager and ARRI Alexa Mini files - cannot transcode-trim files

Project manager and ARRI Alexa Mini files - cannot transcode-trim files. These files have 5 audio channels, so Premiere will only copy, not consolidate files. When there are fewer audio channels. Project Manager works. This 5-channel configuration cannot be altered in-camera.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Duplicating project media; open in source monitor immediately

When duplicating media in project panel, automatically open the duplicate in source monitor to speed up labelling and organising media into bins process. When labelling media, don't set the next clips to rename straight away; just highlight them

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Empty bins from clips imported from another project cannot be deleted

when you copy-paste clips from one project to another, the source bin is also imported into the project containing the pasted clips . . . but it appears empty - as if you have removed the clips
    If you go to delete the bin, you get a warning and the clips get deleted as well.
    Clearly a bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team Projects - image sequences are replaced with still image on render

Team Projects loose image sequences whilst rendering locally on media encoder. It seems to replace the sequence with the first frame and treats it like a still. This means you cannot use media encoder. Also happens if you create a local project to backup the team project. Afterwards there is no way to re-link the image to the sequence as it looses the in-out places making the offline version unusable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Never disable backup auto-save

When the creative cloud app 'needs an update', it stops syncing my files, and my auto-save to creative cloud folder does not happen as a result.

This tends to happen without notification, but is annoying that it happens at all.

It would be great if we could set a location for this backup project file save, even if it wasn't in the creative cloud folder. Just specifying another location would be great. But NEVER turn it off without us telling it to!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have option to enlarge preview thumbnail on project panel.

As of now, the preview thumbnail on the project panel is pretty much useless, given the size of the thumbnail window shown. To get a good look at a selected clip, one must open said clip on the viewer. This adds two additional steps to the process of properly previewing a file (shift+O to open clip on the viewer, Shift+1 to go back to Project Panel).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it easier to import sequences without duplicated media. Also give an option to link clips already previously ingested into Premiere.

Please make it easier to link identical clips to sequences.

Also there should be an option to manually relink to clips already in the Premiere project file in case of error.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Opening multiple projects results in "Could not find sequence X"

This a new occurrence with 12.1.2.

Bug Example 1:
    Open Project A. It opens normally.

Open Project B. It opens normally, however a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence X"

Where X is the name of the last sequence opened and selected in Project A.

Bug Example 2:
    Open Project A. Open Project B. Problem 1 above, has occurred, and user has clicked "OK" to close the dialogue box.

User closes Project B. Project B closes correctly, but a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence Y"

Where Y is the name of last opened…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Saving Downgrade just like After Effect

Please have a feature of saving a downgrade version of the project file just like Adobe After Effect . Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow file-based versioning/snapshotting of all media relating to a project

Use-case

A Premiere Pro project is frozen. As such all media related to that project must remain untouched yet remain in their location on the file system while still allowing the next version to build on the previous version.

Currently, to support this, I version all media using the prefix _v###. Then, every time I need to freeze a project, I duplicate all the versioned files and increment the version numbers. Sometimes files are renamed, sometimes files are deleted in the process, yet the versions before remain untouched.

In fact, depending on the structure, the files of the new version…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premier Pro caption tool saves and then opens one frame off

Hi, when we save changes to a project file using caption tool it re-opens one frame less or shifted. Project file is attached and we've tried on multiple machines with the same result. Please help!

Jordan

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: search bin yields straight-up wrong results

Getting some very odd and obviously incorrect search bin behavior...

I have the Tape Name metadata field set to DAY1, DAY2 etc etc, for various clips.

I create a search bin for Tape Name = DAY_4

In the new bin, I get some clips with Tape Name = DAY_3

No joke! Can I really not count on this? Kind of a big deal. See attached screencap...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let us apply labels from source panel

Currently you can only apply labels from the project panel (or in a timeline to clips in sequence).

Would be a big logging workflow timesaver to be able to hit your label shortcut key directly from the source panel rather than have to jump back over to the project panel.

Especially given the super clunky workaround for this search bin bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33872809-search-bins-and-search-bar-have-some-bugs-and-unwa

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to select multiple sequences in the Project Manager window when collecting a project

I have project with at least 50+ sequences that I have to select individually in order to collect the project. Can you at least allow us to select ALL sequences as in After Effects allows us to select ALL Comps?

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have PPro collect project files like After Effects

I have been waiting for YEARS for Premiere Pro to collect a project like After Effects does. I doesn't just through all the files into one folder, but respects the AE Project Panel folder hierarchy.
    Throwing all of the Premiere Project assets into one folder along with the project panel makes it **** to go back and find one item. Please?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Overwrite Auto-Save versions

Couldn't tell if this had already been posted -
    The problem with auto-saving projects with a set number of maximum project versions is once the maximum number of project versions has been met, premiere no longer saves backups until I go into the auto-save folder and delete the backups. If I set the maximum project versions to 30, I want the 30 latest versions, not the first 30 since I began the project. With the number of times premiere is crashing at the moment I'm having to set auto-save to every 15 minutes, so the auto-save maximum is reached pretty…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base