Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To consolidate DPX sequences media through Project Managers into version specific folders

I want to know why consolidation of a timeline through Project Manager won't put DPX media into folders like it does for PNG sequences?

Is Premiere able to export timelines with DPX media in such an organized manner? Manual consolidation of a series with several DPX files is NOT a VIABLE solution. Please UPGRADE Premiere to do this? The attached image show the issue of DPX not being put into folders like the Pngs...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Shared Assets in Productions you don’t need to duplicate/import for every project

Productions offer a great way of sharing complex projects with co-workers and enabling teamwork with different departments, but the production workflow needs to be improved, because it’s great!:
    Instead of just organizing all your different projects in the production panel we should be able to also organize content/assets that are used for the whole production (for example: titles, motion graphics, logos, footage, etc.). So you don’t have to import every single asset again and again and again. Think of working on a tv-show or sth with multiple episodes, how great would it be to have shared assets and you can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Attempting to launch Project Teams receiving the following error messages. "There was a problem loading the collaborator from the Team Pro

There was a problem loading the collaborators for this Team Project. Please try again later. then "The People Graph service is currently unavailable. Please close the Edit Collaborators dialog and try again later."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Team Projects recognize assets of Productions

We have a Production filled with sub-projects, then I created a Master project and filled it with the sub-projects. Then I converted the 'Master' to a Team project, and all I see are the subprojects with assets pulling from the Production - so good so far...

BUT when I dragged an existing asset from the a Production folder into the timeline/sequence of the Team project, the said asset was copied into the Team asset project.

?????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Drag video file into Home screen for instant project and sequence creation

It takes a lot of time to load the program, choose a directory, import the files, and create a sequence. Everything could be solved with a single drag and drop!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Issues with Opening Projects vs Productions

Reposting this since the issues has persisted (currently in 22.2).

I work mainly with productions. If I quit PPro and attempt to open a project which is not a production, PPro just hangs.

If I open a production, close that production, and then (with PPro still running) open the projects in question ... they work.

It was originally listed as " DVASE-1665" in a response from Adobe. If a fix was issued, the fix is not working.

R.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tell us which version a project was made in if we can't open it.

When opening a project with an incorrect version of Premiere we get the error message "This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted."

If I don't want to upgrade my project to the current version because of compatibility concerns, I now have to install previous versions of the software one by one and attempt to open the project file in those versions to see which works. It would save us a lot of time if the error dialogue told us which version of the program we need in order to open the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. M1 Macbook Pro - "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened"

A client of mine is unable to open the Premiere projects that I send him.
    I have a PC Windows Desktop and he has a M1 Macbook Pro.

Every single project I send him (either in Premiere CC 2021 or Premiere CC 2022), he gets an error message saying"

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No preview of the sequence is preset file or codec might be associated with this type of sequence."

The only way it worked for him was if he imported my project into a new project and selected the sequences.

But this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Footage Recognition and Tagging. (Like in Google Photos and ICloud Photos)

When using Google Photos, you can simply type in "Mountain" and it automatically recognizes ALL videos and photos that contain mountains. It also includes facial recognition. this would be abundantly helpful for the project folder. I know however, that Google is only able to do this because the files reside on their servers. Doing this locally on ones machine might not be possible... Thought I'd just throw the idea out there though.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Premiere Pro 22 Incompatibilities

I have been structuring a rolling project on Adobe Premiere 2021/v15. I recently updated my MacBook Pro to Monterey, which came almost at the same time as when the entire Adobe Suite upgraded to version 22.

My project contained linked Compositions from After Effects, as well as pre-rendered ones. The entire project was stored on an external NVMe, with some pre-renders inside the local drive.

When Premiere asked me to convert the project, I selected a new filename. The next thing that happened is that it had lost much of the files that were located in the same place. It…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to create "presets" for creation, naming and structure of bins in Assemble Tab.

It would be great for certain jobs with multiple deliverables to be able to create bin structure presets so we can:

A. Save time on creating a bin structure when creating new projects

&

B. Be able to have a group of projects with the same bin structure so continuity is the same between them.

On some jobs, it's easier to just create different project files for each deliverable than to keep it all within one project- things can get hectic that way, even when organized. I always feel I'm wasting time when having to re-create each bin for all…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set Default Export Location Per Project

I work on multiple projects for multiple clients, and each project has a unique folder on my drive, and each project has its own export folder. Premiere Pro always defaults to the last used export folder. Would be a lot easier if I could set my export folder per project, when I set it up. I hardly change where I'm exporting anything, except between projects. I'm pretty sure Final Cut Pro 7 did it like this and I miss it.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MY TIMELINE IS BROKEN

This has happened twice. The amount of runtime on my project is wrong and it’s longer than the actual time. I had a project that is 2 min on my editing timeline but when i export its 2:25! Its the second time it messed me up and now I have to fix the video again :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 always in background process

Hi Team,

i am facing an issue where the Premiere Pro CC 2019 is still running in background process after I had closed the program.

Meanwhile when I am running the program, it seems to be a little laggy when I drag the selected clip of the videos to my projects in workspace and also when I am copy and paste the text to the Text box, it seems to be laggy and thus have an additional "V" alphabet.

May I check how to resolve this issue?

thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Scale Up Thumpnails in Markers Panel

In many Panels you can decrease the size of the thumbnails, which is really helpful. This option wpuld be great in the markers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ctrl click to open folder folder no arrow

Not having to aim on the arrow to open a folder.
    I wish I could ctrl/shift/alt click a folder so it opens without having to aim towards this tiny little arrow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need official Production migration support

There is currently no documentation, nor direct support from Adobe with clear instructions in how to best migrate a production to a new location. I have talked to Adobe support through online chat and on the phone and they had no idea how to answer this question, so I'll lay out below what I've been trying to do.

We are moving a project folder containing a production and assets from one server to another, and simply copying the files over does not quite work correctly, specifically with Multicam sequences and their source sequences. When the project is copied, either via…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A Quick Start "Saved Template" for Project Bin Set Up.

I start my projects the same way every time. I am highly organized and have a system to keep things organized. I have to rebuild the project set-up every single time. Unless I missed it, I can't find a way to start a project with my bin template already there. I click it and I simply add the files.
    My set up:
    Bin:
    01 Sequences
    02 Footage
    03 Music
    04 Graphics
    05 Dynamic Links
    06 Screen Recordings
    07 Misc.

I have to build this each time. Please allow us the option to make a template for Preferred organization. 1 click,…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Premiere Pro corrupts projects upon crashing/hanging on M1

Whenever I open a project edited on my intel iMac 2019 i5, with the new MacBook Pro M1 pro with 32gb memory, which had basic comps etc done, premiere hangs. If the project was from a previous version and new up-versioned one attempts to save, it hangs. Once it crashes the project is corrupted and can not ever be opened again. This is a serious issue that needs to be looked at asap. I have not ever had this experience on my lower performance Macs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make it easier to delete projects and team projects from the main screen please

make it easier to delete projects and team projects from the main screen please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base