Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. opening a new project gives you 5 windows

When you open a new project, it opens 5 different panels of the same project. PLEASE FIX. Also, the timeline never stays the same size when I re open Premiere - I have to always drag the top down underneath the playback windows.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. the new "Start new project/import" feature is a nightmare.

I would love to try to get it to work, but is slows everything i'm doing down. Every time I attempt to use the feature, the app freezes and I have to reset. Exporting is also now awful. I loved being able to click a different file to copy naming convention for me to edit to my next export, but that's completely gone now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Project management in Adobe hit or miss

The project management function in Premiere is important for our operations since we have a records keeping requirement. Unfortunately, it's hit or miss on whether it will work -- sometimes it does, others it acts like it's about to complete the operation then fails. We can't figure out what's causing the issue because there's no error message identifying any problem files. Another thing we've noted is that if we have four different projects in one folder on a hard drive that are all tapping into the same media (footage, photos, music, etc.), we can perform the project management function on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Drag video file into Home screen for instant project and sequence creation

It takes a lot of time to load the program, choose a directory, import the files, and create a sequence. Everything could be solved with a single drag and drop!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tell us which version a project was made in if we can't open it.

When opening a project with an incorrect version of Premiere we get the error message "This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted."

If I don't want to upgrade my project to the current version because of compatibility concerns, I now have to install previous versions of the software one by one and attempt to open the project file in those versions to see which works. It would save us a lot of time if the error dialogue told us which version of the program we need in order to open the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. project lock files not get deleted after closing our project (on a network)

We are working on multiple projects, sometimes on "productions" and what we see are two things :

1- Status in a production is not always correct, can be I have project open but my colleague doesn't see on his production that that project has been taken by me. Its a status thing because when he wants to open my project, he gets messages that it be read only because its open on me. So no real harm done, just very annoying. We got suggestion on adobe to use in the debug database : MF.ForceDirectoryPolling but doesn't seem to solve the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY RE-WRITE 'PROJECT MANAGER'?

Mac OS 10.15.7, Premiere 2021 (15.2.0 Build 35)

FIX PROJECT MANAGER.

I've been doing a little looking around, wasting valuable billing time trying to make sense of why the Project Manager is such a piece of shite.

So here's what I discovered yesterday...

I attempted to Collect and Copy a problemetic project, which has failed before. And it failed again, but not before I got a glimpse of the stupid way you've coded this routine.

What I did was watch the Finder during the progress of the Project as it was collected and copied to the new location. Premiere began…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve ownership options in Team Projects

Allow to change the owner or add multiple owners for Team Projects so that projects are not the sole responsability of (and therefore completely dependent on) one individual in a multi-employee collaborative editing environment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix "Recovered Clip" issue in Productions

When keeping things like sound effects and music in separate projects in a Production, sometimes when opening a sequence (stored in its own project) it will create a "Recovered Clips" folder in the project that contains the sequence. Instead of remembering that the clip lives in a different location, it makes a new duplicate master clip that is then linked inside the sequence, and deleting it removes the clip from the timeline.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting new PP

I can't edit anything in Premiere Pro after updating to 22.0, even reverting back to old version does not fix. All video only plays as audio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PPro 22.0 won’t ship for a few years; we recently released 14.5. :)

From what previous version did you upgrade? The ‘video plays as audio’ sounds like it might be the result of OS-level changes to codec support; what format, and codec, are the failing files? [Do all video files just play audio?]

11. Premiere 2020 Not able to open saved projects.

I have to create a new project, import my old project files and then pick up where I left off. Sometimes when I close and try to open the new project, it will not open and then I have to re-do the process. There are times when the new project with the imported materials will open just fine.

I have cleared my cache. Rebooted my computer. I have not reinstalled Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Premiere Pro CC Project Manager - Not copying all the files!

For the last few months, I've been asked to work from home from time to time due to the pandemic.

I have used the Project Manager to copy an edit in progress from our network storage server to my PC's internal hard drive. It's a really great tool that saves alot of time...sometimes.

A rather large project I am doing color work on - the project manager finished succesfully with no errors. I got home with my project, fired up PP and opened the project.

To my suprise there was footage in the wrong places on the timeline and some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix "Reassociate Master Clips"

Currently, you have to find each time the clip occurs in your sequence, which is cumbersome and time consuming. Why is "Reassociate Master Clips" always greyed out when I click on the inevitable 'Recovered Clip' in the project bin?

Second, even once it's been reassociated, the Recovered Clips bin (which is now empty) remains, and if I try to delete it, I'm told it contains items that are used in the project. And if I click yes, then those items that USED to be in the 'Recovered Clips' bin are then removed from the project, even though, in theory, they…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Project Manager - Put the media in a sub-folder instead of everything in one cluttered folder

When running collecting media with Project Manager, it puts the whole project in one folder with the project file and all media and graphics in that same folder. This makes it hard to find the project since there can be hundreds of other files in the same folder.

I'd like the project to go in the main folder, and all media/graphic files go in a folder called "Media". That would significantly reduce the clutter and make the project much more presentable.

I personally don't think it's necessary to replicate the bin structure with folders (After Effects does this when collecting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. productions

Premiere Productions should have a nested sequence/project feature. Many people who are coming from long form into the new Productions workspace use nested sequences for each of their scenes. You should allow a master sequence within one project to contain nested references to sequences in other projects. These would be read-only unless you double click them to open up the original sequence/project.

As it is, Productions is cumbersome for keeping a master sequence of the entire show synced when you split your scenes into their own projects.

You should also allow the user to save a "Productions Workspace" which will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re considering the nesting request, tracking that work as DVAPR-4223845.

We hadn’t heard the ‘cumbersome’ comment, but the feature film teams with which Productions was developed weren’t using nested sequences.

For the “Productions Workspace”: I think you can get that behavior today, were you to change Prefs —> General —> At Startup to “open most recent”, and then save a workspace containing your Production and desired one projects.

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Productions Bulk Export

Please provide an interface that allows selective bulk exporting of sequences contained within a Production. The ability to collect media for an entire Production would also be a good feature for this interface. Maybe call it Production Management?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers.
    Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw
    We can see that this inside the .prproj XML :

<ClipLoggingInfo ObjectID="40" ClassID="77ab7fdd-dcdf-465d-9906-7a330ca1e738" Version="8">
        <ClipName>A005_01231137_C004.braw</ClipName>
        <MediaInPoint>1577778048000000</MediaInPoint>
        <MediaOutPoint>1621427734080000</MediaOutPoint>
        <MediaFrameRate>10594584000</MediaFrameRate>
        <TimecodeFormat>110</TimecodeFormat>
    </ClipLoggingInfo>

is changed to this
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product Manager Collect and consolidate options with EXCLUDE UNUSED not working

Admittedly very new to APP. But it appears the Project Manager's not functioning properly. When I try to either collect or consolidate clips from a sequence (a sequence I have very carefully stripped of all effects and graphics and other weirdness) I get an error ONLY when I choose "exclude unused media". I'm trying to basically move a sequence for someone else to do work elsewhere and ... I just...can't (‽‽). Although I'm really enjoying jumping from Avid Media Compose rot Premiere this is one thing that is definitely making me reconsider. It's critical to our workflow and the Mangement…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?