Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere 2020 Not able to open saved projects.

I have to create a new project, import my old project files and then pick up where I left off. Sometimes when I close and try to open the new project, it will not open and then I have to re-do the process. There are times when the new project with the imported materials will open just fine.

I have cleared my cache. Rebooted my computer. I have not reinstalled Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug - Opening Older Projects in 14.6.0

I'm having issues opening non-production projects in 14.6.0.

I have mainly been working with projects inside a production.

If I quit PPro and attempt to open an older (14.5?) project which is not a production, PPro just hangs.

If I open a production, close that production, and then (with PPro still running) open the projects in question ... they work.

Please resolve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a sort clips in Premiere by date/time modified.

Have a sort clips in Premiere by date/time modified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Problem suddenly with Premier Pro not opening multiple projects simultaneously

Between yesterday and today (August 25 and August 26, 2020) I can not open two different projects simultaneously. I could yesterday, but not today. This is an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't open all sequences when refreshing Productions projects

Currently, when I refresh a productions project, it opens every single timeline that was open when it was saved. That means, if an AE is working in the project and saves it, and I refresh it, I get inundated with every single sequence they had open. It's a minor annoyance but seems like a no brainer that if someone is refreshing they just want the updated project, not the open sequences.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow nested sequences to be shared across projects in Productions

Currently if you have a sequence you can used it as a nested sequence across multiple projects in a Production, without the sequence getting duplicated to each project.

It would great if sequences were treated like out assets and shared between projects to reduce redundancy.

I have older projects that I still access but are large and very slow to load and work on, covering them to Productions has sped them up massively but I now have nested sequences duplicated across multiple projects which is a headache to maintain.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Power to decide who in production can open projects read/write

Be great to assign permissions to projects - e.g. editor 1 & 2 can read/write all as can all assistants, but editors 3-7 can only open this project read-only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro crashes when I try and delete sequences

Premiere pro crashes when I try to delete a sequence, a folder, or any of the contents of that folder independently. This is a serious problem... and I see that someone else has encountered the same problem.

Premiere Pro 14.7.0 Build 23.
    Dell XPS 8900
    windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keywords and tags metadata search not working in latest Premiere Pro

Morning,

Tried to tag sequences and things using a text metadata column in the project panel. Latest version of Premiere Pro. Can add the column, can add the tags, search works once or twice and then for some reason just stops. Empty (see screenshot). Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, a setting that needs to be adjusted or a bug.

I ended up just naming all the sequences with the keywords, which worked for search and I could complete the report, but then what's the point of a tags or keywords meta field?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/metadata-search-not-working-in-premiere-pro-14-6/m-p/11669826?page=1#M316738

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I create a sequence from a video clip, often the starting timecode is off by a frame or two

Like if I want my sequences to start at 00;59:50;00 (and the timecode of my video clip is also the same)... and I create New Sequence from Video Clip, the timeline starts at 00;59;49;29. Sometimes I've seen it 00;59;49;28.

It doesn't change even if I manually change the sequence starting time.

These video files I'm using are usually H.264. If I convert it to ProRes, and create a New Sequence from Clip, then it will be correct at 0;59;50;00.

This has been happening for at least a year now throughout the latest versions of Premiere. I didn't notice this issue…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. プロ製品と思えないバグの多さ。高い料金とってるんだからなんとかしろ!

プロ製品と思えないバグの多さ。高い料金とってるんだからなんとかしろ!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Metadata Display and search functions in Productions

Just like in regular Projects, the Productions main window MUST support better search functions. We need to be able to add descriptions, comments or tags on the many folders (or even the unique Projects inside Productions main window).

Working on massive documentaries or long-format projects, the search function is crucial - and being able to navigate, search and find things FROM THE PRODUCTIONS WINDOW - which will then point you to the project where the information you're searching is located - is absolutely necessary.

Think of a documentary. You've done a lot of logging, notes, comments and tags on clips.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rotate footage in bin

If we can rotate some abnormal footage, it would be helpful, because we need to preview the footage before drag it into timeline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. moving multiple open caption comments together

I am unable to move multiple comments in open captions. I wish some useful shortcut or ways to move comments together along with video ripple delete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Duplicating Sequence changes content inside Timeline window

I have a typical Edit here of a 2 min film with some video layers and some graphics where I also use MOGRTs. Now i obeserve the following: I duplicate this sequence (right click -> duplicate). BUT the new sequence is NOT identical with the original. There are elements (manly graphic elements) of an older version of this edit inside. Must be a clear bug. Because when I duplicate a sequence I expect it to be identical. Please look into this. I am on Premiere 14.6. on an iMac Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hilfslinien pro Projekt abspeichern

Hilfslinien sollten pro Projekt (wenn nicht gar sogar pro Sequenz) abgespeichert werden und nicht allgemein.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project panel Sorting

When in the List View, sorting by Name column does not distinguish between the bin and the actual items (see the screenshot). I would prefer the panel to follow general behavior, such as in WIndows to list the bins first, then the actual clips/assets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base