Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better renaming convention for updated project files

Instead of forcing a rename of an existing project file to a NEW name, give us the option of renaming the OLD file to a different name, say tagged with the previous version number.

As it is now, when opening a project in a new version, we are forced to come up with and remember an arbitrary new name, save the project, go back in finder and rename and archive the old project, then switch the new name back to the old name. It's absolutely maddening. If you are going to force project updates this frequently, streamline the file naming…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report premiere pro

Me and my colleagues use after effects projects within adobe premiere for animated titles. Since the latest update, this does not work properly. When we open previous projects, we can not change the words anymore. Also the fonts are different to what we created in after effects.

We're all having trouble getting work done, because we constantly have to go back into after effects to render our titles. This is a huge problem.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. png backgrounds not working

i am trying to use a png for a background in my video ( like a broader) and i have to click every click and move the png up above the video then back below it. when i save it gose back to just showing video and no png

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toggle OFF proxies ability during Project/Sequence Collection

We produce a lot of TV spots that require that as a final step, we make a customization template. The V1 track is a NO GFX version of the program, and all GFX, including customizable URLs and TFNs, so the final sequence is drill down to just the basics, usually 4-5 tracks with no reference to any original RAW video clips.

Still almost everytime we collect, the PROXIES we've created (through proxy generation tools right in Premiere) also get collected - which adds so much time to the process when collecting a very basic sequence.

Wondering if you could add…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Collection of Project auto-inclusive of nest + Elements Contained within nests

It would be so useful and could reduce missing media if when you go to collect a sequence that contains nests, that in the PROJECT MANAGER, the nests contained in that sequence have their boxes CHECKED, just like the sequence you've selected to collect is.

As of right now, it's a manual process of stepping through the entire sequence, listing the nests contained within, and ensuring their selection boxes are checked prior to COLLECTING.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Top tab below workspace tabs for every opened project.

Under the workspace tab there should be a tab with the name of the project opened, if another project is opened it should open in another tab just next to the tab of the previous project, so there will be no confusion between the different timeline and folders, nor problems identifying the project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't name recovery projects to "Copy of (project name)"

Premiere crashes a lot, so I often have to use the recovery projects. The default name is "Copy of " and then the project name. This is not a name I would ever use and since the changed part is at the beginning, it takes extra time to remove that, then make any necessary name changes. Usually those would be at the end, or I would rename the existing file myself and continue to use the old name for the recovered project.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't having to do it multiple times a day, but…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sequence Clips Offset in PP2019

After updating to Premiere Pro 2019 and updating my projects, the timelines are all messed up. The in/out points for several clips are shifted. I believe this is only happening with raw footage from the Sony A7 cameras.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Crashes when I try to close a project (without closing the program) and open a new project. Windows 10

Crashes when I try to close a project (without closing the program) and open a new project. Windows 10

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG - Premiere Pro project file size balloons upon sequence import.

Premiere Pro project file size balloons.

My project size is increasing MASSIVELY and crippling my computer and ability to work.

• I'm on a iMac 2017 SSD with 40Gb of RAM using the latest version of Premiere Pro CC.

• I open a new project, so starting with nothing. Project size = 34kb
    • I copy an 80 minute audio-only sequence from a feature film project with a source project size of 188Mb.
    • Once the copy is complete (about 7 minutes later), the new (target) project balloons to 1.52GB!! Unusable, to say the least.

I've asked all my Premiere…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When you delete a Clip ... it SHOULD NOT delete from the whole project! That's a dumb move on Premiere's part.

Just let the clip be deleted. But, don't remove it from all the sequences it may be in. Non distructive.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Flatten multicam option when managing project

Media managing sequences containing multicam clips currently consolidates/transcodes the entire source clips, rather than the sections used.

Should be normal practice to only consolidate the sections used, with an option to ‘include all angles in a multicam clip’ but not do the whole clips.

Currently using ‘flatten’ before consolidating but really this is a backwards step.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 项目

有些摄像机拍摄回来的素材都是 0001 0002 如果格式化了内存卡后 再次拍摄 两次的素材命名一样,项目整理到一个文件时候就会替换掉一样名称的视频文件,最好能打包带上工程内的文件夹。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicating project media; open in source monitor immediately

When duplicating media in project panel, automatically open the duplicate in source monitor to speed up labelling and organising media into bins process. When labelling media, don't set the next clips to rename straight away; just highlight them

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it easier to import sequences without duplicated media. Also give an option to link clips already previously ingested into Premiere.

Please make it easier to link identical clips to sequences.

Also there should be an option to manually relink to clips already in the Premiere project file in case of error.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep my Timeline whenever I Save my project

So multiple times, when I saved my project, it has taken all my small clips that i have meticulously edited, and have several different effects for, Adobe has turned it all into one big clip, essentially erasing my work and doesn't give me the option, if I was not done with the project of re editing or changing anything. It is truthfully one of of the most terrible and stupidest things I have ever experienced using any kind of program and it makes me feel stupid for paying for Adobe.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Opening multiple projects results in "Could not find sequence X"

This a new occurrence with 12.1.2.

Bug Example 1:
    Open Project A. It opens normally.

Open Project B. It opens normally, however a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence X"

Where X is the name of the last sequence opened and selected in Project A.

Bug Example 2:
    Open Project A. Open Project B. Problem 1 above, has occurred, and user has clicked "OK" to close the dialogue box.

User closes Project B. Project B closes correctly, but a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence Y"

Where Y is the name of last opened…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base