Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to disable auto-linking media

Auto-linking of media is causing me a lot of headaches and I just wish I could disable it.

Auto-anything is bad in general, especially when the user has no control over it and it happens automatically and without warning. Premiere's auto-linking has made a mess out of my projects just by opening them in a different location and then saving not realising it has tried to be smarter than it actually is.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep my Timeline whenever I Save my project

So multiple times, when I saved my project, it has taken all my small clips that i have meticulously edited, and have several different effects for, Adobe has turned it all into one big clip, essentially erasing my work and doesn't give me the option, if I was not done with the project of re editing or changing anything. It is truthfully one of of the most terrible and stupidest things I have ever experienced using any kind of program and it makes me feel stupid for paying for Adobe.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Opening multiple projects results in "Could not find sequence X"

This a new occurrence with 12.1.2.

Bug Example 1:
    Open Project A. It opens normally.

Open Project B. It opens normally, however a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence X"

Where X is the name of the last sequence opened and selected in Project A.

Bug Example 2:
    Open Project A. Open Project B. Problem 1 above, has occurred, and user has clicked "OK" to close the dialogue box.

User closes Project B. Project B closes correctly, but a Premiere dialogue box opens saying:
    "Could not find sequence Y"

Where Y is the name of last opened…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to select multiple sequences in the Project Manager window when collecting a project

I have project with at least 50+ sequences that I have to select individually in order to collect the project. Can you at least allow us to select ALL sequences as in After Effects allows us to select ALL Comps?

Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Overwrite Auto-Save versions

Couldn't tell if this had already been posted -
    The problem with auto-saving projects with a set number of maximum project versions is once the maximum number of project versions has been met, premiere no longer saves backups until I go into the auto-save folder and delete the backups. If I set the maximum project versions to 30, I want the 30 latest versions, not the first 30 since I began the project. With the number of times premiere is crashing at the moment I'm having to set auto-save to every 15 minutes, so the auto-save maximum is reached pretty…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow file-based versioning/snapshotting of all media relating to a project

Use-case

A Premiere Pro project is frozen. As such all media related to that project must remain untouched yet remain in their location on the file system while still allowing the next version to build on the previous version.

Currently, to support this, I version all media using the prefix _v###. Then, every time I need to freeze a project, I duplicate all the versioned files and increment the version numbers. Sometimes files are renamed, sometimes files are deleted in the process, yet the versions before remain untouched.

In fact, depending on the structure, the files of the new version…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put clips in the right order when dragging to sequence

In an older version of Premiere, if I imported 100 clips, I could click on clip #1 and then shift-click on clip#100, drag them to the sequence, and it put them in the right order.
    Now, it doesn't. I've been through support on this and they are able to recreate the problem.
    The "fix" is to click-drag-select the clips in the order I want, but when I have 100 clips, this really isn't easy. Plus... it used to work, now it doesn't. Now, it just puts them in a random order.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let us apply labels from source panel

Currently you can only apply labels from the project panel (or in a timeline to clips in sequence).

Would be a big logging workflow timesaver to be able to hit your label shortcut key directly from the source panel rather than have to jump back over to the project panel.

Especially given the super clunky workaround for this search bin bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33872809-search-bins-and-search-bar-have-some-bugs-and-unwa

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide same media name editing experience as Premiere Pro

It's ridiculously easy to rename a media in the project tree under Premiere Pro, ballistically you click and rename, and then hitting enter takes you to the next item to the allow you to rename that one if you so wish. It is so smooth and simple compared to After Effects' way of handling the same thing. Please provide an option to allow the same kind of workflow in After Effects. After all, the two programs should feel as one concise one. Currently little things like this make the two operate completely differently to each other -- they look and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. videos don't load in full (as a bug) so impossibility to finish the project

when I download new videos in the source monitor, the video does not load in full. It is like on the spot, while when I open it outside adobe they work very well. These sequences come from the same devices, and previous videos were loaded very well. No problem reading the rush .. I do not know where it can come from! Thanks for your help !

Laura

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Match Source Audio Layout in Project Manager

Often Project Manager will fail to trim clips used in a sequence when performing a Consolidate/Transcode. This can result in massive amounts of unnecessary media being copied. The most common culprit is a mismatch between the source footage and transcode preset audio layout. "Match Source" should apply to the audio as well as the video when performing this operation. Obviously, there are some codecs that don't support certain audio layouts, but when transcoding to Quicktime Apple Pro Res or GoPro Cineform, this should not be an issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Duplicate/copy-paste File - To current folder, not root

In the project window, if you duplicate a file/sequence whatever, or a copy/paste it, it creates the new file in the ROOT folder of the project.

I would love it to create the file in the Bin I'm currently in.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix disappearing mark comments on merged clips!

Whenever you open merged clips in your source monitor, all your marker notes disappear when you double-click the clip. Very annoying and time-consuming, and seemingly unfixable. It seems this has been a problem for awhile, please help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Project from this directory/folder

To be able to create new project from this directory/folder.

So we have new project named by this directory name in this directory name and we have all the files imported from this exact directory.

Would
    Be
    GREAT :)!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Plugin/re-link missing media cache drive when Premiere loads

I use an external SSD for my media cache, which occasionally gets unplugged from my laptop. If I forget to have this plugged in when premiere loads, I currently have two options.

• I can force-quit Premiere, plug my drive in and reload premiere.

• Or I can click 'ok' on the warning dialogue and my cache setting will be wiped and need to be reset in program.

I would love if the warning dialogue had a 'check for cache again' option, so that I could plug my drive in, instead of force-quitting or resetting to default.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't delete renders when I change sequence settings

When I change sequence settings, it deletes any sequence renders. This happens even if those renders are still being used in other sequences. Now I have to re-render them everywhere else too.

Just give me the option to not delete renders.

Here's an example of how this happens. I have a sequence that I need to make an alternate version of using a different frame size and aspect ratio (it's enough of a difference that I can't just crop/pad during output, I need to re-position things). If I duplicate the main sequence and change the size, it now deletes my…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow placing a sequence from another project as a link

We can now place links to other Premiere projects as well as links to After Effects compositions. What is really missing is the ability to do the same for Premiere sequences. This is not the same as importing a sequence since that merges the other project with the current project and the sequence won't update if the external project is changed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Command + Double click no longer opens multi-camera source seq's in timeline

While in the project bin, Command + double-click no longer opens multi-camera source sequences in the timeline. Using right mouse click then selecting 'open in timeline' works as well as creating a keyboard shortcut.
    They also open fine when you use command + double-click from within another timeline. The issue is just from within the project bin.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base