Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere Pro 22 Incompatibilities

I have been structuring a rolling project on Adobe Premiere 2021/v15. I recently updated my MacBook Pro to Monterey, which came almost at the same time as when the entire Adobe Suite upgraded to version 22.

My project contained linked Compositions from After Effects, as well as pre-rendered ones. The entire project was stored on an external NVMe, with some pre-renders inside the local drive.

When Premiere asked me to convert the project, I selected a new filename. The next thing that happened is that it had lost much of the files that were located in the same place. It…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give back the overlapping markers

In premiere 2021 you could create overlapping markers ( with duration )... in 2022 if a marker overlap when you try to create a new one.. you can't and the edit panel of the past marker shows up. Was an essential feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to create "presets" for creation, naming and structure of bins in Assemble Tab.

It would be great for certain jobs with multiple deliverables to be able to create bin structure presets so we can:

A. Save time on creating a bin structure when creating new projects

&

B. Be able to have a group of projects with the same bin structure so continuity is the same between them.

On some jobs, it's easier to just create different project files for each deliverable than to keep it all within one project- things can get hectic that way, even when organized. I always feel I'm wasting time when having to re-create each bin for all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Pro corrupts projects upon crashing/hanging on M1

Whenever I open a project edited on my intel iMac 2019 i5, with the new MacBook Pro M1 pro with 32gb memory, which had basic comps etc done, premiere hangs. If the project was from a previous version and new up-versioned one attempts to save, it hangs. Once it crashes the project is corrupted and can not ever be opened again. This is a serious issue that needs to be looked at asap. I have not ever had this experience on my lower performance Macs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Project Manager - INCLUDE NESTED SEQUENCES

When using the Project Manager, PLEASE implement a check box that says "INCLUDE NESTED SEQUENCES?" Learned this the hard way by NOT checking all my nests and sending to another agency, missing the nested media.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set Default Export Location Per Project

I work on multiple projects for multiple clients, and each project has a unique folder on my drive, and each project has its own export folder. Premiere Pro always defaults to the last used export folder. Would be a lot easier if I could set my export folder per project, when I set it up. I hardly change where I'm exporting anything, except between projects. I'm pretty sure Final Cut Pro 7 did it like this and I miss it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tell us which version a project was made in if we can't open it.

When opening a project with an incorrect version of Premiere we get the error message "This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted."

If I don't want to upgrade my project to the current version because of compatibility concerns, I now have to install previous versions of the software one by one and attempt to open the project file in those versions to see which works. It would save us a lot of time if the error dialogue told us which version of the program we need in order to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. project lock files not get deleted after closing our project (on a network)

We are working on multiple projects, sometimes on "productions" and what we see are two things :

1- Status in a production is not always correct, can be I have project open but my colleague doesn't see on his production that that project has been taken by me. Its a status thing because when he wants to open my project, he gets messages that it be read only because its open on me. So no real harm done, just very annoying. We got suggestion on adobe to use in the debug database : MF.ForceDirectoryPolling but doesn't seem to solve the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick play of audio in the Project panel

I'd like to be able to quickly preview music from the Project window.
    I view these as a list and rather than having to double click to open then play in the source preview window it would be really fast to just hit a play button in the file list of the project window like I can do on our stock music website. Just a little play button next to or instead of the audio icon would be perfect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Production for Single User

Do not lock projects with a .prlock when the Production is created and used by one person for their sole development. There is no reason for the lock. The locking causes problems for a single user. But a Production has many valuable uses beyond a team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Record last saved project as recent project in Open Recent menu.

I modified an existing edit and saved as new project. But this newly saved project does not show in Open Recent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bin Browser

Hello,
    It’s nice to see new updates every time, and thanks go to the Adobe team. But our expectations are endless, lol... and I’m looking for another new tool that may help to navigate files in the bin more quickly. Here is the idea: Like the Media Browser, we may have a "Bin Browser" that is more like the Windows OS navigation pane.
    I’m attaching a video file that's going to show how it’ll work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A feature to make default bins

My idea is that the user could designate default bins for different types of scenes and graphics. if i could make a template that automatically sorts Text files into one bin, sequences into another, images into another, clips into another, image files into another and audio into another. the idea im suggesting is to have properties on bins to be the default for each of these catergories of content. so that whenever i make a new sequence or nested sequence or drag in content to use in my projects i could have them automatically go into the right folders. currently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the "relink others automatically" software better when attaching proxies from 3rd party sources.

I am using proxies made out of my a7iii and they always have problems relinking. Most of the time it just takes a while, now it is not connecting. I lose a lot of valuable time relinking my proxies one by one. I will probably switch to final cut if this problem is not resolved because I cannot keep losing money with time. I know a lot of others in this same boat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. se debería de mejorar las actualizaciones

se debería de mejorar las actualizaciones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Good and Bad take selector

We need more pre-production/ingest tools like being able to mark a clip good or bad and somewhere to say what's going on in the clip, then you could search/organize clips based off that info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. timeline setting - frame size width not going above from 16384...I want to work on a frame size 19360 X 1584 but not possible in premiere

timeline setting - frame size width not going above from 16384...I want to work on a frame size 19360 X 1584 but not possible in premiere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sequences

When I updated premiere pro, my sequences from previous version was removed. They say it was converted. I had to re edit my work! It was very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base