Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

45 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

48 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Trying to use Project Manager to export 6k Braw. but Getting this ERROR! an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Please HELP!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Menu options greyed out after XML export

After exporting XML in Premiere 2020 most menu options are greyed out. Under the File menu, things like Link Media, Export, Make Offline, Save, Save As, etc are all greyed out and unusable.

Please address this bug in the next update. Please thoughtfully check your software inside and out before posting an update. This is one of many bugs in the latest version of Premiere. I'm not sure why I'm paying for this and still using this software at this point. Check your work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow nested sequences to be shared across projects in Productions

Currently if you have a sequence you can used it as a nested sequence across multiple projects in a Production, without the sequence getting duplicated to each project.

It would great if sequences were treated like out assets and shared between projects to reduce redundancy.

I have older projects that I still access but are large and very slow to load and work on, covering them to Productions has sped them up massively but I now have nested sequences duplicated across multiple projects which is a headache to maintain.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save... for multiple locations automatically

As has been recommended by seasoned editors in the Premiere forum, I save my project in three separate locations frequently. This is safe but oh so tedious. Can the Save commands be reconfigured to be associated with each other? For instance, can I hit Save, which will automatically save my project AND optionally "save a copy" in two (or however many) other locations that I've previously chosen... using a logical version naming convention? I would love to achieve the exact same result that I do now... except with one click. I do the same multiple motions in a row, so…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save... for multiple locations automatically

As has been recommended by seasoned editors in the Premiere forum, I save my project in three separate locations frequently. This is safe but oh so tedious. Can the Save commands be reconfigured to be associated with each other? For instance, can I hit Save, which will automatically save my project AND optionally "save a copy" in two (or however many) other locations that I've previously chosen... using a logical version naming convention? I would love to achieve the exact same result that I do now... except with one click. I do the same multiple motions in a row, so…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Productions Bulk Export

Please provide an interface that allows selective bulk exporting of sequences contained within a Production. The ability to collect media for an entire Production would also be a good feature for this interface. Maybe call it Production Management?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Collaboration Upgrade: Sequence Locking (not just project locking)

So I was anticipating Productions would help my team of 5+ editors improve our collaborative workflow, but it actually complicated things immensely, and I realized what our team would most benefit from: in-project sequence locking. Ideally, all editors would be able to enter the same project at the same time, while working on separate sequences. Resolve already has this method of collaboration, but I'm loathe to switch my whole team over a system that doesn't have high output editing at the forefront of their product design (we use Davinci for select grading projects, but that's about it)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Video Usage doesn't work in Productions

If you a Production with two Projects
    1. Contains all your footage
    2. Contains your sequences where you are using the footage

In this scenario, the video usage metadata column for the footage project says the footages hasn't been used in any sequences. Obviously, it is unable to look across Projects in a Production. It's another oversight which makes Productions harder to use.

Will this get fixed in the future or is this another Productions issue we have to work around?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set Poster Frame with subclips doesn't work since last update NOV 2019 :(

I create a subclip and i cant organize my documentary material. Thats make my angry

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers.
    Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw
    We can see that this inside the .prproj XML :

<ClipLoggingInfo ObjectID="40" ClassID="77ab7fdd-dcdf-465d-9906-7a330ca1e738" Version="8">

<ClipName>A005_01231137_C004.braw</ClipName>
    <MediaInPoint>1577778048000000</MediaInPoint>
    <MediaOutPoint>1621427734080000</MediaOutPoint>
    <MediaFrameRate>10594584000</MediaFrameRate>
    <TimecodeFormat>110</TimecodeFormat>
    </ClipLoggingInfo>

is changed to this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Can't Rename anything in Projects Bin List View 14.0.1

In the projects bin, I'm completely unable to rename any asset.

No, the project is not in read-only mode.

Workaround is to switch out of List View and into Icon View. Now everything is renamable

Premiere Pro 14.0.1, Windows 10 up-to-date

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I am very disappointed with the output of my video. PPro did not save the entire video

I spent many hours on my project, saved it in various formats to insure that at least ONE would work (WMF, mp4, QuickTime, etc.) After trying both the Export option AND the Queue option for rendering, I closed the file and searched for the final output. To my disappointment, the mp4 did not render at all, the WMF rendered in a small screen, and did not capture the entire production (not all frames) in the final product and I don't see a Qtime format anywhere on my computer. THEN, I reopened the project and the first 1/2 of the frames…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Filter Used Clips in Icon-View Bin

There should be a way to filter out used/unused clips, especially in Icon and Freeform Views.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy any clips from outside project folder into project folder

Sometimes I accidentally (or on purpose if I'm rushed to finish an edit) import footage from outside my project folder, or from another drive entirely. It'd be great to have a feature where you can designate your project's footage folder and have a command to copy those clips into that folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base