Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

64 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

59 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Trying to use Project Manager to export 6k Braw. but Getting this ERROR! an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Please HELP!

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Problem suddenly with Premier Pro not opening multiple projects simultaneously

Between yesterday and today (August 25 and August 26, 2020) I can not open two different projects simultaneously. I could yesterday, but not today. This is an issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update bins in Premiere when new assets are added to project files.

I would like it so that when I add new folders/assets to folders on my mac it updates the bins within' Premiere.

So right now I'm working on a project and I've just sourced some extra B-Roll and I've added to the project folder in my mac. It's a little annoying having to also then repeat this process importing it into Adobe Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disposable projects

Often we have to just very quickly edit something for someone, try something out or do anything that doesn't take a long time, but we don't need the project to be saved in any specific location, or make any changes to standard settings that cannot be made while sending a sequence out for export.

The current workflow for those situations is to create a project like any other and, what consumes the most time, select a project location.

I want to propose the idea of a quick way to create disposable projects that will not be saved anywhere once they…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow nested sequences to be shared across projects in Productions

Currently if you have a sequence you can used it as a nested sequence across multiple projects in a Production, without the sequence getting duplicated to each project.

It would great if sequences were treated like out assets and shared between projects to reduce redundancy.

I have older projects that I still access but are large and very slow to load and work on, covering them to Productions has sped them up massively but I now have nested sequences duplicated across multiple projects which is a headache to maintain.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project Manager - Put the media in a sub-folder instead of everything in one cluttered folder

When running collecting media with Project Manager, it puts the whole project in one folder with the project file and all media and graphics in that same folder. This makes it hard to find the project since there can be hundreds of other files in the same folder.

I'd like the project to go in the main folder, and all media/graphic files go in a folder called "Media". That would significantly reduce the clutter and make the project much more presentable.

I personally don't think it's necessary to replicate the bin structure with folders (After Effects does this when collecting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. smart folders: Premiere follows the finder folder structure and updates automatically

smart folders: if you chose you can make it so that adobe follows the finder folder structure and when you add media to the finder folders it populates the bins in your PP browser.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. productions

Premiere Productions should have a nested sequence/project feature. Many people who are coming from long form into the new Productions workspace use nested sequences for each of their scenes. You should allow a master sequence within one project to contain nested references to sequences in other projects. These would be read-only unless you double click them to open up the original sequence/project.

As it is, Productions is cumbersome for keeping a master sequence of the entire show synced when you split your scenes into their own projects.

You should also allow the user to save a "Productions Workspace" which will…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re considering the nesting request, tracking that work as DVAPR-4223845.

We hadn’t heard the ‘cumbersome’ comment, but the feature film teams with which Productions was developed weren’t using nested sequences.

For the “Productions Workspace”: I think you can get that behavior today, were you to change Prefs —> General —> At Startup to “open most recent”, and then save a workspace containing your Production and desired one projects.

12. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Menu options greyed out after XML export

After exporting XML in Premiere 2020 most menu options are greyed out. Under the File menu, things like Link Media, Export, Make Offline, Save, Save As, etc are all greyed out and unusable.

Please address this bug in the next update. Please thoughtfully check your software inside and out before posting an update. This is one of many bugs in the latest version of Premiere. I'm not sure why I'm paying for this and still using this software at this point. Check your work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video Usage doesn't work in Productions

If you a Production with two Projects
    1. Contains all your footage
    2. Contains your sequences where you are using the footage

In this scenario, the video usage metadata column for the footage project says the footages hasn't been used in any sequences. Obviously, it is unable to look across Projects in a Production. It's another oversight which makes Productions harder to use.

Will this get fixed in the future or is this another Productions issue we have to work around?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import Groups from Libraries organized ito folders

Hope to be able to import groups from Libraries organized into folders as weel with group name converted to folder name in projects

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow "Save As..." for projects in a production.

When working in a "Production", using "Save As..." to create a new version of the project causes the following event:

"Duplicate IDs. This production contains projects with duplicate IDs, which will interfere with tracking media across projects. Please remove these duplicated projects..." etc.

Why doesn't the new version of the project have it's own unique ID?

To avoid this issue, you must save the new version outside of the production folder, and then add it back into the production using "Add Project To Production...", so that the copy that is created has it's own unique ID. This is an overly…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix "Reassociate Master Clips"

Currently, you have to find each time the clip occurs in your sequence, which is cumbersome and time consuming. Why is "Reassociate Master Clips" always greyed out when I click on the inevitable 'Recovered Clip' in the project bin?

Second, even once it's been reassociated, the Recovered Clips bin (which is now empty) remains, and if I try to delete it, I'm told it contains items that are used in the project. And if I click yes, then those items that USED to be in the 'Recovered Clips' bin are then removed from the project, even though, in theory, they…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base