Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please, make possible for the users to choose the video card they have and want to use in the settings!!

Please, make possible for the users to choose the video card they have and want to use in the settings!!

Premiere advices me to upgrade my internal video card and in fact doesn't turn on in the 14 version when I switch it off in the system. Instead of that you could make possible, in the settings, to choose which one of my video cards I will be using. Because my external one is much more powerful but the Premiere keeps looking at the internal one. Thanks for your work

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. guides

Would love it for guides to be not workspace dependent but timeline dependent. So that a particular timeline has it's own set of guides. I get wanting to have the same guides that I can use across all timelines, but when I'm doing versioning for social spaces, I need my guides to be different for the different screenscapes I'm working within.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. silence my clips in the SOURCE panel

Frequently I want to SILENCE a clip playing in the source panel so I can preview sound from elsewhere, to see what goes together. BUTTON for that would be great.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Timeline Preference for new tracks - Sync Lock OFF (or on)

Sync lock can be useful, but 9 times out of ten, when I add a new track to a timeline, I want it off. It's forever screwing me up when I go to trim after adding something to a new track and it can be awhile before I notice I just chopped the **** out of my new track. It would be great if there was a timeline (or sequence) preference that allowed you to choose the default behavior of sync locks for new tracks--ON or OFF depending on how the user likes to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have twice been told that Audition has a black background for the workspace and grey text and that it can't be changed.

It seems ridiculous to me that I pay $600/year for Creative Cloud and you can't let me set my screen colors. I get this option with freeware! How about it? In the long run "You can get a Model T in any color you want as long as it is black" didn't work for long for Ford and the Model T cost less than Creative Cloud.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control of Increment size on "Increase / Decrease Keyframe Value"

Allow setting of the adjustment range for "Increase / Decrease Keyframe Value"

I see in the 2015 release Increase / Decrease Keyframe Value was added as an assignable keyboard shortcut.

Right now this only does this in 5 point value increments. I.e. 30 35 40 45.

More control over this would be great. Or setting it to 1 I.e. 31 32 33 34, so that there is finer control.

Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello! I can't drag elements to the timeline in premiere. Help please

Hello! I can't drag elements to the timeline in premiere. Help please

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Setting to contextually ignore toggle for overwriting as individual clips or nests if using multicamera source sequence

The toggle on the timeline to insert or overwrite source sequences as nests or individual clips is one of my favourite Premiere Pro features. However, sometimes I have a project where I will be editing with some source sequnces that are regular sequences and some that are multicamera.

When the source sequence is a multicamera source sequence, I will ALWAYS want the behaviour to be overwriting as a nested sequence, otherwise there would be no point for me to have made it a multicamera source sequence in the first place. However I will almost ALWAYS want regular sequences loaded as…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop defaulting Write XMP ID on Import to Off

Every single time I update Premiere, it changes Write XMP ID to Off. I can't understand why it would do this, but it's ridiculously obnoxious. Default it to on. Leave it on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hebrew in Premier Pro

Please make it possible to write in Hebrew in Premier Pro and that it wouldn't show the word reversed, Thank you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make an option to choose which effect to manipulate on timeline clips by default. no

make an option to choose which effect to manipulate on timeline clips by default. now it's only Opacity. it's a hustle to switch to Time Remapping when you make a lot of speedramps.
    also, make clips thumbnails visible under that line when switched to Time Remapping, like it's visible otherwise

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An Autosave countdown warning would be amazing. Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something.

Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something. It's really not okay for this to happen and can throw off your cutting groove. It's essential not to be interrupted, especially mid-edit. If the team is not capable of coding a non-interrupting autosave, please allow the option of an autosave warning, or countdown, letting us know the program is about to save and completely stop you from working. If we're deep into an edit and need to focus, we can hit a command/use a mouse click to stop the autosave before it kicks in. Removing…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clip Codec in Video Overlay Settings

As an addition to the Overlay Settings, I would like to be able to view the Codec of any clip under the playhead in the same way that I could view Timecode.

This could be useful for users that edit proxies so that they can be aware that they are using proxy media or full resolution media.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to decide whether to keep or delete a render

if I run the render "in/out render", the only way to exit is to hit the "cancel" button.
    If I press "cancel" all the rendering done up to that moment, it is canceled.

Tt would be very useful to introduce the possibility of deciding whether to completely cancel the render or cancel the render from the point where you arrived forward (keeping the render up to that point).

A button to decide whether to keep the rendering done or cancel everything.
    Now you can only go out and erase everything, which is meaningless.
    It would be useful to have the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically create sequence at start of new project

I believe this use to be a thing way back in Adobe 5.0 in 2004, but I would like it that when I create a new project it would automatically create a new sequence. The sequence created would be whatever the user wants as their default and would be chosen at the time the user first uses Premiere. This of course could be triggered on or off.

To most high end users this would be a feature they wouldn't use, but in a classroom with 120+ students using Premiere the less steps they have to go through just to start…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change sequence settings while retaining framing and timing

Currently, if I receive a timeline that is 4K, and the final output is to be HD, and my computer can't handle the playback of the 4K sequence - and I go to sequence settings and change the timeline to HD (scale down), all the footage that was scaled to, or framed for the 4K screen will have retained its pixel size relative to the HD frame. i.e. a 4K footage that is scaled 100% on a 4K output (full frame), will still be 100% if i change the sequence to HD and be far too large for the new…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have Vegas pro installed on the same computer and the scroll mouse woI can't change it and I have a big problem practicing on two programs

I have Vegas pro installed on the same computer and the scroll mouse works differently there. It doesn't shift sideways but works as a zoom.
    I have a big problem practicing on two programs

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Legacy Title text frames - ability to change the color so you can see it better

Having an issue with editing text on a white background using Legacy Title tool. My text frame / bounding box is white too, so it is near impossible to see where it is. This includes the handles of the text box. It's all white. Blends right in. And I haven't been able to figure out how to change this in the preferences or even find anything on google about this.

In the attached image, you can see how that looks. That's with the text frame selected. That's how it looks when I'm typing in it, moving it around, resizing. The…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base