Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the file keep crashing on and on with Thai langauge

I can't even press down any Thai letter to the text box with both Premier Pro and After Effects. Hunnnni saves me please

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Essential Sound Tab to EDIT

I understand the desire to promote the new stock music. but 99% of the time I go to Essential Sound it's to...WORK ON THE SOUND.

Please make the edit tab default, not the browse for STOCK tab.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option field for interpolation.

An option field for the interpolation settings so users can put their preferences in instead of the standard once:
    temporal interpolation = linear
    spatial interpolation = bezier
    This would support the style of everyone of us and increase work flow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make keyboard shortcut preference files produced on mac work on windows versions of Premiere and vice versa

If you don't have access to a windows/mac machine, but will be starting work at a facility that uses one or the other exclusively, you really don't want to waste a huge amount of time remembering and setting up your shortcuts. I developed mine to be perfect for me over a process of years and I depend on them. People aren't impressed if you spend time when you're supposed to be editing trying to set these up and they aren't impressed if you appear to have never used Premiere before because you keep pressing keys that do something unexpected either.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop Bringing Legacy Panels Back with Every Workspace Reset

I have problems with saving my workspace under Premiere Pro. Regardless of disabling the "Legacy Panels" and saving my workspace, they come back up every time I open a project.

Even right after saving a workspace, when I hit reset with saved settings, the Legacy panels that were not included with the save come back.

I have to close them every single time I open a project and it defeats the purpose of being able to save workspaces.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to choose and name "Label" colors

There should be more options and better naming that the select colors you guys have for Labels. I have worked on projects where I have literally used them all up before and need more.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Timeline timeruler size for scrubbing

I would like to suggest the area at the top of your timeline where you have the time ruler. It would be great if we could expand the size of that area.
    I edit using two monitors and daily end up accidently grabbing the entire window or a sequence tab and dragging it out of the monitor when all I'm trying to do is scrub or select that area.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Control over cloud sync and saving preferences plus saving iterations of saved settings

I am a commercial producer that shoots and edits video on a daily basis.

First:

I want to be able to see my preferences in the cloud. I want to be able to verify that they actually have been saved. There should a folder somewhere where ALL your apps that can save to the cloud save their preferences sorted by product name in folders for each individual product. Those saves should be named something that a user can understand, something like "premiere-computername-date.preffs" in a folder called "Premiere Pro Sync." I do not want to see files named "ddd3456ggth-khjgzds556sadk9898-iusdHJF786678dsfhidsjhojfdohjio.preffs" Nonsensical file…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workspace Still not Properly Saving

Premiere Version 14.2.0 - Windows 10 Pro

When creating a new project the Project Panel is STILL not in the correct place. Everything else in the workspace saves properly. For the past several updates the issue has been the same.

The Project Panel is the only window not properly saving. This only occurs when starting a new project.

I've tried all of the troubleshooting recommended over the span of several months.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make opening a sequence when creating a sequence optional

When creating a sequence, make its automatic opening optional in Preferences>Timeline on par with the new "Restore open sequences when opening projects" feature. The idea is to stop a Timeline panel to popup if you are in a workspace that's only dealing with clips and sequences organisation and not editing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preference to disable Intel QuickSync Decoding

Please add a preference to disable Intel QuickSync hardware decoding for troubleshooting purposes as multiple users with this issue have requested such: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2020?page=1&per_page=20

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give options for background and text color combinations

I suggest that users be given many options for background and text color combinations within the application. It is vital for users to be able to change the “theme” of the background so that instead of being grey with pale gray lettering, it is what low vision people need: white background, with black fonts. Dark backgrounds with grey fonts are historically difficult even for people with normal vision. For anyone with cataracts or many other ophthalmologic afflictions, it is quite exhausting to decipher the commands and menu items on the Premiere Pro screen.

Through your customer support I was able…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adjustable Gain Hotkey

Would be great if gain could be adjusted "nudged" like volume can up and down. So like volume I can adjust the gain on the fly without having to bring up the gain settings everytime.

Also would be nice to be able to paste gain settings when applying effect to multiple clips.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Could a layout be chosen for the visually impaired; so with larger icons?

Could a layout be chosen for the visually impaired; so with larger icons?
    that would be also useful for motor impairments who work with eye control, like me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Proxy Ingest Preset does not allow smaller resolutions then 1024x576

I want to use a smaller resolution for proxy files the 1024x576. If i create a media encoder preset with for example 480x270. And then create a ingest preset, then the resolution can't be lower then 1024x576.

Could this be fixed?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit Workspaces

edit Workspaces

last year I sent a feedback but I think it's worth sending again. I have been working with the "Projects" table on the top left side and the "Info" table on the side.

I saved this workspace, but every time I open a new project it returns to normal... (stay below with the effects table)

thx

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to Set Default "Open Project" Directory

As a user, I can set a default directory which will be available when I click "open project" from the home screen of Adobe Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit Keyboard shortcuts simply does not work

I am running both Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020 and in the 2020 version (latest build) when I go to Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts absolutely nothing happens. The default shortcuts are working but I cannot edit them. They are working as expected in 2019.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base