Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. include images in the project file.

If you need to move the image, you should find it every time.
    Please add features so that we can include low-capacity images in the project file. In the on-off format.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An option to leave the folders in the effects panel the way they are after closing a project

I hate that I have to reopen all my most important folders in the panel every time I reopen a project.

I realize that some users might prefer having them all closed at default, so having this as an option rather than a permanent feature would probably be better.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SET TO FRAME SIZE and SCALE TO FRAME SIZE are backwards in operation from their names...

The names are backwards from the logic of what they actually do. Set scales smaller or larger and Scale sets it be the resolution of the timeline throwing away the ability to scale with the clips higher resolution.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Workspaces not working

Saved Workspaces do not work in Premiere Pro. When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

It was suggested that I file a bug report.

Here's the original thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2514315

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Properties Panel should have changeable background colours depending on the darkness you choose.

The properties panel, while handy, is annoyingly only one background colour; black text on a white background. I personally prefer to edit with dark panels and it makes the panel a real eye sore. It's overly bright compared the rest and it honestly makes it hard for me to focus sometimes (pedantic I know).

The darkness of your panels should dictate the background and text colours. So if I am using a darker panel setting the text of the properties panel should be darker with white text instead.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Being able to HotKey video layers

Resolve and Flame have a feature that allows you to have a hotkey mapped to video layers. This is helpful when conforming an EDL to match an offline video reference. Premiere does not have this feature. In premiere I have to click the eye ball to hide video layers as opposed to being able to press a hot key and view your selection.... This would save a lot of post production editors time when conforming. I would also love to be able to hotkey a difference or angle split between two video layers. Right now I am having a reference…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Warn me when the Media Cache is set back to the default location. Bloated startup disk doom!

We all know Premiere makes a ton of media cache files. That's fine! We alleviate this by having a dedicated, external SSD where the media cache files are set to, instead of bloating our startup disks.

But! Quite frequently, for whatever reason, without notice, Premiere will set the cache files to the default location, which on the startup disk. Before my editors know it, they have 250GB of cache files on their startup disk and OSX is saying they've run out of space on their disk!

I'd love to have Premiere warn us when that location has changed to the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let Premiere Pro export quicktime codec H.264

Please find a way to let Premiere Pro CC 2018 export Quicktime codec H.264 like before.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto Suggest effects stacking order for faster renders

Some fx will impact render times 5 x when they're placed at the top of the fx stack (EG: neat video will be 5 times faster if applied first [top fx] in the effect control panel).

I suggest there will be an "analyze effects" or "Analyze Sequence for render performance". Once clicked the software will test a couple of frame renders of each clip and thus able to suggest effect stacking order for best performance.

Obviously with the help of community and ML the software can recommend some best practices on the fly based on it's knowledge.

User will be…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer.

Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer. I noticed through the console you can change the overall font size which helps a little but if you go over 15 pt the timeline font gets cropped off at the bottom. In Avid you can change the font size of everything individually and not just the font size but he actual font it self. When you're staring at the screen all day it greatly helps to be able to crank up the font size and even to make it bold.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. double save

Hello,

You should create a feature that whenever you save a project (ctrl + S) Premiere automatically will save the project to another destination of your choosing simultaneously. So let,s say I have a project on D:, in the settings you select "also save project to ________ drive. I have run into many corrupt projects, and this can be a convenient way to retreave a corrupt project. Yes, there is auto-save, but sometimes that does not save the latest version.

You have "Save a copy" in the menu, but it should automatically do so.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A "Reveal in Finder" button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel that reveals the keyboard setting .kys file

Just like it sounds, a button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (and similar preset panels) that reveals the actual setting file in the Finder (the .kys file for Keyboard Settings for example) would be really nice, instead of having to navigate through the User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere> etc etc

If you move your settings around a lot as many pros do it's nice to be able to access them quickly.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. presets bin in the effects panel

Delete default presets in the effects bin.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug - "Automatically clear settings on application quit" doesn't work

There's a button that's supposed to clear alternate user settings on quit. It doesn't work at all.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switch user settings without closing project

I use a shared system and often realize someone else has been working there and set it to sync their cloud settings. Fixing this currently forces me to close everything. Why? Update the settings without closing the project. They're just keyboard and interface settings, there's no reason to close everything for that.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ease In & Out Hotkey Option

Hi, please add the option to set Hotkeys for Ease In and Ease Out of Keyframes! I don't know how many hours of my life this has allready cost me, always having to right click and chose Ease In or Out! PLEASE make it happen!

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This Action Will Delete Existing Keyframes warning... WHY?

Why is there a pop up warning when deleting keyframes in Premiere 'Pro'. Are Pro users not savvy enough to know what they're doing and need a warning EVERY SINGLE TIME we delete keyframes?

There is no warning like this in After Effects. Why in Premiere?

I've requested this be removed since CS5. How does this annoying pop-up still exist?

At least give a preference toggle to turn this off. Seriously.

Over 7 yrs, come on Adobe! Give your Pro users the benefit of the doubt in this 'Pro' application. YES I KNOW I AM DELETING KEYFRAMES.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/801578

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop Bugs!

Ever since the new update, I have had SOOO many problems with Premiere Pro. The most annoying one is that it messed up my workspaces. Every time I click on a workspace it has a pop-up saying that I have to save-as. Also, it messed up all of my workspaces and deleted some. Whenever I try to customize my workspaces again, they get reverted after starting the app again. This is very annoying and I should not be paying the price I do for apps with this many bugs. Please fix this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easily adjustable rules for applying luts to footage.

You cannot batch control luts right now on master clips. It would be great if we had a way to apply luts based off of metadata such as this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Autosave when idle for 30 seconds

Avid doesn't interrupt you when you're working in order to autosave.

You can select an autosave of, for instance, 5 minutes in preferences, which means at the 5 minute mark it will wait to be idle before autosaving.
    A second 'force autosave' preference is available. If you set that to say, 10 minutes, it would stop you working (like Premiere) and force an autosave.
    It is so annoying to be away from your desk only to sit down and get an autosave.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base