Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. An Autosave countdown warning would be amazing. Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something.

Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something. It's really not okay for this to happen and can throw off your cutting groove. It's essential not to be interrupted, especially mid-edit. If the team is not capable of coding a non-interrupting autosave, please allow the option of an autosave warning, or countdown, letting us know the program is about to save and completely stop you from working. If we're deep into an edit and need to focus, we can hit a command/use a mouse click to stop the autosave before it kicks in. Removing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to decide whether to keep or delete a render

if I run the render "in/out render", the only way to exit is to hit the "cancel" button.
    If I press "cancel" all the rendering done up to that moment, it is canceled.

Tt would be very useful to introduce the possibility of deciding whether to completely cancel the render or cancel the render from the point where you arrived forward (keeping the render up to that point).

A button to decide whether to keep the rendering done or cancel everything.
    Now you can only go out and erase everything, which is meaningless.
    It would be useful to have the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Arrange Multicam Monitors (main program window ABOVE multicam selection)

I would really like to be able to place the multicam "program" monitor ABOVE the multiple camera windows instead of beside them. this would make MUCH more sense for maximizing screen real estate on most monitors. It would be even better if the multicam selection pane didn't have to be ganged to the main program monitor, but being able to at least arrange the program monitor above the multi-cam monitor would be a good start.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mouse scroll ZOOM should be an option in Preferences instead of just Horiz and Vert.

The horizontal behavior of mouse scroll is the stupidest functionality I've ever encountered. Mouse Scroll should ZOOM and yet under preferences the only options are Horizontal or Vertical. Please add ZOOM instead of having to hold ALT key for what, to some people, should be the default action.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please remove the Auto Save POP UP when it's saving. It's highly distracting while editing.

The auto save has this incredibly annoying POP UP that appears during it's function. There is no need for the pop up. Please add an option to turn the POP UP off. When we are editing, concentration is key, and this POP UP breaks concentration. It's a huge pain constantly being disturbed. Thanks. I'm sure many will agree.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Re-enable pasting of passwords into the Creative Cloud login screen

Has anyone had any issues recently where you cant paste passwords or two-factor authentication codes into the login fields of the Creative Cloud authentication screen?

I came in to work this morning, and I could no longer paste my password from 1Password, and had to type it in with the keyboard, like a caveman.

My only workaround to this is to create a Keyboard Maestro macro that "pastes" the copied password from my system clipboard to the password field by emulating the keystrokes, rather than by pasting.

I'm on macOS 10.13.6, Creative Cloud Desktop App v4.9.0.504

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. READABLE FONTS ON BACKGROUND INTERFACE

Writing to dark on interface. Cannot read the letters unless selected. Dark on dark is too dark. Readable interface. Custumizeable.
    And sizing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Preference to increase font size of the interface of Premiere Pro

Option to increase the size of font and style of font for the interface. Used CC2017 and font size was good, thinner text was readable. Upgraded to CC2019 and font was too small and the thin labels on Bins and Sequences were unreadable. The labels of the items in the timeline were unreadable. Reverted back to CC2017 after a few days of trying to adjust.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG: Sync Settings Before Signing In Wipes Workspaces

If you aren't signed into Premiere's sync settings panel and already have workspaces set up, when you do log in it wipes all of your custom workspaces despite having "upload only" or "ask my preference" selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The line on the timeline that separates PICTURE from SOUND should stand out at a glance. Make it RED? or GREEN or BLUE?

The line on the timeline that separates PICTURE from SOUND should stand out at a glance. Make it RED? or GREEN or BLUE?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Validate preferences on startup

Why is it that one of the standard suggestions given for resolving problems is to "trash preferences" because they get corrupted?
    Why/how are preferences getting corrupted in the first place ? That seems absurd.

And if that's not easily remedied, then why not at least validate the preferences data upon startup, to warn users of the corruption? Having to reset all your preferences is not acceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keyboard Shortcuts in Menus

When creating a keyboard shortcut for a command that appears in any menu, show that keyboard shortcut in the menu next to the menu item.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Avid works like this. Clips work like this in Premiere. Thumbnails for sequences show up in Icon View in Premiere. Why not for list view?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Place label colors next to label names in the timeline menu.

I like to change my clip colors by right clicking a clip or group of clips in the timeline, going to >label> then selecting the label color. With all of the new color options I have a hard time remembering which color is which, and which color I've selected for specific characters, locations, or scenes in my timeline. Would be great just to have a small swatch next to the color name to quickly identify!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove master track stereo icon - so decrease width of header

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9706434#9706434

This is driving me bonkers. I'm working on a laptop and it's killing me interface-wise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please change the audio wave form color to the original way; which was: Black background, and actual waveform colored

Please change the audio wave form's colors to the original way; which was: Black background, and actual waveform colored.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. pending

Hi, I came up with 2 solutions about the "media pending" problem you get with .MP4 video files. In my case, these 2 methods worked fine for me but I truely believe the first one is the most important and effective.

• So, to solve that you have to reorganize your "Assembly" window. What I mean by that is to reorder your media files by putting them in several bins. Instead of having 3 bins of 60 files in it, make 10 or 12 bins with 10 to 20 files maximum in them. Then, things will be faster to load and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Project locking on by default

The project locking feature is currently off by default. That means we really can't count on it since that preference is set per user. Any one person with it off (likely because they don't even know it exists) can open and overwrite anyone else's open project regardless of everyone else's settings.

For project locking to be useful, it must be on by default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve shared storage operation regarding cache and cache db

We operate PPro on a NetApp NAS with a dedicated All-Flash-Drive-Array for caching. All Premiere installations point to the same directory for the cache files, while each workstation uses its own cache db on an internal ssd. While this works fine in general, every now and then PPro automatically resets the chache file path to its defaults without any notice. Please make the user's choice a permanet one. If the location is not available, PPro sould issue a warning message in that case (eg. if the network is not ready for any reason.)
    Also, we would very much appreciate if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base