Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

379 results found

1. Need preferences option to disable Composite In Linear Color

Within the preferences menu, I need the option to disable Composite In Linear Color (found in the Sequence Settings menu). I never use this option as cross dissolves are jarring with it on. I'd prefer to have this option disabled every time I create a new project and to not to have to manually turn it off each time I create a new project. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. View label colours while in Icon view.

We need to be able to see our label colours while in the icon view. Not sure why we can't do this as it would be super helpful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BUG: Sync Settings To Adobe Cloud Fails

I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time.
    Using PrPro v 14.4.0 (Build 38) under macOS 10.4.6, whenever I try to sync my local settings up to Adobe Cloud, the sync fails.
    What I see is that in the 14.0 folder, when I say to sync my settings to the cloud, my local sync folder
    Profile-rm
    gets created as
    Profile-CreativeCloud-
    (note the lack of the "rm" on the end of the folder).
    I have tried the following (at each step, I re-try syncing both up and down):
    1. Deleting the 14.0 folder in the Documents folder;
    2. Uninstalling the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve exporting Markers lists (and spell check would be nice)

The current system is very limited in being able to export marker lists, one of the three doesn't even include the written comments, just a timecode and the other two leave a lot to be desired.

Revamp this for a much more useful expience where we can export PDFs of the entire project, add custom colors, even some custom formatting would be awesome. If not too much, a spell check would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve exporting Markers lists (and spell check would be nice)

The current system is very limited in being able to export marker lists, one of the three doesn't even include the written comments, just a timecode.
    Revamp this for a much more useful expience where we can export PDFs of the entire project, add custom colors, even some custom formatting would be awesome. If not too much, a spell check would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In and Out Points after Interpreting

I propose an option when interpreting footage in Premiere. Lets say you have a bunch of files shot at 60fps and you bring them into premiere and start working with them. You set in and out points on all your clips trying to trim the fat. Well now I know I want those shots on a 23.976 timeline to playback in slow motion. I could slow down the clips with speed in the timeline right? Well that does not work as well as interpreting the footage does. So I go back to my file and I do modify>interpret footage. This…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customizable Focus Highlight Color

It would be really great if the end user could choose a Focus Highlight Color from a color wheel and set it to any shade he/she requires. This will add tremendous value to PP as end users truly love customizing the look and feel of a product they use on a daily basis. I have attached an example I saw on a forum.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fix the bug that deleted default workspaces reappear after restart and custom ones are put in the overflow menu

deleted custom workspaces reappear after restarting premiere. if i download sync, they are gone but my custom workspaces are in the overflow menu. like this i have to download settings and put the custom ones in the bar every time i restart premiere. i got to have just custom ones in order to get my shortcuts on the custom workspaces work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. double save

Hello,

You should create a feature that whenever you save a project (ctrl + S) Premiere automatically will save the project to another destination of your choosing simultaneously. So let,s say I have a project on D:, in the settings you select "also save project to ________ drive. I have run into many corrupt projects, and this can be a convenient way to retreave a corrupt project. Yes, there is auto-save, but sometimes that does not save the latest version.

You have "Save a copy" in the menu, but it should automatically do so.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a preference to reset preferences

Wouldn't it be great if the preferences panel itself had an option for "Reset preferences to factory default (requires restart)"?

Many users have no idea what keys to press when launching Premiere to reset preferences. Those keys also vary between Adobe apps, and it would be great if they were the same on all apps.

A simple preference checkbox would make this more discoverable.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. .kys file

Make it easier to import a .kys file into Preferences. Right now it has to be in a specific folder in order for Premiere to "see" it. Having an option to import a .kys file would improve the experience, if Premiere loses track of the file (happens sometimes when the work environment has to be changed).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Project-Window sorting order defaults to "frame-rate"

After reinstalling Premiere, the issue disappears and files get sorted by name. But after a week or so, the issue reappears and it defaults to sorting by frame-rate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change "I-Frame only MPEG" to QuickTime ProRes 422 LT in Sequence Settings on Windows

Every time, when I create a sequence from file, I change "Preview File Format" from I-Frame Only MPEG to ProRes 422 LT. I know, "I-Frame Only" its a good old times format, but today, when you bring a ProRes in Windows, It is time to change standard format?=)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Productions - Show Project Media

It would be great, while using Productions, to have the ability to turn on a setting where all the media referenced in a Project's sequences can be visible within the project window. This would act similar to Avid's "Show Reference Clips" in the Set Bin Display panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow Premiere Pro to have more than 16 color labels

Having the 16 color label limit is very frustrating for some specific work.

It would be fantastic if Adobe Would remove this limit label limit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Premiere Pro "ImporterQuickTime.prm" issue.

Premiere Pro does not launch and it stop at "ImporterQuickTime.prm". after update to Premiere Pro Version 22.0.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mute Source Window Button (not the same as scrubbing!)

There is no button to mute the source window. There are times when other audio is playing and I do not wish to hear the playback from the source window preview because it's not needed. But there's no way to turn it off, or pot it down.
    To be clear, this is not the same as "Mute While Scrubbing" which already exists as an option.
    Often footage contains ambient sound/noise that isnt necessary to be heard during assembly, or at all.

Please give us the simple option to Mute the Source Window!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve Control Surface Customization in Premiere Pro: Support for X-Touch Mini and others

I got my new X-Touch Mini today, and I have to say that I'm very disappointed with how little support Audition and Premiere Pro have for it. For instance, support is limited to Mackie Control (MC) mode, the encoder knobs are limited to panning, and the buttons to their default functions, some of which don't work.

This device is relatively inexpensive and is extremely popular with Lightroom Classic users (using the midi2lr plugin). It is unfortunate that the developers couldn't invest a little bit of time to make this device awesome in Audition and Premiere Pro by creating one or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make this available in projects within an Adobe Premiere Production: "Display the project item name and label color for all instances"

This option is not available for projects within a production.
    It is heartbreaking that I can't use this with my team and have to abandon Productions for this reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop Bringing Legacy Panels Back with Every Workspace Reset

I have problems with saving my workspace under Premiere Pro. Regardless of disabling the "Legacy Panels" and saving my workspace, they come back up every time I open a project.

Even right after saving a workspace, when I hit reset with saved settings, the Legacy panels that were not included with the save come back.

I have to close them every single time I open a project and it defeats the purpose of being able to save workspaces.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base