Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve exporting Markers lists (and spell check would be nice)

The current system is very limited in being able to export marker lists, one of the three doesn't even include the written comments, just a timecode.
    Revamp this for a much more useful expience where we can export PDFs of the entire project, add custom colors, even some custom formatting would be awesome. If not too much, a spell check would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In and Out Points after Interpreting

I propose an option when interpreting footage in Premiere. Lets say you have a bunch of files shot at 60fps and you bring them into premiere and start working with them. You set in and out points on all your clips trying to trim the fat. Well now I know I want those shots on a 23.976 timeline to playback in slow motion. I could slow down the clips with speed in the timeline right? Well that does not work as well as interpreting the footage does. So I go back to my file and I do modify>interpret footage. This…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customizable Focus Highlight Color

It would be really great if the end user could choose a Focus Highlight Color from a color wheel and set it to any shade he/she requires. This will add tremendous value to PP as end users truly love customizing the look and feel of a product they use on a daily basis. I have attached an example I saw on a forum.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. fix the bug that deleted default workspaces reappear after restart and custom ones are put in the overflow menu

deleted custom workspaces reappear after restarting premiere. if i download sync, they are gone but my custom workspaces are in the overflow menu. like this i have to download settings and put the custom ones in the bar every time i restart premiere. i got to have just custom ones in order to get my shortcuts on the custom workspaces work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. double save

Hello,

You should create a feature that whenever you save a project (ctrl + S) Premiere automatically will save the project to another destination of your choosing simultaneously. So let,s say I have a project on D:, in the settings you select "also save project to ________ drive. I have run into many corrupt projects, and this can be a convenient way to retreave a corrupt project. Yes, there is auto-save, but sometimes that does not save the latest version.

You have "Save a copy" in the menu, but it should automatically do so.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. .kys file

Make it easier to import a .kys file into Preferences. Right now it has to be in a specific folder in order for Premiere to "see" it. Having an option to import a .kys file would improve the experience, if Premiere loses track of the file (happens sometimes when the work environment has to be changed).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preference Option to Disable New Import Window

Please create a Preference option to disable the new import window. The import window is rather clunky and the old method served my needs much better (for example you have a dedicated import window but you can only create one bin for the import?).

Or at least create a preference option to allow New Projects to be created in the Edit window/workspace instead of automatically jumping to the Import window/workspace.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change "I-Frame only MPEG" to QuickTime ProRes 422 LT in Sequence Settings on Windows

Every time, when I create a sequence from file, I change "Preview File Format" from I-Frame Only MPEG to ProRes 422 LT. I know, "I-Frame Only" its a good old times format, but today, when you bring a ProRes in Windows, It is time to change standard format?=)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premiere Pro "ImporterQuickTime.prm" issue.

Premiere Pro does not launch and it stop at "ImporterQuickTime.prm". after update to Premiere Pro Version 22.0.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reorder the drop down list for "Project" panel

"Close Project" is much more useful than "Close Panel" and should be listed first on the list of options provided after right-clicking the Project panel header.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mute Source Window Button (not the same as scrubbing!)

There is no button to mute the source window. There are times when other audio is playing and I do not wish to hear the playback from the source window preview because it's not needed. But there's no way to turn it off, or pot it down.
    To be clear, this is not the same as "Mute While Scrubbing" which already exists as an option.
    Often footage contains ambient sound/noise that isnt necessary to be heard during assembly, or at all.

Please give us the simple option to Mute the Source Window!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improved Clip and Sequence Marker Functionality for Export and Interoperability

The ability to work with, export, save and import Clip and Sequence Markers in Adobe Premiere Pro needs to be dramatically improved.

There needs to be a function that allows you to export ALL clip markers from ALL the individual clips that are laid out in one sequence. At the moment you only seem to be able to export Sequence markers or clip markers individually from individual clips. The ability to export everything into one document would be much better.

There needs to be a better way of exporting these markers into a document - the current export as HTML…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Project Bin Not Saving in Workspace

When saving a new workspace in a new project or any project it doesn't keep the project bin were the workspace is saved too. I know it's easy just to move it every time you open premiere but it's super annoying.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need preferences option to disable Composite In Linear Color

Within the preferences menu, I need the option to disable Composite In Linear Color (found in the Sequence Settings menu). I never use this option as cross dissolves are jarring with it on. I'd prefer to have this option disabled every time I create a new project and to not to have to manually turn it off each time I create a new project. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make this available in projects within an Adobe Premiere Production: "Display the project item name and label color for all instances"

This option is not available for projects within a production.
    It is heartbreaking that I can't use this with my team and have to abandon Productions for this reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop Bringing Legacy Panels Back with Every Workspace Reset

I have problems with saving my workspace under Premiere Pro. Regardless of disabling the "Legacy Panels" and saving my workspace, they come back up every time I open a project.

Even right after saving a workspace, when I hit reset with saved settings, the Legacy panels that were not included with the save come back.

I have to close them every single time I open a project and it defeats the purpose of being able to save workspaces.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give options for background and text color combinations

I suggest that users be given many options for background and text color combinations within the application. It is vital for users to be able to change the “theme” of the background so that instead of being grey with pale gray lettering, it is what low vision people need: white background, with black fonts. Dark backgrounds with grey fonts are historically difficult even for people with normal vision. For anyone with cataracts or many other ophthalmologic afflictions, it is quite exhausting to decipher the commands and menu items on the Premiere Pro screen.

Through your customer support I was able…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change sequence settings while retaining framing and timing

Currently, if I receive a timeline that is 4K, and the final output is to be HD, and my computer can't handle the playback of the 4K sequence - and I go to sequence settings and change the timeline to HD (scale down), all the footage that was scaled to, or framed for the 4K screen will have retained its pixel size relative to the HD frame. i.e. a 4K footage that is scaled 100% on a 4K output (full frame), will still be 100% if i change the sequence to HD and be far too large for the new…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keyboard Shortcuts in the Cloud

It would be awesome if you guys enabled a feature where you could upload your edited keyboard shortcuts to the cloud for your account. That way when you do a clean re-install on your computer (Mac or Windows) you can come back to Premiere with your shortcuts already there back to normal. Or if you going to work on someone else's computer, it would be nice to even be able to share your keyboard shortcuts with someone else's account or export them into a file that you could import into Premiere.

Thanks so much Adobe!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base