Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

379 results found

1. Custom color the interface

I would like the ability to select custom colors for the Appearance preferences. Background, bins, scroll bar, highlight color, etc..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Let Premiere Pro export quicktime codec H.264

Please find a way to let Premiere Pro CC 2018 export Quicktime codec H.264 like before.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A "Reveal in Finder" button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel that reveals the keyboard setting .kys file

Just like it sounds, a button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (and similar preset panels) that reveals the actual setting file in the Finder (the .kys file for Keyboard Settings for example) would be really nice, instead of having to navigate through the User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere> etc etc

If you move your settings around a lot as many pros do it's nice to be able to access them quickly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved Clip and Sequence Marker Functionality for Export and Interoperability

The ability to work with, export, save and import Clip and Sequence Markers in Adobe Premiere Pro needs to be dramatically improved.

There needs to be a function that allows you to export ALL clip markers from ALL the individual clips that are laid out in one sequence. At the moment you only seem to be able to export Sequence markers or clip markers individually from individual clips. The ability to export everything into one document would be much better.

There needs to be a better way of exporting these markers into a document - the current export as HTML…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Project Bin Not Saving in Workspace

When saving a new workspace in a new project or any project it doesn't keep the project bin were the workspace is saved too. I know it's easy just to move it every time you open premiere but it's super annoying.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Join Selected Through Edits mappable to keyboard

Currently the options are this:
    -OPTION 1: select some 'through edits' and choose from drop down menu to Join them.

-OPTION 2: Join ALL Through Edits (which is also mappable to a key.

HOWEVER, joining ALL through edits can cause effects (pics) or levels and effects (audio) on the right hand side of any Through Edit to disappear.

Solution - and there are two:
    1, allow option to map not just "Join ALL Through Edits" but "Join SELECTED Through Edits" AND "Join Through Edits between IN and OUT on Target Tracks"

2, Make "Join ALL Through Edits" only work where…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default Essential Sound Tab to EDIT

I understand the desire to promote the new stock music. but 99% of the time I go to Essential Sound it's to...WORK ON THE SOUND.

Please make the edit tab default, not the browse for STOCK tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. guides

Would love it for guides to be not workspace dependent but timeline dependent. So that a particular timeline has it's own set of guides. I get wanting to have the same guides that I can use across all timelines, but when I'm doing versioning for social spaces, I need my guides to be different for the different screenscapes I'm working within.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. User settable color management options

We need user settings similar to Resolve where the user can tell Pr what space/profile is used for the display, AND what space/profile should be used for the export.Especially with HDR coming in fast with the wider gamut involved AND with all the P3 Macs and other monitors running wider gamut, this is a must moving forward. We'll all be working with multiple color management needs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. keyframe besier handles in Program window too small

When editing spacial key frames in the Program window to adjust bezier paths, the path, keyframe points, and bezier handles are difficult to see and click on. Larger points and handles would be great. The ability to customize the color and size in preferences would be preferable. It is possible now to adjust the brightness but not the size or color.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make shortcuts export easier and interchangeable between Mac and Pc

There should be an export keyboard shortcuts button on the keyboard shortcuts panel. And that file should be usable on Mac and Pc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workspaces missing when updating from 2018 (12.1.2) to 2019 (13.0)

After updating my Premiere version to CC 13.0, my workspaces stored in Creative Cloud settings refuse to sync. The settings were on the computer and worked with 12.1.2, but after updating to 13.0, I can no longer see any of the existing workspaces and I can't seem to re-add them using another computer with the same workspaces synced with Creative Cloud. I will be reverting to the previous version until I can actually use my own settings with the new version!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. save editor settings

Be great to be able to import editor settings (as per avid) which includes trim/timeline/keyboard/autosave settings all in one go. Also useful to be able to import settings (eg keyboard) rather than have to copy them to a folder..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer.

Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer. I noticed through the console you can change the overall font size which helps a little but if you go over 15 pt the timeline font gets cropped off at the bottom. In Avid you can change the font size of everything individually and not just the font size but he actual font it self. When you're staring at the screen all day it greatly helps to be able to crank up the font size and even to make it bold.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Safe Margins

Please either change the safe margins to a 7% crop action safe and a 10% title safe instead if the current and outdated 10% crop action safe and a 20% title safe. If you don't want to do this, then please allow us to customize the safe margins.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!!

Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!! Can't stand it's only 5 frames.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quicktime/Youtube colour option in preferences

Enable an option in preferences to view timeline with correct gamma/gamut for quicktime, instead of needing to apply a compensation lut on export.
    For example:
    Enable Display Color Management (Web version)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add metadata info in Audio Names

Heyya it would be great to get the audio metadata information with the audio names in the Timeline. Currently, it just says Ch1 Ch2 Ch3 etc, whereas in Da Vinci Resolve, the same clips will say Boom Lav1 Lav2 etc. Be great to catch up to Resolve on this one, cheers!

I have a picture of the Resolve audio tracks, but the new "Drop or click to upload files" button doesn't work on Chrome in Big Sur 11.2 ;/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base