Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. set/scale to frame size should have horizontal/vertical option

this is useful when you're working with 2500x1350p and 4000x2160 for ex

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want my scroll wheel back to expanding layers size in the timeline or allow mouse mapping so I can remove the "alt" function

Allow mouse mapping so I can get back to the old scroll wheel changing the track sizes without the need for an "Alt"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give us unified file names AND custom color labels in the Timeline (i.e. fix Project Settings checkbox)

The current "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" option in the Project Settings window is of extremely limited use to editors since it only allows users to turn the option on or off for BOTH item names and label colors at the same time.

This makes it impossible to rename clips/subclips/nests in the Project window and have the new names automatically propagate to all Sequence instances IF the user also wants to identify items in the Timeline with custom color labels. A single checkbox to control 2 different options at once in an "all or…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unlimited Custom Labels

I love being able to color code my clips, and to have the flexibility to choose my own custom label colors, but having only 16 label slots really limits my color coding system! Avid Media Composer allows you to open up an unlimited color picker for each clip, and you there is NO maximum number of colors.

I miss being able to label things with detailed categories- ex: Blues for interviews, every subject is their own shade of blue. Pinks for Broll, every location is a different shade of pink. And so on. Glad Premiere has expanded the number recently…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When deleting workspaces they do not go away

I was trying to delete the learning workspace and it deletes but comes right back after I open the project again. It doesn't keep the workspaces in the order I put them in

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bins don't bring up custom views on restart

I have a custom bin view that includes headings I created using Add Properties in the Metadata Display window. I saved this bin configuration as a Custom setting, but each day, upon launching Premiere, that bin does not contain those custom (Add Properties) columns. Choosing the custom bin name from the pulldown menu in the Metadata Display window always restores those columns and their contents, but shouldn't they appear automatically?

Martin

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Highlight selected clips in project window with more visible color

When using premiere on the darkest setting selected clips in the project window are highlighted in a lighter grey color. My eyes often have to search for a highlighted clip. The clip should use the same blue highlight color as text and other highlighted options allowing a quicker visual reference.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Modify timecode of clip not setting to original

Premiere Pro version 13.1

To set the timecode of a clip to original timecode you have to apply this setting twice to modify the the clip to original timecode. This must be a bug. It is wasting me a lot of time!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Bins always on top when in List View

When in List View, add a setting to make Bins always appear on top of the list, regardless of the sorting order.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom color the interface

I would like the ability to select custom colors for the Appearance preferences. Background, bins, scroll bar, highlight color, etc..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. REQUEST: Adobe Premiere Extensions Accessed Via Mappable Keyboard Shortcuts

Give Adobe Premiere Pro the ability to keymap extensions via shortcut commands.

This feature is lacking, and it's a solid request. Please look into this.

Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Warn me when the Media Cache is set back to the default location. Bloated startup disk doom!

We all know Premiere makes a ton of media cache files. That's fine! We alleviate this by having a dedicated, external SSD where the media cache files are set to, instead of bloating our startup disks.

But! Quite frequently, for whatever reason, without notice, Premiere will set the cache files to the default location, which on the startup disk. Before my editors know it, they have 250GB of cache files on their startup disk and OSX is saying they've run out of space on their disk!

I'd love to have Premiere warn us when that location has changed to the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let Premiere Pro export quicktime codec H.264

Please find a way to let Premiere Pro CC 2018 export Quicktime codec H.264 like before.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A "Reveal in Finder" button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel that reveals the keyboard setting .kys file

Just like it sounds, a button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (and similar preset panels) that reveals the actual setting file in the Finder (the .kys file for Keyboard Settings for example) would be really nice, instead of having to navigate through the User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere> etc etc

If you move your settings around a lot as many pros do it's nice to be able to access them quickly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to have imported media automatically assigned label color of folder label color.

Option to have imported media automatically assigned label color of folder label color.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For ALL CC apps there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

For ALL CC apps, there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

Have a centralised set of options to make global save locations in the main interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app would take processing information to a greater level. Most people that have CC all apps have multiple HDD/SSD internal and external, yet this minor change would have a significant effect on production workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base