Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add metadata display properties for average bit rate on media files and codec/"editing mode" for sequences

We work with a large number of media files and sequences in a single project with different codecs and bit rates. It would be helpful if there were Metadata Display options for both video bit rate and sequence codec (shown as Editing Mode in the sequence settings).

There is a Metadata display for "Video Bit Rate" in the AS-11 section, but not all video files contain the metadata in that configuration.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change sequence audio settings after creating a sequence

When I create a new sequence it gives me the option to pick how many tracks of audio and what type of audio I would like to have. Stereo,Multichannel ect.

As of right now there is no way to go back to that settings window once the sequence is created. It would be great to be able to change those settings without having to create a whole new sequence.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When deleting workspaces they do not go away

I was trying to delete the learning workspace and it deletes but comes right back after I open the project again. It doesn't keep the workspaces in the order I put them in

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bins don't bring up custom views on restart

I have a custom bin view that includes headings I created using Add Properties in the Metadata Display window. I saved this bin configuration as a Custom setting, but each day, upon launching Premiere, that bin does not contain those custom (Add Properties) columns. Choosing the custom bin name from the pulldown menu in the Metadata Display window always restores those columns and their contents, but shouldn't they appear automatically?

Martin

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Highlight selected clips in project window with more visible color

When using premiere on the darkest setting selected clips in the project window are highlighted in a lighter grey color. My eyes often have to search for a highlighted clip. The clip should use the same blue highlight color as text and other highlighted options allowing a quicker visual reference.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unlimited Custom Labels

I love being able to color code my clips, and to have the flexibility to choose my own custom label colors, but having only 16 label slots really limits my color coding system! Avid Media Composer allows you to open up an unlimited color picker for each clip, and you there is NO maximum number of colors.

I miss being able to label things with detailed categories- ex: Blues for interviews, every subject is their own shade of blue. Pinks for Broll, every location is a different shade of pink. And so on. Glad Premiere has expanded the number recently…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Bins always on top when in List View

When in List View, add a setting to make Bins always appear on top of the list, regardless of the sorting order.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Warn me when the Media Cache is set back to the default location. Bloated startup disk doom!

We all know Premiere makes a ton of media cache files. That's fine! We alleviate this by having a dedicated, external SSD where the media cache files are set to, instead of bloating our startup disks.

But! Quite frequently, for whatever reason, without notice, Premiere will set the cache files to the default location, which on the startup disk. Before my editors know it, they have 250GB of cache files on their startup disk and OSX is saying they've run out of space on their disk!

I'd love to have Premiere warn us when that location has changed to the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A "Reveal in Finder" button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel that reveals the keyboard setting .kys file

Just like it sounds, a button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (and similar preset panels) that reveals the actual setting file in the Finder (the .kys file for Keyboard Settings for example) would be really nice, instead of having to navigate through the User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere> etc etc

If you move your settings around a lot as many pros do it's nice to be able to access them quickly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For ALL CC apps there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

For ALL CC apps, there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

Have a centralised set of options to make global save locations in the main interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app would take processing information to a greater level. Most people that have CC all apps have multiple HDD/SSD internal and external, yet this minor change would have a significant effect on production workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Essential Sound Tab to EDIT

I understand the desire to promote the new stock music. but 99% of the time I go to Essential Sound it's to...WORK ON THE SOUND.

Please make the edit tab default, not the browse for STOCK tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make custom label colors persist with project file

Custom label colors should persist with project so that the colors appear correctly when you open the project on a different computer

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Toggle track output" shortcut

In my opinion it would be great idea to make "Toggle track output" shortcut and be able to assign every track toggle to different key. For example when I press "1" my first track becomes invisible, when I press "2" second track becomes invisible etc... (Please dont missundersant me, I mean toggle track output, not toggle track targeting. Toggle track output are those "eyes" in the red circle at the photo below.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Modify timecode of clip not setting to original

Premiere Pro version 13.1

To set the timecode of a clip to original timecode you have to apply this setting twice to modify the the clip to original timecode. This must be a bug. It is wasting me a lot of time!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. User settable color management options

We need user settings similar to Resolve where the user can tell Pr what space/profile is used for the display, AND what space/profile should be used for the export.Especially with HDR coming in fast with the wider gamut involved AND with all the P3 Macs and other monitors running wider gamut, this is a must moving forward. We'll all be working with multiple color management needs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make shortcuts export easier and interchangeable between Mac and Pc

There should be an export keyboard shortcuts button on the keyboard shortcuts panel. And that file should be usable on Mac and Pc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom color the interface

I would like the ability to select custom colors for the Appearance preferences. Background, bins, scroll bar, highlight color, etc..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base