Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

380 results found

1. Change default names when duplicating item in Project Panel

Any time I duplicate a file in the Project Panel, the default name is "copy 01." There needs to be a way to change this default so that it doesn't say "copy." Why can't it just create a sequential file name like in After Effects? I label sequences as version numbers, so it would be great to just duplicate and have the sequence labeled as "v2" then "v3" instead of "v1 copy 1." It's very annoying and a waste of time re-naming sequences over and over again.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' button to the keyboard shortcuts menu

I would like to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for the timeline button 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' which allows you to toggle nesting or not nesting your inserts and overwrites into the timeline.

This would definitely help make my timeline experience a bit easier and faster.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for sharing custom sequence settings

Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for importing or sharing custom-made sequence settings with other people. This would be similar to the import preset button in the Export window. It would help for sharing a custom-made sequence preset with a group of people.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An option to leave the folders in the effects panel the way they are after closing a project

I hate that I have to reopen all my most important folders in the panel every time I reopen a project.

I realize that some users might prefer having them all closed at default, so having this as an option rather than a permanent feature would probably be better.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add option to also navigate to markers end point.

Shift+M takes you to the beginning of the next marker in the clip/timeline.

Make it a user option to let Shift+M also stop at the END of a marker.

I use markers extensively and once they are set up I always cut at the beginning and the end of these. Having a short cut for stopping at the markers end will speed up the process.

....a small step for mankind, a giant leap for .... well, at least me :).

Thanks

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to change sequence audio settings after creating a sequence

When I create a new sequence it gives me the option to pick how many tracks of audio and what type of audio I would like to have. Stereo,Multichannel ect.

As of right now there is no way to go back to that settings window once the sequence is created. It would be great to be able to change those settings without having to create a whole new sequence.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Audio Input/Output hotkey

I wish there was a way to change the audio output with a set hotkey. This would allow quick switches between headphones and speakers without unplugging headphones or going into preferences. When I need to quickly show someone an edit and have been working with headphones I should be able to hot key switch to the speakers for playback.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.

System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.
    It is a pity that it only works on high spec machines.
    There are many reports that the response at the time of reproduction has become extremely bad.
    Especially when editing the AVCHD material with a long length, the response becomes severe.
    This is worse than the previous version, so the user's reputation is very bad.
    I'm still convinced that the newly added function is bad response, but it is quite hard for the user if the general function that did not have a problem with the previous version got…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to change location of Adobe folder

Every time Premiere Pro is opened, it creates a folder in Documents named Adobe, with subfolders for each application (e.g., Premiere Pro, After Effects Pro, etc.). Our team (as well as the many other users ranting all over the internet) would like to be able to choose a different location for this Adobe folder so it doesn't show up in Documents and mess up our file organization system.
    This is a source of real frustration for our team, and it seems there are many many other users that agree with me. Please fix this soon. Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Toggle track output" shortcut

In my opinion it would be great idea to make "Toggle track output" shortcut and be able to assign every track toggle to different key. For example when I press "1" my first track becomes invisible, when I press "2" second track becomes invisible etc... (Please dont missundersant me, I mean toggle track output, not toggle track targeting. Toggle track output are those "eyes" in the red circle at the photo below.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync Keyboard layouts

I have had to get new computers and switch to new ones a lot lately. My settings never sync to the new machines and I always have to remake all my keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts should be attached to my CC account not the app on the computer. That way we can download our keyboard or workspace layouts when we upgrade gear or have to restore apps.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add a way to change the default pen line parameter in the sequence

Right now, it defaults to opacity. When I have a sequence come in that is needs heavy remapping, then I have to right click on every fx box on the clips and change it to time remapping. Over time this adds quite a bit and it would be cool to have a global parameter change that would allow to change all clips at once to time remapping instead of opacity. Then you could bounce between the two.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shortcut for reverse clip

A shortcut to immediately reverse a clip.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Play audio while scrubbing unticks itself

Play audio while scrubbing in the prefs keeps unticking itself everytime I start the programme. I use PP version 12.1.2

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Warn me when the Media Cache is set back to the default location. Bloated startup disk doom!

We all know Premiere makes a ton of media cache files. That's fine! We alleviate this by having a dedicated, external SSD where the media cache files are set to, instead of bloating our startup disks.

But! Quite frequently, for whatever reason, without notice, Premiere will set the cache files to the default location, which on the startup disk. Before my editors know it, they have 250GB of cache files on their startup disk and OSX is saying they've run out of space on their disk!

I'd love to have Premiere warn us when that location has changed to the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable Automatic Updates

Any editor worth his salt knows that you don't test out new software versions with important projects. Yet Adobe has seen fit to develop an Automatic Update feature for the CC Desktop App. Worse yet, the feature is turned on by default.

That's a disaster that is no longer "waiting to happen", it IS happening for many users.

The feature should be IMMEDIATELY removed and the dolt who approved that idea given a pink slip.

Updates to Adobe CC programs should ALWAYS be manually initiated, without even the option of doing it automatically.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base