Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for sharing custom sequence settings

Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for importing or sharing custom-made sequence settings with other people. This would be similar to the import preset button in the Export window. It would help for sharing a custom-made sequence preset with a group of people.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio Input/Output hotkey

I wish there was a way to change the audio output with a set hotkey. This would allow quick switches between headphones and speakers without unplugging headphones or going into preferences. When I need to quickly show someone an edit and have been working with headphones I should be able to hot key switch to the speakers for playback.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.

System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.
    It is a pity that it only works on high spec machines.
    There are many reports that the response at the time of reproduction has become extremely bad.
    Especially when editing the AVCHD material with a long length, the response becomes severe.
    This is worse than the previous version, so the user's reputation is very bad.
    I'm still convinced that the newly added function is bad response, but it is quite hard for the user if the general function that did not have a problem with the previous version got…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change default names when duplicating item in Project Panel

Any time I duplicate a file in the Project Panel, the default name is "copy 01." There needs to be a way to change this default so that it doesn't say "copy." Why can't it just create a sequential file name like in After Effects? I label sequences as version numbers, so it would be great to just duplicate and have the sequence labeled as "v2" then "v3" instead of "v1 copy 1." It's very annoying and a waste of time re-naming sequences over and over again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' button to the keyboard shortcuts menu

I would like to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for the timeline button 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' which allows you to toggle nesting or not nesting your inserts and overwrites into the timeline.

This would definitely help make my timeline experience a bit easier and faster.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a way to change the default pen line parameter in the sequence

Right now, it defaults to opacity. When I have a sequence come in that is needs heavy remapping, then I have to right click on every fx box on the clips and change it to time remapping. Over time this adds quite a bit and it would be cool to have a global parameter change that would allow to change all clips at once to time remapping instead of opacity. Then you could bounce between the two.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Play audio while scrubbing unticks itself

Play audio while scrubbing in the prefs keeps unticking itself everytime I start the programme. I use PP version 12.1.2

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync Keyboard layouts

I have had to get new computers and switch to new ones a lot lately. My settings never sync to the new machines and I always have to remake all my keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts should be attached to my CC account not the app on the computer. That way we can download our keyboard or workspace layouts when we upgrade gear or have to restore apps.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dark on light interface

I would like you to bring back the option to have a dark-on-light interface. The current interface color makes it hard to read text, and all that dark gray looks depressing and somewhat sinister. I want an interface that looks happy and wholesome, like something professionals use during the daytime - not a dark, creepy "interface of the night".

Most of your users are creative professionals with strong ideas about color and design. I'm sure we would all love to be able to turn off the default interface colors and customize our own, to make the interface look just how…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Program Window Background Color

Be able to change Program Background Color from black to anu other color. Sometimes is needed to change scale or position and eventually I miss some pixels off the grid, and the color black, from background shows up instead. But black is hard to see most of times during editing, and I only realize my mistake after exporting the video. If I could change black to yellow for example, or some "explicit" color, I would be able to see my mistake, BEFORE exporting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable Automatic Updates

Any editor worth his salt knows that you don't test out new software versions with important projects. Yet Adobe has seen fit to develop an Automatic Update feature for the CC Desktop App. Worse yet, the feature is turned on by default.

That's a disaster that is no longer "waiting to happen", it IS happening for many users.

The feature should be IMMEDIATELY removed and the dolt who approved that idea given a pink slip.

Updates to Adobe CC programs should ALWAYS be manually initiated, without even the option of doing it automatically.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. set/scale to frame size should have horizontal/vertical option

this is useful when you're working with 2500x1350p and 4000x2160 for ex

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want my scroll wheel back to expanding layers size in the timeline or allow mouse mapping so I can remove the "alt" function

Allow mouse mapping so I can get back to the old scroll wheel changing the track sizes without the need for an "Alt"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give us unified file names AND custom color labels in the Timeline (i.e. fix Project Settings checkbox)

The current "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" option in the Project Settings window is of extremely limited use to editors since it only allows users to turn the option on or off for BOTH item names and label colors at the same time.

This makes it impossible to rename clips/subclips/nests in the Project window and have the new names automatically propagate to all Sequence instances IF the user also wants to identify items in the Timeline with custom color labels. A single checkbox to control 2 different options at once in an "all or…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcut for reverse clip

A shortcut to immediately reverse a clip.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base