Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

378 results found

1. Bug No shortcuts in 13.1 on windows 10

There are no shortcuts available in the 13.1 release on my windows 10 machine. If I go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, all keys are greyed out.

If I revert to an older version of Premiere Pro they show up. But when I update back to the newer version they disappear again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add "Show Duplicates" functionality to source monitor

The exact same functionality of show duplicates when turned on in the timeline, but added to the source monitor. So when a clip is playing in the monitor we can see which parts of that clip exist in a timeline. Maybe even color code it for projects with multiple timelines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shortcut for reverse clip

A shortcut to immediately reverse a clip.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Autosave when idle for 30 seconds

Avid doesn't interrupt you when you're working in order to autosave.

You can select an autosave of, for instance, 5 minutes in preferences, which means at the 5 minute mark it will wait to be idle before autosaving.
    A second 'force autosave' preference is available. If you set that to say, 10 minutes, it would stop you working (like Premiere) and force an autosave.
    It is so annoying to be away from your desk only to sit down and get an autosave.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for sharing custom sequence settings

Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for importing or sharing custom-made sequence settings with other people. This would be similar to the import preset button in the Export window. It would help for sharing a custom-made sequence preset with a group of people.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Colored areas showing used footage in source monitor

I like the show duplicate frame options in the timeline. And it got me to thinking the other day. Wouldn't it be neat if we could have something similar when pulling a clip up on the source monitor. Instead of duplicate though, there could be colored lines over sections of the timeline showing footage used currently in the timeline. It could get real fancy and show the time when, but I'd be happy with just the bars showing what sections of a clip I've already used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Workspaces not working

Saved Workspaces do not work in Premiere Pro. When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

It was suggested that I file a bug report.

Here's the original thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2514315

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In and Out Points after Interpreting

I propose an option when interpreting footage in Premiere. Lets say you have a bunch of files shot at 60fps and you bring them into premiere and start working with them. You set in and out points on all your clips trying to trim the fat. Well now I know I want those shots on a 23.976 timeline to playback in slow motion. I could slow down the clips with speed in the timeline right? Well that does not work as well as interpreting the footage does. So I go back to my file and I do modify>interpret footage. This…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. folder for most used efects

Premiere should automatically create a folder for the most used effects and plugins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ease In & Out Hotkey Option

Hi, please add the option to set Hotkeys for Ease In and Ease Out of Keyframes! I don't know how many hours of my life this has allready cost me, always having to right click and chose Ease In or Out! PLEASE make it happen!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The option to have keyframes use linear spatial interpolation by default, instead of auto beizer!

After Effects has this option, and for good reason! Auto bezier leads to all sorts of unintentional movement. This is especially newb-unfriendly.
    This is Unique ID 148 on my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Transmit presets

Transmit presets.

A way to save configurations of video/audio out configurations - and switch with the stroke of a hotkey. (Maybe even entire preference panel presets).

I find myself opening preferences and setting different audio/video out every time I switch between me editing - and showing the client. Very annoying!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. keyframe besier handles in Program window too small

When editing spacial key frames in the Program window to adjust bezier paths, the path, keyframe points, and bezier handles are difficult to see and click on. Larger points and handles would be great. The ability to customize the color and size in preferences would be preferable. It is possible now to adjust the brightness but not the size or color.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync Keyboard layouts

I have had to get new computers and switch to new ones a lot lately. My settings never sync to the new machines and I always have to remake all my keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts should be attached to my CC account not the app on the computer. That way we can download our keyboard or workspace layouts when we upgrade gear or have to restore apps.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to change sequence audio settings after creating a sequence

When I create a new sequence it gives me the option to pick how many tracks of audio and what type of audio I would like to have. Stereo,Multichannel ect.

As of right now there is no way to go back to that settings window once the sequence is created. It would be great to be able to change those settings without having to create a whole new sequence.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Workspaces missing when updating from 2018 (12.1.2) to 2019 (13.0)

After updating my Premiere version to CC 13.0, my workspaces stored in Creative Cloud settings refuse to sync. The settings were on the computer and worked with 12.1.2, but after updating to 13.0, I can no longer see any of the existing workspaces and I can't seem to re-add them using another computer with the same workspaces synced with Creative Cloud. I will be reverting to the previous version until I can actually use my own settings with the new version!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Sony camera presets

When you create a new sequence, there are presets based on cameras that filmed the footage you are importing. Like ARRI, Canon, Red, AVCHD, Digital SLR. It would be great to have a list of the Sony cameras presets. Sony Alpha Mirrorless presets. (with options, of course

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Play audio while scrubbing unticks itself

Play audio while scrubbing in the prefs keeps unticking itself everytime I start the programme. I use PP version 12.1.2

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add metadata display properties for average bit rate on media files and codec/"editing mode" for sequences

We work with a large number of media files and sequences in a single project with different codecs and bit rates. It would be helpful if there were Metadata Display options for both video bit rate and sequence codec (shown as Editing Mode in the sequence settings).

There is a Metadata display for "Video Bit Rate" in the AS-11 section, but not all video files contain the metadata in that configuration.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default Export Type Not Just From Same Timeline

I'd like Premiere to be able save a default export type instead of always making me pick. I get that when I re-encode an existing timeline it takes the last one, but I want a default across my project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base