Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  62 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Color Management batch change

Please separate clip colour management settings, so they are no longer part of 'interpret clip' dialogue. Currently if you are trying to amend colour management for a batch of clips, all of the interpret settings are being applied to the batch (frame rate, PAR, Field Order etc). Alternatively a batch amend for interpret, where you are able to 'untick' the options you do not wish to amend would solve this issue.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display Colour Management option for quicktime gamma

Add a display colour management option for quicktime gamma instead of needing to add the compensation lut on export

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hotkey to Duplicate items in Project Window

Is there any way to map a hotkey to duplicate items in the project window? Pretty small thing, but I couldn't find an option and figured I'm not the only one who, like After Effects, would like to hit CTRL+D to duplicate a sequence or such.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

When "Composite in Linear Color" is ON, the cross dissolve etc. does not work properly.

So, as the first setting (default), please turn it off.

【新規シーケンス作成の「リニアカラーで合成」設定を、デフォルトではOFFにしてほしい】

「リニアカラーで合成」がONの状態だとクロスディゾルブなどが綺麗に動作しない。

なので、最初の設定(デフォルト)としては、OFFにしておいてほしい。

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Quicktime/Youtube colour option in preferences

Enable an option in preferences to view timeline with correct gamma/gamut for quicktime, instead of needing to apply a compensation lut on export.
    For example:
    Enable Display Color Management (Web version)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proxy Clip Colors vs Camera Masters

When I worked at an Avid house, they had a great workflow where they would color camera master clips green and proxies would be yellow. This way, you could open a timeline and easily see if all the clips were online or not.
    Premiere's workflow of having one source clip point to both the master AND proxy is awesome. However, i still find myself wanting to see if a clip I am on is a proxy for sure or not. I know the newest version has a watermark in the viewer for this which is a step in the right…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Project-Window sorting order defaults to "frame-rate"

After reinstalling Premiere, the issue disappears and files get sorted by name. But after a week or so, the issue reappears and it defaults to sorting by frame-rate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I can't create proxy through premiere CC 2022 and 2021

I can't create proxy through premiereI'm having problems with creating a proxy. Every time I try to transfer footage to Adobe Encoder Premiere just shuts down by itself.
    I tried with version 2021 and the same thing happens.

the most annoying are when I create manually through the encoder and when I'm synchronizing in premiere, it doesn't identify the proxy.

I've used several formats and nothing resolved.
    I have the Z-cam with MOV HEVC, Black magic with Braw, Canon C70 with mp4.

the problem happened after I installed Mac OS Monterey and updating Adobe Premiere

iMac Pro (2017)
    2.3 GHz…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Preference Option to Disable New Import Window

Please create a Preference option to disable the new import window. The import window is rather clunky and the old method served my needs much better (for example you have a dedicated import window but you can only create one bin for the import?).

Or at least create a preference option to allow New Projects to be created in the Edit window/workspace instead of automatically jumping to the Import window/workspace.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow custom labels to be project (or even production) specific--not default across every project.

In P-Pro 2022, if I change a label name in a project--for example "mango" is now "House B-Roll" -- every project moving forward will have that name associated with that label color. This defeats the purpose of customization if you are working on multiple projects at the same time, and they are unrelated.There should be the ability to customize label names for each project and have those names carry along with the project. This seems minor but could help enormously with work flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where is transcode option on new project pannel ?

in the new version the option to configure transcode has disapear...
    Why ??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change "I-Frame only MPEG" to QuickTime ProRes 422 LT in Sequence Settings on Windows

Every time, when I create a sequence from file, I change "Preview File Format" from I-Frame Only MPEG to ProRes 422 LT. I know, "I-Frame Only" its a good old times format, but today, when you bring a ProRes in Windows, It is time to change standard format?=)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the overall Black layout to white

Overall black background to white

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make UI user friendly

Why the premiere Pro so Dark and unfriendly. I am an animator and I use premiere pro ad after effect A LOT, almost every day.. Then I stopped using them to raise my family. Now I am back working on them but to my surprise it is very hard to use. Grey text on dark grey.. Impossible to read. I want more clarity.. I want more options to the UI.. If Photoshop can do that, why can't Premiere Pro have that ? I miss my old softwares.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remember my FULL SCREEN preference

First off... LOVE that I can go into proper FULL SCREEN mode on a Mac now.

I would LOVE if Premiere remembered the last state I was in (full screen or NOT full screen) and simply launched in that state the next time I launched the app.

I find it very annoying that I constantly need to click the green button where I KNOW I want to be in full screen mode every single time.

This could either be a preference check box or just a default function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. problem with system permissions when editing media on external drive in premiere pro 22.3.0

I have all my assets on an external drive and after updating to the new version of premiere 22.3.0, I was getting a scratch disk error that was saying premiere doesn't have access to my external drive. I had to then go into my system preferences and grant premiere pro full disk access. I have never had to do this before which leads me to think it may be an issue in the new version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base