Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Essential Sound Tab to EDIT

I understand the desire to promote the new stock music. but 99% of the time I go to Essential Sound it's to...WORK ON THE SOUND.

Please make the edit tab default, not the browse for STOCK tab.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. an option in adobe media encoder to read the frame rate of interpreted footage from premier pro instead of OG files for proxy creation

an option in adobe media encoder to read the frame rate of interpreted footage from premier pro instead of OG files for proxy creation so you dont have to wait and manually re-interpret footage at different frame rates

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. the file keep crashing on and on with Thai langauge

I can't even press down any Thai letter to the text box with both Premier Pro and After Effects. Hunnnni saves me please

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the layout for all 'Finnish Extended keyboard' layout to 'Layout' to/in setup panel for 'Keyboard Shortcuts' menu.

Please add the layout for all 'Finnish Extended keyboard' layout to 'Layout' to/in setup panel for 'Keyboard Shortcuts' menu. Thank you for your time and support!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make this available in projects within an Adobe Premiere Production: "Display the project item name and label color for all instances"

This option is not available for projects within a production.
    It is heartbreaking that I can't use this with my team and have to abandon Productions for this reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give options for background and text color combinations

I suggest that users be given many options for background and text color combinations within the application. It is vital for users to be able to change the “theme” of the background so that instead of being grey with pale gray lettering, it is what low vision people need: white background, with black fonts. Dark backgrounds with grey fonts are historically difficult even for people with normal vision. For anyone with cataracts or many other ophthalmologic afflictions, it is quite exhausting to decipher the commands and menu items on the Premiere Pro screen.

Through your customer support I was able…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. guides

Would love it for guides to be not workspace dependent but timeline dependent. So that a particular timeline has it's own set of guides. I get wanting to have the same guides that I can use across all timelines, but when I'm doing versioning for social spaces, I need my guides to be different for the different screenscapes I'm working within.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. False french keyboard on Windows PC

I'm working on a windows PC with a french keyboard (logitech illuminated keyboard cf. picture), with azerty layout. But the french default keyboard is not a PC layout but a Mac layout (cf. picture). So a great part of touches is completely false and some don't even work. I paid for a functionnal software and didn't find any solution. And I don't want to use the qwerty layout, because I don't want to switch each time I have to type a title or a text. So, how can I change the keyboard layout, and also obtain the good defaults shortcuts…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Obsolete Effects

Disable Obsolete Effects !!!!
    Currently if an obsolete effect is on a project file, it won't open… why can't we just disable the effect prior to launch?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Obsolete Effects

Disable Obsolete Effects !!!!
    Currently if an obsolete effect is on a project file, it won't open… why can't we just disable the effect prior to launch?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bug - view preset not remembered

View Preset in Project panel is no longer remembered when you quit/restart. v14.3.0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to set duration on capture.

Set length of a clip so I can start capturing and come back later and recording have finished.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Toggle modes

On keyboard shortcuts, there should be an ability to make any operator a "toggle" so that repeatedly pressing the key turns it on/off or toggles through the desired modes. So key presses for trim mode would cycle through, without the need for modifier keys.
    This could also default to "selection tool" after choosing a different edit tool, so for instance, toggling the hand tool off, defaults the tool choice to the selection tool.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option field for interpolation.

An option field for the interpolation settings so users can put their preferences in instead of the standard once:
    temporal interpolation = linear
    spatial interpolation = bezier
    This would support the style of everyone of us and increase work flow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base